Fix Battleground Role Matchmaking

I don’t know why I have to type this, this game is over 15 years old and we can’t even have a proper matchmaking to team layouts. I’m so sick of having 10 or 15 Dps against a team with 4 healers. This change would probably take a 10h workday to implement into the game and would drastically improve the pvp experience for new players and existing players.

(we wouldn’t mind waiting in a sort of a lobby until team positions are filled and ready, the bg experience sucks, I shouldn’t have to pop into an instance wondering if it’s a loss before it even starts)

FFS you’re the people who made overwatch, I’m sure you’re very familiar with proper matchmaking. The neglect for the pvp community over the last few years has been DISGUSTING. Also get the 120s out of leveling bg’s I shouldn’t be playing against demon hunters at lvl 50.

This game has never been and will never be balanced around low level PvP interactions. Max level role matchmaking is perfectly reasonable.

This doesn’t change at 120.

100% it does. Even had an eots with only one healer each side. Usually 15 mans would be 2-3 healers.

1 Like

I mean, I’m not going to sit here and argue. I guess I could play a couple games and just post screenshots, but this would lead to a ‘well that’s not my experience’ argument and that just won’t go anywhere.

:woman_shrugging:

There was a patch in BFA where the healer cap was pre-emptively removed to make up for a predicted/statistical loss in Battleground population/participation with the removal of XPoff characters.
Lower brackets.

I have ss’s of the last 20 Bgs I did the last couple nights. One bg was off by one healer, rest were exactly matched.

Have to agree that most of the time at 120 is decently matched, although anomalies do occur like when dps decides to queue as healz. lol.
Silly rabbits ! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Currently in an EOTs game that started 12 v 15, 1 heals to 3.

Sadly sometimes people don’t take the queue. I suppose blizz’s view is that going ahead with the match anyways is the lesser of two evils. Debatable to be sure…

1 Like

That would be people not accepting the queue.

That would be incompetence and indifference by B grade developers who should be in the dole queue.

1 Like

Or people should accept their queues. Or leave them if they don’t intend to join.

There’s always going to be a certain % of people who do not accept queues.

Blizzard has access to this data. It is laziness or incompetence that stops them from accounting for this.

Not really. It’s on players to accept the queue.

There’s plenty of obvious examples of times when it is not the players fault they didn’t accept the queue.

Regardless, a certain % of players do not accept queues. Blizzard knows this. It’s on Blizzard to account for it. Stop victim blaming.

No it’s really not. They have the players lined up. When everyone accepts the queue, healer balance is 99% accurate.

Incorrect, you can be in full BGs with wildly unbalanced healers.

Yea because the healers lined up didn’t accept the queue. That’s the 1% though.

We interrupt this thread with a special announcement.

1 Like