Fix The Actual Reporting Problem: Remove/Nerf the Squelching System

And those players responsible have action taken against them.

I dont think it does because its a system to prevent further possible disruption.

2 Likes

So we’re told, but I have a hard time this is actually happening unless there’s some sort of automation that detects a pattern of reports by players. With that said, we’ve seen complaints about squelches but no complaints about getting actioned for false reports on the forums. Once that actually happens then I’ll have a little bit of faith.

Even if those people are actioned though, it doesn’t prevent the potentially unfair squelch in the first place.

You think someone unfairly squelched shouldn’t even be able to use mail or group finder? Why?

1 Like

Because it will effect the system in place that prevents those legitimately squelched from continuing to create ads within group finder, spam mail ads to players (ever had a server transfer not be able to happen because someone is sending you mail to prevent that?), whisper players directly or engage in any form of social disruption.

1 Like

If people are reported for LFG ads, they’re not squelched or silenced. They can keep posting them until a GM steps in and actually levies a suspension.

If someone sends abusive mail, same thing - they’re not getting squelched from reports.

You’re conflating chat channel reporting with systems that have their own reporting systems, and with that, you’re also perfectly fine with people who do no wrong having large portions of their game shut down by those who weaponize the reporting system.

1 Like

You are forgetting that often accounts used purely for advertising will not only spam chat channels but do a entire multitude of things alongside (lfg/mail/trade chat/general chats) eachother for maximum exposure before their account gets actioned. Is the system perfect? No. Does the system work? Yes.

I mean are you legit asking for the squelch system to be removed so all of those other accounts that are purely created for advertising paid for with gold can go non stop until a gm bans them? Do you think that will be a better system overall for the game or worse in terms of chat and gameplay being disrupted?

1 Like

Yes, OR a middle ground (which is the first of the two proposed solutions - are you forgetting that?)

We’re going to agree to disagree here. Fellow players should have never been given the title of judge, jury and executioner.

2 Likes

I don’t believe in the “All or Nothing” Philosophy. You don’t kill a system because of a few bad apples. I rate it up there with the “defund the police” garbage.

In my opinion, both solutions are stupid. One makes it more work to report offenders, the other one is just dumb.

They never have been…

They were given a system of ‘citizens arrest’ until actual legal professionals can look at the case. The GM dismissing the case or actioning the offenders account would be the judge in this case.

2 Likes

With the the Reddit Booster Community AMA coming out

I feel more justified reporting.

Yah except I post it once every 10ish mins or less. So anyone who is upset by that is just a potato

2 Likes

It doesn’t have an intended purpose. It does, though, have a suggested purpose. I challenge you to produce any documentation that says that Trade chat is limited strictly to discussion of in-game commerce only.

I even showed Blue posts saying that.

Yeah, I shoulda scrolled just a little further before replying. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think I am on his ignore list anyways.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I am as well, based on past interactions over in CSF.

1 Like

Because the point of the post either clearly flew over your head or was just tossed aside. It’s asinine if someone is using trade chat to post an ad IAW the rules, and someone else reports the ad just because it interrupted a general conversation.

Fortunately the other person clarified that they saw the ads in /1 as well, which of course is against the rules since trade chat is intended for ad posting.

1 Like

Ha, look at the post right before yours as well. Sums up the issue with the squelching system. “I feel more justified reporting boosters because…reddit!!!”

1 Like

People who don’t run boosts will never understand. They think everyone is part of huokan spam or selling RMT lolol when honestly it’s generally just people running on their mains to get gold to buy consumes or boosts for alts.

Generally the people reporting are just very low skilled players who are struggling with content and angry that people can skip past that frustration I guess.

I’ve yet to see a 2500+ io / CE player truly complain about boosting lol we all hate the spam from huokan and others though so glad that is gone

3 Likes

Considering they’re taking their frustrations out on individuals who are following the rules, I would be inclined to agree.

2 Likes

It’ll calm down though with 9.2. Right now acquiring everything is a breeze because you can 2 man 15s and still time them.

Once 9.2 comes out these people will fall very far behind quickly and either cease playing or buy my boosts :slight_smile:

2 Likes