Flag of Ownership

I was on Isle of Conquest. Got mobbed by something like 10-12 horde. It happens. What doesn’t happen anymore is that when they all went their way, I saw that I had a flag of ownership. Hadn’t seen this for ages. I thought all intelligent people understood that this old “thing” was completely “dépassé”, times had changed, and that it could easily be considered offensive. But no, a lock ****this-tichondrius, one guy among the 10-12 had used it and kept using it all over the bg. He thought it was just fiiine.

It’s one thing to “kill” an opponent in a war. But “planting” a flag in a corpse ? Really ? Why not get a scalp, or cut a few fingers for souvenirs. Not to mention the whole debate I won’t get into at this time about the significance of the gesture in relation a certain toxic … behavior much in the medias these days.

The social contract should have put a final stop to this. But it did not. Same thing with “tea bagging”, that seems to be ok with WOW’s social contract !! Really ? “Tea bagging” ? All these occurrences should be bannable and reported. And I ask WOW to have the courage to do it. I wrote to WOW several times in the past about this with no success, evidently. Maybe this time ?

1 Like

Nice b8 m8.

28 Likes

I agree bring back /spit

68 Likes

Whenever someone does this I spend the rest of the bg tracking them down and killing them over and over… and over again. I hope it doesn’t ever get removed.

23 Likes

They should go a step ahead and allow us to take trophies from corpses again and turn them in for gold like in Alteract Valley and Ashran.

If I can plant a flag in your corpse I should be able to collect dwarf spines.

20 Likes

low quality bait

3 Likes

7 Likes

flag of ownership is meh.
drust ritual knife into soul inhaler is how i roll.

1 Like

Flags in me bum rustle meh jimmies. You get to go on the KOS list for that.

2 Likes

A true PVP taunt. You can get quite a few fellows to ignore objectives while they hunt for you.

5 Likes

No just no! I am getting tired of people wanting to take things out of the game because it hurts their feelings, like when does the madness stop?

Personally, when someone places a flag on me I target them and place a flag on them. I mean this game is called WARcraft.

22 Likes

Weak, useless, meaningless reply.

If you release fast enough you wont have to worry about it. Thats what pvp is all about anyways. Releasing your spirit from your body as fast as you can to avoid the sweaty tryharders emote spam

10 Likes

I spent a fat wad of gold on that thing at the BMAH. It’s one of the better toys in the game. Also, I like your idea about getting a scalp or a few fingers from a corpse after you kill it.

7 Likes

I mean OP has another thread calling for ilvl segregation because he gets farmed in BGs.

He just wants a safe space to hide from people I guess.

9 Likes

Every BG I queue into I’m perma slowed, silenced, stun chained, feared, cloned, poly’d, sap chained, blinded, etc. etc. etc. while people try to kill me with their 1-3 button combos, sometimes even get enemy players who will die, rez, then B-line across the map to tunnel me again. I won an AB earlier because 7 of the enemy team stayed at LM and chased me around for a long, long time and gave away 4 bases–all they had to do was defend, and their little peanut brains couldn’t tolerate that I wasn’t dying and threw a match over it.

I don’t have time to notice emotes and flags. Maybe try healing to get busier and you won’t either?

3 Likes

Organically I suppose, but haven’t really being queuing BGs like I used to. Gear gap is too eratic, just makes them unfun to play.

1 Like

Time change and when everything is offensive, nothing is offensive. No matter how many people virtue signal online, I can assure you no one cares about this.

7 Likes

Gin-Ji Knife Set is a fun toy too.

2 Likes

I often forget about that one. Need it on my bars along with Chalice of Secrets.
I’ve seen some people use Seafarer’s Sidewhistle after killing someone, but never Foul Belly. There are also some WoD flags that I never got. What I really need is the Darkmoon Cannon from the Darkmoon Faire race… perhaps more of a WPVP thing.