Fist of Justice Hotfix

So is it now no longer dangerous to go alone?

1 Like

Is it considered a bug if it’s been in the patch since DAY 1?!..

2 Likes

Fair point. I should have said they identify some things as outliers but let others continue rampant. A dps stacking GW was a problem but tanks stacking TD isn’t a problem. The tank might hit you for 400k or more but that’s not a problem that needs fixing.

Haste stacking isn’t a problem, mastery stacking isn’t a problem, we’ll have to see if Severe stacking is a problem or not. Any of these corruptions stacked becomes a problem but they only seem to identify one of every 3 as something that needs to be fixed.

Its a shame they view it as a bug, because after 5 months of it being this way some of us have made commitments to things.

I am using the comment “shame” instead of the comment “This is unacceptable.”

10 Likes

The power of this corruption has been there for months, and now they want nerf it after ppl spent time to get them. Are you joking? It is a robbery for all players

3 Likes

This is what the MW monks said as well when they nerfed our haste build. Now look at monks, 20% lower healing than every other class. At the time of our OP moment, people had spent millions of gold on haste corruptions. Didn’t see any of you people sticking up for healing monks. Nerf feels good after spending loads of currency to get a unique build going. :innocent:

Most of Bfa is plagued with oversights tbh.

1 Like

Pls don’t kill my spec

They definitely should have cared about balance of corruptions from day 1 rather than ignoring it since only a small number of players were actually able to take advantage of it.

Balance by rarity is not balance.

Hoping the vendor rotation goes away and the echo drops are better outside of a few good sources after they’re done making changes. Maybe they should also give a decent chunk of your echoes back if you scrap corrupted gear as well so people who want to change builds, particularly after changes/nerfs can do so more easily? Also, maybe make removing corruptions via mementos give a decent chunk of echoes back or a smaller amount of echoes for naturally corrupted gear?

2 Likes

Got it.
You considered it an unannounced feature and you took advantage of it and it’s now being nerfed which is “a shame”.

Essentially, yes. To give an example, the way IT works is similar to the “speed up time” mechanics we’ve seen in the past. So if you have a lot of IT and it procs, it actually reduces the current cooldown of your abilities. Holy Word: Serenity has a 1 minute CD, but during an IT proc, it is set at much lower CD (let’s say 30s). However, casting Heal/Flash Heal still reduces the CD time by 6s per cast, so if you cast 5 flash heals during the proc, the Holy Word finishes it’s CD and is usable again after <10s and 5 casts. This also applies to Holy Word: Salvation, where casting a Holy Word while Salv is on CD reduces the CD significantly.

But again, this has been the behavior for the last 5 months the corruption has existed and people had been utilizing it as such. It’s just more prominent now that we can reliably reach very high IT levels, and Blizzard has effectively altered their definition of how it is intended to work after being silent about it for the last 5 months of live content + PTR.

2 copper says this wasn’t a bug but you guys overlooked it and are now nerfing it :rofl: :rofl:

Or the fact that feature had been in the game for so long that we saw it as part of the actual affix of the corruption. Otherwise why didn’t anyone say anything about it till now?

2 Likes

Nerfing gushing while leaving verse amp as is is gonna make live ladder games a dampening fiesta. Please give some serious thoughts into this.

the absolute state of this game

What functional reason is there for that corruption to exist as it does if not to interact with CDR abilities? By this I mean- why is it not just “chance to reduce cooldowns by X seconds”? If that is all it was intended to do, why the seemingly pointless complexity?

4 Likes

What is actually going to be reduced? Just HOJ? Just abilities with CD reduction already built in?

Is my entire holy build going to be ruined? Are you going to reimburse the 6 pieces worth of echos I just bought like 4 days ago?

4 Likes

Ah…Somebody gets it.

1 Like

These “fixes” bode well for Shadowlands and Covenants…

3 Likes

It’s almost like corruptions were a bad, broken idea. It’s a shame no one said something before they made it to the live game…oh wait.

6 Likes