Fist of Justice Hotfix

Yeah, like much of BFA they utterly failed at doing a simple balance and testing process upon them. I am so glad we will be shedding these going into SLs but it does make me concerned over the covenant abilities. I sure hope they take into account how that system is going to work and do a good job balancing them.

1 Like

They can’t. There’s no way to balance them when some are utility, and others are dps abilities.

If only there was a ptr/beta/tournament server to help them piecemeal balance corruptions before it reached the main population.

2 Likes

Well they could give each covenant a DPS and utility, making sure each option is balanced across the covenants and then let us decide which of the two we would like to use.

imagine using spell reflect

They gave reasons because there existed a reality that if it played out it, your heals would never fall off and grow exponentially. That would negatively impact people that choose to play the other healers. Aka you would crowd out others from being able to play (which we see now on Classic with warriors, but that is a broken game played at times by cooked people).

People dumping the spec as recently show on the wowhead post for parses, just shows that people heavily dumped their stock in MW causing it to bottom out. Placing the spec in a spot worse off in usage than what it was in January to March.

And now look at monks, 1350+ to find the first monk healer on maut when it comes to rankings. Boy that nerf sure worked out great. Maybe this nerf will bring the other healers more inline with monks?? Probably not

How players think Blizzard responds to PTR/Beta feedback:

How Blizzard actually handles feeback from PTR/Beta:

11 Likes

Honestly, why waste the resources trying to fix or balance BFA at this point? Put it all on Shadowlands because BFA was trash even picture up there from Mokrawr is enough said. At this point everyone is coming up with crazy bs with corruption effects, there no point in fixing it because it will be removed going into shadowlands.

People were joking about how garbage shadow and hunters were going to be going into ny’alotha. Look at how that turned out? Stellar specs/classes in the raid.

Stuff happens and not everyone’s response to a situation is going to be the same for all specs when reflecting nerfs (or guesstimated future low performance).

Side note tangent:
I don’t see this impacting holy pally alot, but as people mentioned the cd reduction for holy priest abilities works just like fist of justice for pally. That is not looking good if they depended upon IT. But to be honest throughout the life of BFA has there really been any reason to play holy vs disc? Cause listening to Max from limit last night there was really big big problem in their progression on ghuun that their top healer was stating they needed a lot of pulls on disc to learn how to play it vs holy. Turns out the spec ended up playing better and didn’t need that many pulls to get right. Which played a part into them losing the world first kill. Which brings me to another point. Holy priest is not desirable in M+ either. And ultimately holy’s problem is that disc exists. Being able to contribute damage is becoming a more apparent need for healers over the years, same for tanks. Which is why TD is so heavily used. In short it’s a player problem.

I only knew about it because I watched a bfa pvp meme video a couple days ago. I think the video was posted 2 weeks ago though.

What an interesting way to say you are nerfing ineffable truth call it a “bug fix”.

2 Likes

The first monk to appear at 1350+ on rankings out of 6 healers for a fight is totally unacceptable. Everyone should know that. Other fights are not much better as well unless you wanna include wrathion. Wrathion is a boring lackluster fight to heal which is why. Seriously, this is pathetic to have 1 of 6 healers be so under performing to a point that 1350 of the other 5 healers are above them for rankings. That is sad and all because blizzard couldn’t be bothered to look at monks while they nerfed them due to a corruption “oversight”. Our nerf was so biased against monks it wasn’t even funny. No they couldn’t cap our Enveloping Mists like glimmer, we had a straight up kick to the nutz nerf.

You see this? https://www.twitch.tv/persidius/clip/EphemeralFancyLemurPipeHype?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

Yeah obviously at this level it is broken but IT shouldn’t be nerfed to be close to glimpse of clarity.

But unironically if they want to allow destro and fire mage to be as they are, they should give more OP things to other specs.

Best comment of 2020 goes to the pink gnome. Winner.

I didn’t know, good on Blizzard for fixing an error on their part. Kudos.

Yeah that’s the one I saw, but it had cdew reacting to it. That clip was posted May 20th, so it’s been like this for at least a week.

Dang that was 8 days ago, feels like 4.

1 Like

Quarantine time :frowning:

It’s been like this for 5+ months, they’re just now deciding it’s a bug since people can stack it reliably.

3 Likes