Fix The Actual Reporting Problem: Remove/Nerf the Squelching System

I agree they should do something about the squelching system. I am advertising in 5-10 minute breaks, it’s not even CLOSE to spam and yet i’ve received, for the THIRD time in 4 days, another in-game message that i’ve been reported multiple times for Abusive Language. I believe i’ll get silenced again soon, and then appeal for the third time in 4 days. That’s not annoying just for me, it’s annoying to the GM’s. Remove that system for a few days, or just make a VERY BIG POST explaining EVERYTHING to those so-called white-knights with their false reports. I’m selling torghast runs on my main character, my ad literally says NOT AGAINST TOS and people still manage to report me for ABUSIVE LANGUAGE enough for me to be squelched. It’s unreal. If you can’t fix the playerbase and their half-sized brains, just fix the squelching system

3 Likes

Don’t advertise boosting problem solved

1 Like

Don’t abuse automated systems, problem solved.
Go play the endgame and maybe get some half-decent keys timed instead of wasting your time with things you don’t understand, problem solved.
Read the blueposts, problem solved.
Read the ToS, problem solved.

2 Likes

This isn’t a main toon lol no sympathy for boosters. It’s obvious people got tired of the spam

1 Like

That’s correct and you did.

I’ll try not to lose any sleep over it.

1 Like

None of them need your sympathy. They are the ones that know WAY MORE about this game than you. You’re so desperate for attention that you stilll haven’t realized no one is asking for sympathy. Every single booster that been having problems with the squelching system read the blueposts, they’re aware of what they can advertise, how they can advertise and how much they can advertise. They’re the ones that actually, you know, read about the things they’re talking about. They’re not the sensitive white-knights abusing an automated system and getting happy because they get an automated message thanking them for literally abusing the system. It takes a really weird sense of accomplishment to be happy about an automated message.

2 Likes

That’s your opinion. Your realm mates disagree with you.

Try doing your advertisement with 15-20 minute breaks in between.

3 Likes

Believe me, that won’t be enough for the white-knights.

1 Like

After years of seeing the spam take over trade I like real people talking over massive macros 24/7

2 Likes

I would rather they ban boosting altogether. The amount of money these guys collect is unreal. If they need money for consumables they can play the game. Never trust anyone selling something that wont tell you the price up front.

2 Likes

and everyone that comes to the forums saying “I didnt do nothing wrong” is always telling the truth.

4 Likes

what kind of booster did you dealt with that never told you the upfront price. Most community have their prices laid out to you on their discord

1 Like

Why would I stop doing something I’m allowed to do just because some trolls report me?

Maybe that’s something people from frostmourne believe in but not in America mate

2 Likes

You are allowed to sell it. You are not allowed to be disruptive to the game while doing so the same as selling anything - you cant flood/spam chat.

You have no idea how fast Frosty trade chat flies do you? We get very upset in our trade chat talks about KFC and Zinger burgers that anyone posting a macro taking up 2-3 lines causes our conversations to be disrupted.

Sounds like it’s you who isn’t using Trade chat for its intended purpose.

1 Like

Havent been reported yet, guess my server community is ok with random discussions happening within trade chat and has been forever.

We do take issue with seeing:

/1 WTS blah blah (gold only, individual seller)
/1 blah blah blah (im allowed to do this so there is nothing you can do)
/2 WTS blah blah (gold only, individual seller)
/2 blah blah blah (im allowed to do this so there is nothing you can do)

-every 30 seconds by the same person who has it bound to their mouse wheel and usually 10+ ‘sellers’ at a time. Trade chat goes from:

This
/2 Zing on my friends
/2 What time does kfc open again? i need another zinger

to this
/2 Zing on my friends
/2 What time does kfc open again? i need another zinger
/2 Thunderfury, blessed blade of the windseeker is the best way to cut your zingers.

See the issue?

1 Like

Yes, the issue I see is someone is using /1 for sales. THAT is what is supposed to be reported.

Using /2 is perfectly fine. If people are getting reported for using /2 every few minutes, then that’s ridiculous.

BUT, I am 100% onboard with anyone and everyone being reported for using /1 for sales, because that is explicitly forbidden by policy due to 1) not being a permitted channel for sales, and 2) being cross-realm.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s you who isn’t using Trade chat for its intended purpose.

Found this…

Then there is this…

3 Likes

I agree every few minutes is fine especially on a server with a high rate of trade chat. As someone else on these forums pointed out to me they dont care how fast they spam it because they are trying to target ads towards people on flights through oribos. Im even ok with “< blah guild > offering boosting services, pst for info”. i take issue with it being disruptive.

Imagine your favourite streamer chat, flying away at 100 mesages per second started getting advertising - how long before a mod bans that person?

1 Like

We’re not in disagreement about actual spamming in /2 being an issue. If someone’s posting more often than every few minutes, that’s a problem.

The issue at hand is when the report system is used as a weapon against someone for no valid reason. There are several examples on the forums, even some confirmed on the CS forums by blues, where people are getting reported, squelched and overturned by a GM. It happens when they are posting in /2 in accordance with the rules, simply because other people have an agenda and report anything/everything they don’t agree with.

When you’re squelched, you lose LFG usage, mail usage, almost all chat usage, etc. - it has a very large impact on the game, and people who are being targeted for following the rules have to burden the consequences of false reports until a GM lifts the restrictions.

That is the issue at hand - the automatic squelching goes way too far right now. I think my first solution is a good middle ground; although I think it still goes too far, it’s as least far better than locking down most of the game.

2 Likes