Fishing is great

Fishing in wow was something I though was corny until I tried it, Its now one of the reasons I still play. Plus I need the one ring to rule them all. What are your fishing goals in wow? one ring? 5 rings? You want to catch them all?

3 Likes

Really? I find it so boring.

1 Like

I thought so too until I actively tried it when I was leveling an alt.

I don’t mind it if I’m fishing for cooking mats, dailies or cool stuff like Mr. Pinchy, but levelling it up is so tedious. I think I’m at like 200 now on my main, ugh.

1 Like

Oh yea leveling it up all the way is a chore, On my alt it was relatively easy since I leveled it as I did, still haven’t found the one ring tho and the epic meme turtle mount :l

Fishing is a very chill way to make gold, it’s how I mainly made mine in Classic and TBC. Now I just flip because I prefer the pool to pool fishing rather than the sit at one spot kind, don’t really wanna stay in Wintergrasp fishing up feast mats for hours. I liked getting the Scroll Cases and Mithril Trunks in TBC and Classic, made it much more enjoyable.

Wrath really cut back on the fishing rewards… a chance to get a crate that contains Cobalt Ore, Frostweave Cloth and Borean Leather Scraps… yeah real exciting.

3 Likes

The crates were a bummer, the fishing daily is nice, I do like that we can find a mount. They should more fishing related things.

1 Like

I remember so many fishing things I did back in Wrath originally, like the turtle mount and the dark herring.

Good times.

/moo :cow:

Fish up Ashbringer.

1 Like

I finished all of the fishing achievements first month of WotLK… I wish there were more.

Yeah, WotLK started the 26th of September and the final fishing achievement I got was on the 11th of October… So like 2 and a half weeks.

1 Like

Just put on some album you haven’t listened too for some time and chill.

1 Like

I hate fishing so much.

1 Like

Oh yea, nothing like slapping people with a fish in pvp/

I wish this was possible.

Woah, you cranked that out quick, yup I wish there was more fishing stuff.

2 Likes

Won’t stop doing the daily until I get a turtle.

I have noticed that fishing tournaments really bring out the scumsuckers. If you are PvP, roving bands of people aren’t fishing kill you for fun. On PvE, people use their mammoth mounts to prevent you from looting a node and saving it for their boxed character who inevitably wins the tournament.

It was nice when people still queue’d arena more actively. No way I’m gonna sit around just fishing though. It’s a relaxing thing to do in between queues. I guess it’ll be making a comeback once RDF gets added. Pygmy suckerfish are going through the roof right now.

If you can find an area that limits how far your bobber is cast (for example: https://files.catbox.moe/2wivcn.jpg) you can use the better fishing addon to interact with the fishing bobber, regardless of someone being in the way. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/better-fishing

They added the “Interact with Target” feature to WotLK, but limited the distance it can interact to less than the max range of a fishing bobber. So as long as you make sure land limits how far the bobber can go, you can do some one button fishing.

There wasn’t really much for me to do, I won the STV fishing tourny in Classic, Fished way more than 1,000 fish, had track fish, already obtained Mr. Pinchy in TBC.

Completed the Lurker Above, Deadliest Catch, The Scavanger, Outland Angler, Old Ironjaw/Crafty and The Fishing Diplomat in the pre-patch

All that left were the coins (which I completed in under 2 hours), Fishing up the rat, Fishing up a rare off-hand (The One That Didn’t Get Away), Northrend Angler, fishing up the turtle and doing every fishing daily once.

Only things I really care about profession wise in Classic are Fishing and Alchemy.

Yea, I’ve noticed. sucks major booty.

Been trying to get this meme turtle for a while.