Fix Cross-realm grouping

So I just watched Asmongold… the horror I know, and apparently players have discovered that you can whisper people from other servers and group with them in dungeons and raids. You can even summon people to your server from other servers. I know Cross Realm BGs were a thing in BC, but not cross realm dungeons/raids. This needs to be fixed.

Blizzard Must Be Trolling! Classic TBC New Surprise: Crossrealm Grouping - YouTube

1 Like

It’s already being worked on, its not intended.

2 Likes

This will be the nail in the coffin for me playing classic if implemented. I really don’t feel alone with this sentiment, either. Don’t give them an inch. We already got level 58 boosts and some weird mount.

Contained servers are a key component of what makes classic what it is… for me, at least. What they say now does not dictate how they may act in the future, but I’m glad the intention is not to derail. I think its fair for me to be skeptical of Blizzard after the wild ride since 2005.

2 Likes

Okay good, I dunno how I’d feel about it if they decided BC needed cross realm groups

1 Like

Well, there’s not even an LFG tool in the game right now like there is supposed to be, so it’s not even that useful atm.

/4 man, that’s your LFG tool.

I use ClassicLFG, that channel moves too fast.

There’s a reason in was made not server wide in TBC, its mostly just spam.

I still wonder why there isn’t a LFG tool here but others said it was in beta?

if you’re talking about the LFG like in retail where you can just queue for a dungeon and it makes the group for you, that wasn’t actually added until mid-late Wrath.

Pretty sure its fixed.

No, this LFG tool

What you’re talking about is the LFD tool.

1 Like

Oh that, I forgot that was even a thing. Probably because I never used it.

They removed the lfspam channel to put it in, it was used a lot on my server

no see what was not intended was people to discover this. There is no way this was a “bug” that actually caused cross server grouping. No way that is possible without them working on it behind the scenes.

Yes bugs happen but for a bug of this magnitude to happen… yea right. A cross server grouping thing is something that needs to be coded and implemented, there is literally no way this happened on accident.

Like I said what wasn’t intended was this to be found out. Cross server lfg is coming. And I will quit the day it does.

1 Like

Almost like…in Classic Era? In a code base built on Retail?

The client was definitely ready for release, and wasn’t rushed out by the suits trying to bolster the Q2 numbers, or to drown out other mmos that were having betas or expansion releases.

Why?

Do people on other realms have cooties?

Yes. They also smell funny.

1 Like

nope it wasn’t built on the retail code. don’t you remember blizz saying one of the reasons they never did classic was because they lost the original code? if not look it up. part of the reason they brought in the people that created that popular private server.

They said at the WoW Classic Panel at Blizzcon 2018 that Classic WoW was being built on the 7.3.5 code

Yes and then when they started on classic they found an old back up of classic wow as it was in 1.12 in their off-site storage for their backups.