Fix hunters in BGs while leveling, seriously

So I enjoy WoW, but mostly enjoy the PvP aspect of the game. While I level up a new class, my favorite way to do so is from battlegrounds. I will buy gear off the Auction House to keep myself up to date with gear if I need to, just to spam battlegrounds to level…

MM hunters have big a pretty big problem while leveling in BGs since shadowlands, but they have seemed to have got even worse.

I am trying to level a Mist Weaver Monk, he is in the 30 to 40 BG bracket right now. Everyones health on both sides of Horde and Alliance are around 4,000 to 4,500. I made a mental note of this while I was looking over a few MM hunters damage on details addon.

Some MM hunters I have come across are doing 6k (non crit) and 11K+ (crit) damage from a single cast of Aimed shot. I literally spent an entire BG getting literally 1 shot by hunters using Aimed shot. Because of this, it’s not uncommon to see half your team, or the enemy team, with hunters. It’s actually insane, and game breaking when it comes to trying to level up in battlegrounds.

Blizzard needs to fix this, it makes leveling in PvP miserable

2 Likes

i don’t believe those numbers in that bracket

1 Like

Since youre from that guild which constantly trolls my posts after I repeatedly killed your leader again and again in one of his premade Epic BGs, to the point of him raging on his stream… I put no value in your replies to my post and will ignore any further from you.

(Forums show this is my first post, but only because I changed servers so it reset my count, if anyone else is reading this and wondering)

2 Likes

lets do the math. lets say its a twink hunter and if so they have 400 agil(thats alot even for a bis 39). 400 agil for mm hunter means 800 attack power yes? the aimedshot math is attack power x 273% (wowhead) so that regular non crit is 2184. crit would be double. add in 30% for pvp potions and its still not even close to what you’re saying.
no double tap in that bracket either.
i can care less who you are or even who you think you are. you’re wrong.

I got the numbers directly from two different souces, the Addon ‘details’ and from my death recap directly from World of Warcraft. So if im wrong, then world of warcrafts ability to track damage and the details addon is wrong.

I trust both of those programs ability to calulate the proper damage over someone who just went to wowhead to get some quick info to do some rough math. If i go against that same MM hunter in the next couple of days ill take screenshots to prove it.

On top of that, your math didnt even include mastery which directly buffs Aim shot. My monk in that bracket has 70% mastery without even focusing that stat. I would assume you could get close to 100% mastery if you really tried. You also didnt include agility potions, flasks and other possible damage multiplayers at that level

1 Like

Bruh they aren’t going to fix low lvl pvp. They barely care about max level PvP. All attention and focus is on dragonflight.

Not saying you’re wrong. Hunters are overtuned in low level bgs. Most people know it and would agree, regardless of your damage report being sus. But it just isn’t going to happen. Might as well be howling at the moon.

2 Likes

Was this in tok? because I find these numbers extremely hard to believe. I base this entirely on the recent 39’s twink tournament that went down. No one was doing 11k crits lol. Sadly the vods are down now but every hunter was running surv over marks and if marks was hitting 11k they def wouldn’t

be running surv over it. Also marks was not banned either so yeah.

And? Everyone has killed archaos its not a big accomplishment rofl.

I mean even if the 11k was really 7k, if everyone only has 4K health what’s the difference? People acting like one-shot isn’t accurate enough, it needs to be a 0.94 shot now or we discount the entire thread.

1 Like

I am playing with someone in the 30s bracket right now. I am level syncing as a level 60. Hunters are so dumb. Even worse at lower levels. I have 4.9k HP. Got hit by an aimed shot + arcane shot for over 5.1k damage. That’s stupid.

2 Likes

If the hunter has an orb or is shooting someone with an orb or both. Or even shooting someone with the flag debuff those numbers can happen.

Either way its actually pretty common for hunters to 90% you with one aimed shot all the way to level 51.

PVP is entirely broken under level 50. Embarrassingly broken. Its an awful experience and shouldnt be this way if they actually cared about the game. This isnt some imbalance. Its just absolutely not functioning.

Its actually not wrong, I have another shaman I’m leveling as resto and do the same thing, level in bgs. I’m also in the 30-40 bracket at the moment and MM was hitting for 6k. Had a whole discussion in a bg yesterday where another healer was being one shot with a 6k hit and they only had 4500 hp so…

bum! post ignored by blizzard 101

i’ll accept a 6k crit in that bracket with full buffs/pots. definitely not 12k in 30-39.

So your accepting of the fact that in a bracket whose players healthpools are about 4-5khp 6k max/high end an Aimed Shot crit is perfectly acceptable as doing 6k damage?

I see why your Honor Level 3.

Lol and now someone calls you out for your guild and premading. Lol.

all he’s saying is hunters are op in lower brackets. its a tale old as time. his math was way off and now everyone is in agreement:

hunters are op in low levels.

im only honor level 3 on this account for a reason.
you read too much into things.

Let’s say its true and this is your other account…

Your paying for two accounts just to hide behind one of them on the Wow Forums? LOL bro.

Also numbers are reachable if buffed / berserker and enemy has flag and Damage increased via Flag etc.

this need you have to constantly try to figure things out, which are none of your business is a mental illness. im not making fun of it but its super cringey.

everyone knows this was my partysync anchor account so i was only hiding in syncd bgs on my 60’s until they had max honor gear and at least one leggo. i found a way around the grind at 60 being undergeared and did it in a bracket considered most balanced(51-59).

show some respect.

Idk biggest crit ive gotten was 14k but the dude had an orb and i had max buffs . But ya hunters need a nerf.

Not even trying to figure things out… actively figuring things out :wink:

Also “super cringey”… interesting coming from the player that resorts to paying on two accounts just to pvp. That is definitely more “cringey” bro.

So sad.

easier to farm gear for your twinks with a second account. nobody pugged sm lib back in the day hoping for dmh to drop. not only would everyone get a chance to need roll your 29/39 would get xp.

maybe its just you cant afford a whole dollar every day and im being income shamed because of my frivolous spending?

in any case it’s getting weird my guy i feel like mariah carey singing to eminem.