Fix reckoning and hand of justice

I don’t care if they are in the ‘not a bug’ list.

They are not working properly. Reckoning is constantly dropping stacks, and hand of justice procs don’t actually do anything.

I and many others have spent the last 3 months gearing our characters to be attackpower retribution reckoning paladins in pvp, and now legitimately every aspect of our gear is worthless. ALL OF OUR TIME HAS BEEN WASTED BECAUSE YOU FUNDAMENTALLY BROKE A CORE TALENT AND ONE OF THE BEST TRINKETS IN THE GAME. RECKONING IS LEGITIMATELY DOING NOTHING.

I’m not even kidding when I say that the meme spec, shockadin–is the next best option for pvp as a paladin. (excluding just going holy to heal)

I’ve personally invested 1006 hours on my paladin. I do not want to reroll or completely restart gearing while the honor system is already in place, meaning that Ill be incredibly behind trying to get to high rankings for the gear. Please for the love of god fix reckoning and hand of justice.

20 Likes

Yea I seen esfand whining about this, gl on it.

4 Likes

I couldn’t careless if they broke something that wasn’t in vanilla, I don’t even play reckoning.

I’m not happy they made a change, while we are at it let’s reduce poly to not last 28seconds.

Reck was in vanilla and shouldnt be changed, lots of things in the game that are a gimmick are we going to fix all of them?

5 Likes

ok guys, yall dont understand. reckoning isnt this “bug that just never got fixed”. its 100% intended for paladins to be able to store stacks of this buff indefinitely until logout. the combination of instantly attacking 4 times, having seal of righteousness going off 4 times, and having hand of justice having a chance to activate from all 8 instances of damage, were intended and constantly in the game throughout the entirety of vanilla (1.0 through 1.12). blizzard has accidentally broken this feature by making reckoning remove its stacks when you attack a different target.

if blizzard fails to remedy this mistake in a timely manner it will severely reduce player confidence in blizzard’s ability to provide an authentic classic experience, and the fallout will be more people flocking to play on private servers, which grow more and more authentic as they have more and more access to the official blizzard data tables now.

12 Likes

I’m sure that’s pretty frustrating.
Vanish has been bugged for 15 years though, so they should probably fix that first.

Imagine if your bubble just had a chance to fail… well except it’s worse than that because rogues aren’t wearing plate and can’t heal themselves. Oh and it costs me a reagent. Imagine if you had to find a holy dealer that is only in main cities to sell you some moist holy water or something and you had to carry it around with you at all times.

So you’re running around with this crap in your bags all the time. You land in lights hope ready to spread the word of justice… Something is wrong though… it’s quiet… too quiet… and the guards are suspiciously far away… Gutteral screams break out as an army of thirsty orcs, heffers and undead descend upon you from all angles… but you have faith on your side…

Nothing can stop you… you drop the hammer of justice and start those 4 second auto attacks. You’re about to unleash some 3:16 nonsense on these fools and then you hear it. SQUELCH. Cheapshot. You’re CC’ed to the 9s. Your life is fading so fast you barely have time to react… only one thing left to do in this situation…

You’re about to drop the max disrespect bubble hearth.

You throw that moist water up in the air and feel it splash all around you as the warmth of justice embraces you… you immediately fondle that hearthstone in the most inappropriate of ways…

You open your eyes expecting to see the disgruntled faces of 15 horde who had you dead to rights through your radiant shield… only to see flashbacks of your entire life while hearing muffled orcgasms in the backround as you open your eyes in confusion…

Deeznuts the orc is now tbagging you, and justice has abandoned you.

The humanity of it.

17 Likes

I feel bad for you rekadins.

Blizzard seems to have put their ugly foot down a ruined what we all know as the rek paladin =/.

Sad. Sorry guys, ive been met with similar resistance and I dont expect them to change it =/.

Wasn’t this the ability that allowed people to solo Lord Kazzak?

If you can’t oneshot a raid boss with it, why even spec into it?

Haha jokes.

Reckoning was the ability used for that… I’m not sure the exact mechanics of the bug or what the fix for that did though. They could be two different issues with the same skill.

I am mostly annoyed that if you get crit multiple times, in quick succession, your character stands there, doing nothing, not even your normal auto attack.

Originally, you stack reckoning stacks… forever.

Yes, many many years ago they capped the limit to 5 stacks of reckoning (5 stored attacks.)

No changes.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha. Dude you win the forums.

Too late they already did, so what is next to be changed?

1 Like

Not just solo…one shot. Basically the OP wants an instant-win ability. Reckoning was already broken…it’s fixed now.

1 Like

https:// classic.wowhead. com/news=300054/reckoning-bug-fixes-and-not-a-bug-behaviors?webhook

Rip reck pallys xD

WTF i’m unsub if this isn’t fixed by the time my next month payment… you seriously nerfed the one spec that made paladins fun… you joking me. #nochanges oh wait you changed what was in vanilla… and all the private servers. GGBLIZZ #ProjectA

Ok, this is not correct…

Now, back in Vanilla when you stored Reckoning Charges you could def mount up and keep the Reckbombs stored…

This is not correct either… That sentence is a complete lie…

In Vanilla, If you didn’t turn off your Auto Attack you would ALWAYS lose your Reckoning Charges…

If you were out of range and started auto attack, you would lose your charges…

If you were not facing your target and you didn’t turn off your auto attack, you would lose your charges…

It was always like this… Why change the way an ability works when it was always like this? The problem wasn’t with storing 4 Reckoning Charges, the exploit was with their spell batching and spamming a stop start attack macro… It had nothing to do with storing 4 Reck charges…

Are they going to start changing other class abilities as well and start “Balancing” What happened to #NoChanges?

Their “Not a bug” list is absolute bullsh!t…

5 Likes

Even if this was how it was back in vanilla, it’s extremely disappointing that they’re still “fixing” things months after launch.

The exploitadin tears are delicious

3 Likes

By ‘fixed’ you mean non functional.

Also if I might add, this bug is also apparently popping up with sword spec for warriors and some stuff for rogues (not certain which, not familiar with their talents). I don’t think warriors and rogues will appreciate their talents not working properly, either.

Additionally… if I manage to get 4 stacks of reckoning at once, and I target you… yeah. That’s gonna hurt. Of course it is going to do a lot of damage.

But you know something else? So many other classes have options to burst for ridiculous amounts of damage. Elemental shamans right now are capable of double proccing crits on chain lightning, and in combination with 1.12 itemization they can easily do 7k damage at once.

7k! I honestly don’t think that I could hit anywhere near that amount of damage in a single burst even if I wanted to with my current gear. Even if I crit every hit including seal of command.

No, more than likely my damage output in retribution reckoning spec if none of my reckoning hits crit nor seal of command would probably be around… 1800-2500 damage depending on the armor of the target. (or even less if they are a tank that has stacked defense skill!)

And remember. This isn’t something I get to do by pressing a combination of buttons. it’s entirely dependent on my opponents to crit me. I could get crit just once during a fight, then it’s only a single extra hit.

Without reckoning, the damage that an AP retribution reckoning paladin can do in pvp is significantly worse. In the end, I just want the pvp experience to be very ridiculous for everyone. Everyone gets to have their opportunities to produce an absurd display of power. It’s super fun.

This game isn’t about being balanced or fair. This is about leaving class balance alone and letting the game be what it was. A broken mishmash of systems that made an incredibly fun game with high highs and low lows.

I think the bug with all the multihit abilities that was allowing people to get extra hits with the start/stop attack macros… that being fixed was a good thing.

But you know what? I don’t think core talents being functional is a bug. Also hand of justice… the trinket every melee dps wants. I want that to actually work, so that it’s worth having? just saying.

1 Like