Fix for Repeat Instance Bug Exploit

Everybody abused it.
Remember that congo line you had to wait to kill that quest mob with a 10m respawn timer? Ask a guildie in a big city (inv please so I can jump layers)… bam you’re no longer in a line. What about the guy who hit a 3day speedrun, he was layer hoping in dungeons aoe grinding mobs. You can also jump layers to farm ore/herbs/skins… yes you know that one spot where everybody kills skinnable mobs but never skins them, bam.

^ These bugs need to be fixed.

4 Likes

Are you going to ban all the people layer hopping to avoid pvp?
What about all the people who layer hop in world to farm extra nodes or reset mobs for exp?

Really, everyone exploits layering for personal gain in some way or another.

Whether it’s “minor” or “major” its still system abuse to circumnavigate playing the game as originally intended.

Layering is a terrible system that everyone abuses, is like to see all the people who spam “layer plz” in world get banned to.

3 Likes

Sounds like you are affraid of getting banned.

7 Likes

Who would of thought layer hopping would be the thing that ruined classic, you know the thing that wasnt in classic and what any smart person didnt want. I could see this a mile away…

19 Likes

why defend exploiters for people who maliciously abused the exploit unless you’re one of them

6 Likes

Even if it’s “just a game” it’s not the kind of game that can or should be enjoyed as “just a game.” This was designed for the full enjoyment for this to be more than a game, but a real world where you go and be fully immersed.

1 Like

Imagine being so delusional that you think the Pats aren’t the biggest cheaters in the NFL.

6 Likes

an indicator of what? A Blizzard employee contacted Esfand when it happened and told him his guild was fine to clear the raid again.

1 Like

My Definition of Layering, seems legit:

“The ability to potentially respawn any mob, ore, herb, skin, chest, or other world resource instantly, anywhere in Azeroth.”

8 Likes

It wasn’t an exploit, everyone layers in the world to avoid pvp and farm extra nodes or mobs, yet no one cares.

But suddenly people are layering in a way you can’t, and suddenly its an exploit.

Well I think ALL layer exploiters should be banned, not just the dungeon layer exploiters.

Ban the people who layer all day long to avoid pvp, ban the people who layer all day long in winterspring to farm extra black lotus herbs.

Layering is a scuffed, horrible flawed system since the beginning, its just that you are now seeing it abused to the extreme here, but be aware there is a huge majorit of players layer exploiting since launch.

Have you ever asked for a layer hop?

8 Likes

shut up you havnt even experienced the game

No, no I haven’t.

Stop apologizing for exploiters.

6 Likes

I have a level 60 mage and my guild was oceanic first ragnaros kill moron, killed ony twice now, would you like me to switch over to my main to post?

1 Like

There is a massive difference in my opinion in layering in open world vs inside a dungeon where you can simply farm endgame bosses where it takes hours to sometimes clear to and if you can’t see the difference in that I can’t help you.

3 Likes

LOL No wonder you’re making all these layering excuses, you’re part of the probelm and you’re hiding on a alt to not be noticed. enjoy your ban kiddo

12 Likes

So… you were probably among that group of people.

Now I understanding your defending this.

Makes sense.

8 Likes

One employee does not decide the position of the entire company unfortunately. That’s why I’m interested the ex-dev Esfand pulled into his discord vs. KJ (another ex-dev) are completely different.

If the exploit was abused, all I’m conveying is that they should have the same punishment as other players. Period. Not asking for perma bans, but if one player gets a 3 day ban so should everyone else.

I’m interested to see what’s going to happen. If no exploit occurred for any particular streamer, whatever. I just hope that players are treated equally in this situation.

Are you asking me if I would want to? Yes! 30 day bans for layer hoppers and permanent bans for the instance exploiters.

Easy.

everyone

Not I. Plenty of people with internal ethical codes that isn’t reliant upon what others are doing nor looking to cheat at every opportunity.

6 Likes

Exploitation is exploitation, there is no difference, everyone that layer hops for a personal gain is ruining the game.

4 Likes

Yes there is no help for you I understand that now

1 Like