Fix Heroic Throw

Rename it back to Throw, Nothing Heroic about it.
Fixed.

On a more serious note, A few good additions to Heroic Throw would be welcomed

OPTIONAL IMPROVEMENTS

• Heroic Throw causes Deep Wound 100% of the time on hit.
  • Have a PvP Talent which causes Heroic Throw to Execute when HP is under 20%
  • Increase the CD of Heroic Throw however make it Silence a caster for 2 seconds on hit.
  • Heroic Throw now Dazes the target for 3 seconds on hit.

This move has a lot of flexibility for improvement however as it stands right now, its not Heroic, its just a Throw.

3 Likes

Why not build in bloodlust while we’re at it…

3 Likes

ill take a sort of gag order return. make it a ranged kick not a silence like it used to be and give it a minimum range to use so you wont have 2 kicks while sitting on top of someone

And why do we need to do that?

It feels like a ranged attack to bait enemies in honestly. Would be nice if they added a Rude Interrupt sort of feature to the ability, where if you hit a mob while they are casting, you get a damage/stat boost.

the 3 second daze doesnt sound too bad but id rather have it kick the target for like 1 second instead and then make it a 15 second cd.

Thanks to azerite traits, essences, and/or corruptions my throw is pretty heroic…sometimes.

There are times I use it on a random world mob and accidentally 1 shot it or knock off 3/4th their health.

That’s exactly what throw is right now, a distraction, like throwing a rock at an enemy. If you threw an actual weapon, even a small 1h, the sheer weight of the weapon would do some damage or at least be dazed or knocked back and that’s without the actual blade connecting on the throw.

Heroic Throw should have something small added just to make it seem a little more useful, otherwise they should just rename it to Throw and leave it at that.

1 Like

I would love to see it do something more. Even if they just make it do like quad+ damage. Even if it crits as is it’s like 1/10th of an auto attack.

Tbh having it apply deep wounds is the best idea and should for sure be the case

Bringing realism into a discussion about a fantasy game is never not laughable.

1 Like

It’s not about realism, its simple logic. Regardless if its a fantasy game or not, If i threw a melee weapon at you, it would bloody hurt and could be quite harmful compared to how its implemented right now which is like throwing a stone, thats laughable.

Being a fantasy game only makes it easier to be flexiable for changes. Add lighting bolts for all i care.

Why don’t we just make warriors immune when use it? Or for ten seconds after, that sounds great.

You asked for a burger and you already got a steak, calm down.

1 Like

How did I miss such a thread?

No point in this.

Range executes shouldn’t be a thing.

Blanket silence have no skill to them.

Not a terrible idea.

1 Like

Logically you can’t throw a battle axe 30 yards either. Just sayin.

1 Like

And if a tauren swung a massive two handed maul full force at you overhead, you’d be dead. But instead, you take 2k damage. So no, it’s not really laughable, it’s tuning.

Considering you are just as likely if not more so to be hit by the hilt/pommel/haft of anything but a spear, I’m gonna say no.

Let’s say you actually get by the money side of the weapon. Omg uber dead right? Well, not so for anyone wearing mail or better. The likelihood you’ve hit a weak spot in plate with anything is infinitesimal, and nothing but a thrown spear is probably going through mail.

Than we all agree that it should be rename to just Throw. Nothing Heroic about this ability the way it stands.

The name of the ability, really, really does not matter. This is like complaining about the wrong shade of grey.

Call it titanic throw, or pebble toss. Legit. Doesn’t. Matter.

It feels like a Pebble toss thats for sure.