Fix Goldmaking, Professions, Regionwide AH

Regionwide ah has its upsides but man has it ruined any potential of making gold on enchants for example.

Work orders should not be tied to professions and should be a side thing to get a higher lvl armor for example… it’s almost always empty for me, not fun and I waste more time than it is even worth.

Profession knowledge points, and items to craft is so messed up… I missed the days when you could pop open the tab on a lower pop server, find profitable items, craft, restock, and put on ah and it would sell… now there are RANKS now also which just over saturates the market and most of the good stuff you can put on the AH is only viable to be done through WORK ORDERS. Knowledge points that only the min maxers or those with MORE time on their hands get ahead in, and it is usually the gold goblins running more servers that are ahead. Do we need every aspect of this game to be sweaty…

Some good stuff in Dragonflight but the last bastion of my enjoyment which was Professions and gold making has become a huge let down.

These are my gripes, do with it what you may.

2 Likes

I have made millions with enchants what the hell do you mean?? This is the first expansion in 20 years where most professions remained valuable the length of the expansion! Region wide means more access to rare materials that could otherwise be controlled by some goblins on a single server.

I am sure others can give plenty more answers. Also just scroll the forums, there dozens of threads about that same rants as yours.

Think you simply cant handle having competition on low pop server where you probably had monopoly before region wide AH.

30-45 min per week dedicated to profession development is now no-lifing? Cmon

3 Likes

First expansion?
We have clearly been playing different games.

What way… had millions at the start to take advantage of the ranks, exploits, spam trade chat?.. 'cause last I checked making ‘‘millions’’ w/ enchants is not common and it is sure as hell not profitable for the last several months almost.

And plenty who gave baseless out of touch responses like yours. I’m up to date with the info but thanks for stopping by.

It’s cute you think that. And that you think it’s ‘‘development’’ and actually fun to do lol

Sorry but there was no monopoly pre region wide that you couldn’t just finesse. Now though? You bet there is, and it is almost impossible to play the ah market. If anything we are now drowned in bots and no-lifers just drowning the market.

But I wouldn’t expect you to understand, you’ve defended this new system from the get-go. Because you are probably one of the handful who sweat the system week in and week out from the start.

Are you going around on a ground mount? I can’t imagine the weekly knowledge collection taking more than 45 minutes.

It’s somewhat fun to do. There are certainly worse ways to spend 30 minutes per character per week.

The region-wide AH is objectively better for consumers. It’s not going away, and any issues you have with it are not the fault of the dragonflight professions.

why blizard allow some players to kidnap the region wide AH???cause putting walls of crafted items that sell for much lower than price mats is not healthy for the economy. No value in having or leveling a profession if you cant craft something for more than the mat price of an item.

1 Like

It’s pretty broken when mats cost more than the crafts. May not be the case for gear but it is for consumables. Can’t even get high enough multicraft to make it worthwhile.

Mats have always cost more than crafting. The one thing I kind of like about Dragonflight crafting is it’s the first time that I can actually create gear that is worth having. The crafting order system seems like a good idea but it definitely is not working. When I check I see a list of craft requests with no mats provided and a 50G tip for something that costs 2k for mats and is BOE. That’s just people being jerks. Added to that, trade chat is full of people asking for upgrades and gear that is BOP. The stuff the craft order system appears to have been designed for. oh well - best laid plans etc.

2 Likes

Yup. I’m all for having it as a way to craft for yourself or have someone do it. But doubling down on it and making professions revolve around it has been REALLY not fun. I really would like to just have lots of things to craft and put on AH so someone who isn’t on at the same time as me or some other crafter can just grab it. Makes it worth while too.

As it stands now, it’s not fun and not worth the time and effort.

The ones it benefits from the gold making side are the gold goblins and people who can sit at home from launch to no life every knowledge point and then spam trade chat… oh ya blizz that is really fun :roll_eyes:

I didn’t find the knowledge points that tough to get. I maxed out all profs at some point and I just did like 30-45 minutes total each week to get the weekly cap on points for all my profs. I did skip the forbidden reach points though, those were not worth the time investment. So I only got 11-14 knowledge points per week per profession instead of 12-15.

I won’t call it fun, but I’m ok with the rewards requiring effort in the new system. It wasn’t too much effort and it fit well with my limited time in game at nights after work.

I actually found this system very user unfriendly. At least for enchanting. There is one obvious weekly quest in Valdrakken for 3 points, and zero explanation beyond that. I randomly found some chests that gave knowledge, and some got some points from disenchanting, but that’s it.

At least in mining it drops from ore veins sometimes, which makes sense. But again there is no indication of any weekly cap.

It would have been helpful if there was a UI that showed weekly limit of knowledge and some pointers where it could be gotten from.

I totally agree that the ingame UI doesn’t do a good job explaining stuff. There’s all kinds of hidden info. I relied on the wowhead guides (which I don’t think is the right answer in general, but I was willing to use an outside source for info).

I was more commenting on the amount of physical effort. Like for enchanting. I went to the bridge NE of Valdrakken, spent a few mins killing the drakonid humanoids for their drop, then flew down to the azure vaults area to kill small elementals for the 2nd one. I picked up any expedition bags on the way to farm for the 2 tokens from those. If I didn’t get those two, I did the circle east of valdrakken for more packs (elementlist town + dragon area + waterfall area). Aside from that I did the weekly quest. I did this weekly (and similar for the other profs). Some weeks if I was lazy I skipped over a profession or two, but usually I did them all like that.

I’m actually not a big fan of quest routines like that for professions as well. I think a quest chain/reputation to get a recipe is fine when done once, but I’d rather get my knowledge points from actually crafting. But time wise I agree, it doesn’t sound like a big time investment.

1 Like

It’s not fun to do. There is no catch up then. I prefer doing some stuff to fetch, do that is profession related a few times. Later on I prefer just get it from crafting. A lot of the stuff weekly on a system that gold makers require having alts, makes it obnoxious and cumbersome.

That is what you want gathering/crafting to be, if you want to make gold. The most lucrative things ever, were all adjacent to monotonous, and frustrating mechanics. Or things that required more than bare minimum investment to lock out crafting alts.

Lucrative gold making always requires at minimum, a soft gate(annoying and unfun things like the scrapper in BFA), or a hard gate (time gates like the boe legendary in legion, of the world quest cooking/mining/herb mats in legion).

The only exception are truly mind numbing trade chat spam like work orders on DF. And spamming the AH with relisting using an addon like Legos in shadow lands and commodity markets since forever.

True which is why going back to basic is the key to fix professions.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

Ya I never knew , until I went into cata wow classic , that I simply wanted my old professions back.

Sometimes if it ain’t broken, don’t change it.

And if you do, at least do it right.

What we have now is not right.

It doesn’t promote communication that is healthy.
It wastes peoples time a lot and doesn’t feel rewarding.

Cata had issues but it also did many things right.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I haven’t played since BFA, and I’m coming back now.
In bfa u could change your profession, and relearn everything that u knew from the previous profession using a book.

How that affected the progressions and economy? Because that allow people to had all the professions but with extra steps.

That always had limitations. It wouldn’t, for instance, restore recipes you learned from a dropped item (many of which are no longer available any longer), so it wasn’t a panacea.

I can’t speak to the economic impact of those limitations, because professions aren’t for goldmaking AFAIC. It’s for utility, which is why all my profession activities are among alts.