Fix Ret Paladins Megathread

It’s not just that, it also relies on a bug mechanic that Blizzard left in the game that necessitates a 2handed swing speed of 2.0 or less…

That’s not the alliance “strat”
Alliance just has a lot of paladin players because it’s a popular class

Hyad-

Long replies don’t worry me. I’ve been trying to make mine shorter without sounding like I’m listening less or don’t care.

I wrote a big post here that I’ve shortened. I asked for BG statistical data, which you do not have. I don’t have it either. Blizzard doesn’t publish it. Third party sites don’t seem to collect it for seasonal things.

I don’t have any. Whole point was “in order for me to say the horde is or isn’t supposed to be this overpowered in PvP” you’re begging the question - I have to say the horde is overpowered in PvP. I don’t have any data to that effect. I have my gut, but I also hate PVP, so not always a great resource to ask. I do like statistics, though, and I’d love to see more how the team balances PvP.

How much more overpowered is the Horde than the Alliance? Is there any kind of meaningful quantifiable statement you can make like “Horde is 33% more likely to win in a battleground” or “Shaman live 25% longer in active combat than paladins?”

I cannot make a good-faith argument because I do not have anything with statistics and numbers on it, and I don’t trust my perceptions with being the reality for everyone.

One thing that would also be helpful would be listing the kinds of things you’d like to know when balancing the game/classes - average time spent in active combat, battleground win/loss rates by faction, win/loss rates by class, evidence of pre-made groups, etc. You could even include number of times a racial active like Will of the Forsaken or Escape Artist got used per match to see how useful that racial actually was. Number of times a stun got resisted, number of stuns lost to immunity, amount of time spent in stun lock, amount of stun lost to diminishing returns. Are there any questions you’d like to see answered along these lines?

But to go back to to your question, I don’t have any evidence - I said your statement “Alliance should have an advantage in PvE” is unsupported. If you make a statement, you have to back it up. I don’t have to do your homework for you.

But, understand one thing: When you say “who wants to be in an unfair fight?” and I’m talking numbers and balance and such and you reply with some variant of “The main character of the game is an orc,” which you have now. Twice. How do you expect me to address or redress that? I asked you that last time, I’m going to ask you more clearly this time: You always have that assertion there. You can always hit me with it. It will always be a grievance that cannot be solved by in-game balance. This is something you can always fall back on, and something I can never fix. Every time you say something like that, what do you think I hear?

Because I step into an unfair fight knowing you can slap me with “main character’s an orc” any time you like when I’m trying to find balancing data, or statistics, or really any kind of number. Maybe we could start by agreeing that that’s not a helpful thing to say. Or not.

I can’t help you there. If that’s still important to you, “I’m sorry” is the best I’ve got for you. I want a fair game for everyone.

I’ll let you know if I find any battleground data.

-Horse

EDIT: Fixed embedded link. It was correct, just display text was wrong. Shortened post. Fixed very many spelling errors, shakes get bad at night, insurance company fouled up my record again. I <3 healthcare.

And it’s the first time since patch 1.7-1.8 that Paladins are seeing significant changes and, more importantly live-service bug fixes since 2006. I can imagine it’s the same with shaman, since they’ve been doing things like rooting out the ICD/GCD bug/“feature.”

I saw a post in this thread hundreds back saying something along the lines of “remember this is ‘lolret’ we’re talking about” - and despite the “clunk” in the kit, things are being looked at, finally, at regular intervals, and there’s some pretty regular communication going on. Retribution isn’t a “meme” class anymore.

As a warrior, I’m very jealous - All I ever hear is “So if you had to get rage normalized, what would you take in trade, by the way, we’re not reading anything long, or telling you we read anything” - good for you guys. :slight_smile: