Fixing the PVP Gear complaints

Why not use current tier systems available to do the same thing with PVP gear?

Current raid tier:
Mythic: 475, 485 last 2 bosses
Heroic: 460
Normal: 445
LFR: 430

Why not make PvP gear scale up +15 item levels when War Mode is toggled or in Battlegrounds or Arenas?

Therefore, PvE gear would remain an OPTION, but not a requirement to PvP AND PvE gear would still remain the best option for PvE.

Essentially it would look like this:

PVP Gear via Conquest, rating-locked: 460 PvE, 475 PvP
PVP Gear via Conquest, no rating lock: 445 PvE, 460 PvP
“Blue” Craftable PVP Gear: 430 PvE, 445 PvP
Chest reward for capping Conquest: +10 ilvls higher than your tier.

2 Likes

PVE gear is required because of BiS stat distribution and certain procs.

let me give you an example with uhdk stats for pvp:
str>haste>verse>mastery>stam>crit

here’s the stats for meme/reanimation specs:
haste>stam>verse>mastery>str>crit

do you know what blizz gives dks from pvp gearing? crit and haste or crit and verse. if i want haste and verse i have to go find a piece with that.

the other issue is ilvl, if mythic raiding and 2400+ are the benches in raiding and arena for 475, then M+ is flying off the chain with ilvl, a +15 and chest needs to be dropping a 460 and 475 shouldn’t drop until +20.

2 Likes

This x1000. I don’t understand why high end pvp gear is damn near impossible to get but m+ gives high end gear out like candy.

2 Likes

You mean like in Warlords of Draenor, the gearing system that almost no players complained about that was completely stripped from the game for no logical reason whatsoever? Yes, I agree.

Also this is accurate as well.

2 Likes

I really just want a casual scaled mode for battle grounds and one for arenas. Like the classic av bg. but for current content rewards.

1 Like

It is not only accurate… it’s the actual core of the problem. People keep saying that PvPers have to PvE, the real issue is that M+ is just too easy to get gear through from what I understand. If +15 is meant to be the equivalent of Gladiator and Cutting-Edge, the tuning has utterly failed.

My guess what happened here is that Blizzard wanted more people to see the cool +10 affixes and so they messed with the tuning so +10 would be more accessible, and by nature that brought the challenge level of +15 WAYYYY down. Just my best guess though.

Why not add some more RNG to the mix then? Blizzard likes RNG. Bring back the “of the ______” variations to gear. That way you can get the stats you want from PVP gear.

Also bring back the “rerolling” items you could craft to change that affix.

Well they are taking a step forward in reigning in Mythic+ gearing in SLs by reducing the number of items from the end of instance chest. But it does scale up way to quickly.

1 Like

Makes sense. The fact that Blizzard compares, gear wise, timing/completing a 15 to consistently winning arena matches above 2400 rating just shows how out of touch they are with their community, and their game.

WOD gearing had it right. Let’s just do that. Problem solved.

1 Like

Just an FYI, I don’t know if you’ve looked at the new vendor, every piece of loot has three different versions with different stat configurations. It isn’t impossible that all three configurations are “sub-optimal” but it is a big step in the right direction short of just letting you craft exactly the stats you want.

But WoW is an RPG so honestly it is really a problem if you can get a minor benefit from getting a better itemized item from another piece of content, as long as your PvP gear loot is like 99.X% good enough?