First of the Illidari removed as pvp talent

Looks like now we have to choose between it and demonic as a talent (on beta, at least). Not a fan. Those two talents complement each other way too well to be separate by a node choice. Obviously our damage was a bit out of hand, but idk if this was the answer over just some tuning.

1 Like

It’s a trade off node.

You can have frequent, but shorter power windows through demonic along with baseline Meta, or you can shorten the Cooldown with added +vers.

It’s just a decision between the two. You don’t get to have both.

Re-read my post. We DID get to have both prior to this build via a pvp talent that was unfortunately just removed.

And you’ll note from my response, I have not argued that…

As it is now in pre-patch, it is a choice between the two.

You’ll just have to choose, and no longer have access to both.

1 Like

No it’s not. I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall.

As it is now in pre-patch, you can get both abilities. You can take the demonic talent and the First of the Illidari pvp talent at the same time.

That is no longer an option on the beta. If it goes live, it’s a pretty massive change. Assuming we take the demonic talent, it effectively nerfs our burst damage by 10% and increases our meta cd by a minute.

Of all the incredibly dumb things to cry about on the forum, this might be the dumbest. If you can build to a higher meta uptime then the class will be balanced around you doing precisely that. What will be a personal preference for you will be mandatory for everyone else because we’ll be severely underpowered if we don’t combo First/Demonic.

This is like the Momentum discourse but somehow even more boneheaded.

3 Likes

Nobody’s crying. I was just surprised that a massive unannounced nerf like this just wasn’t being talked about at all and figured I’d mention it. But I didn’t realize that people on the dh forums apparently just don’t like talking about big dh changes. So that’s on me, I guess.

Those of us actively keeping up on the Alpha/Beta were aware this was going to occur months ago.

With the large majority not engaging in PvP, this reduction in power wasn’t really at the core of discussions. Primarily the discussion was around PvE and how First isn’t nearly equal to Demonic.

3 Likes

Why would you be surprised First/Demonic isn’t going to be viable? They already share a choice node. The fact that one has persisted as a PvP talent in spite of this should be indication enough that that’s an oversight. Nevermind how broken an excessively high meta uptime DH build would be.

I can’t understand why anyone would be surprised by this - especially given how well DH is performing regardless.

2 Likes

I assumed it too. But the months went by, and it never went away. At this point, literally all our impressions about how dh performs in pvp on live and on the beta are based on this talent. So its removal, surprising or not, is a pretty massive deal. One that almost nobody knows just happened.

I’m not surprised. In the same way I won’t be surprised when they eventually gut/overhaul fodder to the flame. But it’ll still be a big deal and people should know if/when it happens. You’re 100% right that this discourse is pretty boneheaded. Why you being so annoying with these dumb responses?

Clearly coming to the dh forums to tell people about it was a mistake. For some reason the only people responding to a thread about dh pvp talents are people who don’t pvp on dh.

this sucks bc that’s a really nice pvp talent. At least we don’t have to take mortal dance anymore. Woulda been sweet to be able to run Reverse, First of Ill, and Chaotic Imprint baseline

this is prob bc of the complaining about our dmg pre-patch

1 Like

bc it’s an annoying, dumb thread!

Again, you’re complaining about not being able to double up talents on a choice node. If anything you should be relieved they’re being attentive to design consistency.

1 Like

No. I was making a comment on the removal of a pvp talent. One that didn’t get announced and that nobody knew about. Then a couple trolls who don’t pvp came and don’t care about the topic of a thread came in trying to hijack it and explain things literally nobody was confused about.

You’re getting trolled because you’re not using common sense. Why would they maintain two instances of a talent for both PvP and the class/spec trees? This was announced with the introduction of those trees and everybody (except apparently you) knew about it because it wouldn’t make sense to let you pick a talent twice.

1 Like

No. I’m getting trolled because your a miserable little brat who seems to enjoy pestering people.

Why would they maintain two instances of a talent for both PvP and the class/spec trees?

I don’t know, I don’t work at Blizzard. I don’t know why they did it in the past, I don’t know why they’re doing it right now in prepatch, and I don’t know why they may or may not do it in the future. And I don’t really care. That wasn’t the point of this thread.

This was announced with the introduction of those trees and everybody (except apparently you) knew about it because it wouldn’t make sense to let you pick a talent twice.

Plenty of people I’ve spoken to on live didn’t about this change. We’ve had this pvp talent for literally all of prepatch and all of beta. Of course it’s news-worthy when they removed it. Quit trying to be some annoying cynical knowitall.

And yet it’s happened before and it’s literally happening right now on live.

1 Like

It seems like you understand this is an oversight, that there have been oversights in the past and you anticipate oversights in the future, yet you experience a strange cognitive dissonance where you feel the oversights should remain in place, so much so that you’ve made a forum post to agitate for it.

2 Likes

No. I’m referring to the past times where Blizzard intentionally allowed a pvp talent to literally just be “grant x talent” or where they had gear that literally just gave talents/pvp talents.

This is what I mean when I call you a miserable troll. For the 10th time in this thread, you’re intentionally misrepresenting what I’m saying because you’re just so desperate to have something to disagree with. It’s pathetic.

I made this forum post because there was just an unannounced 10% nerf to dh pvp damage and I felt like people should know. As I already explained 20 times.

I happened to give my thoughts on the change, but apparently that was a mistake because it opened the door for a nosy weirdo who doesn’t even pvp to come in and try to explain things nobody was confused about, criticize people who aren’t able to omnisciently predict exactly how/when nerfs happen, and claim that bypassing talent choices via other systems is just an impossible design choice when that’s just objectively not the case.

1 Like

You’ve just assumed oversight without taking into account what is intended on the beta.

You want announcements?

Take the very clear information that is on the Beta.

A whole 10% nerf you say!
Crikey!!!

Again, it’s common knowledge what is happening on beta/pre-patch.

If you’re out of the loop and only just figured it out now, that’s on you…

You know, for all this talk of being “desperate to have something to disagree with” this is quite the back-bending you’re doing here. I think you know that it would be incoherent design to let you take First of the Illidari twice, you just don’t want to accept you’ve come stumbling into the forums on autopilot with your mouth wide open desperate for the devs (who aren’t reading any of this nonsense btw) to shovel in yet more treats.

Well now you’re gonna have dirt shovelled in, and you’ve got no one to blame but yourself!

Loathe as I am to address lazy ad hominem like this, but I managed to push 1900 in SL s1 and 2 so I think I know a little about what DH does in pvp i.e. at no point was Demonic Origins ever a competitive PvP talent, and going by what’s happening with the AMN/Soulrend drama in pre-patch ( which I admittedly don’t care to participate in, I had enough fun making people mad with Souldrinker in Korrak’s Revenge, once you’ve milked one broken PvP system you’ve milked them all) you’re not even talking about the “current” “meta.”

Are you really trying to tell me there’s some viable CoH/Demonic build that out-performs Chaotic Imprint/Soulrend on Beta (which is the only possible context any of this gibberish you’re hankering for could be relevant) or… again, could it be, you’ve just had an automatic gag reflex to what isn’t anything more significant than a design kink being ironed out?

1 Like

OP came with a grievance and just wanted to discuss and air it out, and perhaps build to a discussion - in a videogame forum built for discussion and feedback - like a normal, well-adjusted concerned player would and should.

But then, Megatroll steamrolls in just harassing them, dismissing their concerns, poking fun at them AND being wilfully obtuse.

Megatroll needs to stop harassing other players and learn tobrespect other people’s opinions, and stop disguising their ‘git gud’ response with their air of superiority and word salad.

People are allowed to have opinions and complaints thst differ from your own. Stop putting down other players, Megatroll.