Fix your lag already

you will get you patch fix on the lag soon 9.0 or something, its just behind a time gate atm… its ok…

2 Likes

There seems to be lag now even when there are no raids around … something is broken

1 Like

So the 10 telling us we are lying and its not blizzs fault can discredit the 100s that say they are experiencing these problems… IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOUR ISP AND COMP ARE PERFECT AND IT IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM BLIZZARDS LACK OF SERVICE… Keep Shilling shill

Any comments from Blizzard there???

This lag issue must just be a symptom of them moving their “best people” to mobile.

1 Like

My guess is that almost everyone is experiencing it but some just notice it a lot more than others, especially depending on what class you play and what addons you use. I have a feeling, and this is pure speculation, that casters probably won’t notice it as hard as melee due to how casting works in general. Melee have a tendency to use so many more instant abilities that when a lag spike hits, you feel it almost immediately. In terms of addons, if you use a casting addon like quartz, you can actually see the delays as well.

time for some snip snip snip

For me, the lag issue seems to only be in certain zones. Currently Suramar is incredibly laggy, sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds just to pick loot off a mob.

1 Like

Lagging off and on so bad censoring doesn’t register, quest pickup doesn’t register, mounts don’t render for a few minutes…

1 Like

I feel like the people who are trying to throw the “complainers” under the bus are being jerks, but a lot of the people raising issues aren’t really describing their issues well for the most part.

What I’m experiencing is something I’ve always called “activaiton delay”, which I thought was a common term but no one is really using in this thread. Basically: when my latency is low (I’m almost always sub 50ms) & I’m having no FPS/stuttering issues (again, almost always a smooth 100+ FPS), yet it mysteriously takes more than 2-3 sec for the server to respond to a button press, that’s activation delay. I’ve had major issues with activation delay in patrol-mode Arathi for a month or more now, but the issue has been cropping up in almost every over-world zone since 8.1.

I don’t know what is specifically causing this activation delay, but given that it is only an issue in specific content that takes place in heavily populated overworld zones, occurs even when when I’m not around large groups of other people, & that I have no performance-based indicators of client-side lag, I feel there’s sufficient reason to assume it is some type of server-side issue resulting from large zone populations.

Fortunately instanced content seems to have no problems, so this isn’t a game-breaking issue to me. But it’s very frustrating in open-world content given that several of the specs I play are very timing-based. I try not to get worked up since it’s just random overworld content, but it’s still annoying.

IDK that this will ever be given a response by those in charge, but I do think it’s an issue that shouldn’t be automatically attributed to “people u need to get off ur potatos”.

1 Like

114 post and no Blue or green to address this but i bet if i make some carebear post about Kittens every blue will make a appearance…

1 Like

Transferred servers to a closer hub partially for this reason. Ping improved, massive lag still present :expressionless:

is there a world boss in the region?

drustvar can be terribly laggy (up to 4 seconds delays on everything even if ping says 40ms) if theres a world boss and lots of sharding happening “nearby” ; for example.

So. Padre returns to eat a little crow. Sort of.
Had a nice extended play session today.
After playing for about an hour I notice my fps are locked on 99.
No lag. No stutter. Just never seen it locked on 99 before.
So i decide to check settings. Sure enough max background/foreground are set to lock at 99.
I’ve never checked those boxes.
I uncheck them.
Go back to the game. I mount up. Except I’m not mounted. Moving like I’m mounted but no mount.
You’re kidding right?
So I go back into settings. Check the max background/foreground fps boxes that I know I’ve never had enabled.
(Just got this rig a few months ago and I know they were not checked when I was testing everything.)
Go back into the game. Restart my client.
Mount up again. No effect.
Mount still isn’t rendering. Huh? I wasn’t having any issues. This thread cursed me!

Anyways. I open up my radeon settings. Yup. There’s a software update.
Express install. Restart pc. Start wow and mounting like normal. No lag. Running smooth so far.

No one was trying to throw anyone under the bus.
People were trying to help someone with a vague description of an issue that should:
A. Be posted in the tech forum not GD
B. Possibly be a little more structured/informative than a rant.(OP is lucky anyone even tried to help)

I haven’t lagged anywhere at any time at all.

This has been going on since 8.1 and there are post in the tech form about the issue where blues have communicated.

That it’s taken this long to address is an issue. My gut feeling is it’s client side threading issue.

It’s something that won’t be fixed until sometime 2019 because all the good Activision/blizzard people get 2 weeks off for the Holidays.

All I know is that since January 2018 I have been running at 30ms/30ms then 8.1 drops and I consistently have 2-4sec ability lag while showing 30ms/30ms latency. Then the drop the hotfixes and now I still have slight ability lag but my latency bounces between 90ms-567ms on both home and world and frankly it’s getting aggravating. No other game or traceroute show any issues. It’s only WoW.

Yeah when are they going to fix this? It worked fine until the tides of vengeance patch and now there is lag spikes that vary in length.

I’m noticing TREMENDOUS lag spikes on the Ysera server. When dying and trying to resurrect, it takes over 3 minutes of waiting at my corpse. Also, when mounting up, I rarely ever see my mount spawn. It just looks like I’m jogging fast.

1 Like