First of the Illidari removed as pvp talent

And people are allowed to disagree with those opinions.

Of course. Disagree with whomever you want, over whatever you want.

But belittling someone for their opinions is not acceptable.

Dismissing others with what amounts ultimately to ‘git gud, l2p’ as one’s only argument brings nothing constructive at all to the discussion.

Megatroll’s responses are laced with insults and gaslightning towards OP. They dont understand the definition of cognitive dissonance. They pull out the ad hominem card, but the irony of their own ad hominem is lost on them. And then they push forward a giant fat strawman rebuttal - lol like what?

The OP is arguing information that has been available on the Beta, and assuming a player could (for some reason) have access to a PvP talent that has been moved in the beta.

Likewise, we have the OP being argumentative which does not promote sensitivity toward them:

If they’re unhappy about hostile discussion on information that has been on Beta for some time,

Did you notice that the moment I try to derail his whining with an actual point about the Havoc DH PvP meta he doesn’t have anything to say? That’s because this whole thread has been done in bad faith.

White knight all you want but complaining that you can’t take First of the Illidari twice is an absolutely absurd point that doesn’t warrant any serious consideration from the devs or from the locusts in the forums. If you don’t see the absurdity in that then that’s one thing, but otherwise I’ve got to assume this poster’s morality routine that you’re doing is also being done in bad faith.

1 Like

They wouldn’t stack, what OP is trying to say is that we would always take demonic, then pick short meta in PvP cause it’s always been a PvP talent. But now it’s not and we still have to choose between demonic or short meta.

But at OP we used to only take short meta cause the 4PC tier bonus. I would still run imprint/reverse/incap

Oh I realise what he’s trying to say, he’s mad he can’t benefit from a pre-patch exploit, which is what you’ve just described. I’m deliberately raising the dumb, redundant option of having First remain as a PvP talent to make as clear as possible this shouldn’t have been in the game and everyone with a lick of common sense should’ve anticipated its removal.

1 Like

It’s not a pre patch exploit when we were able to double dip on these talents all of SL.

It became an exploit the minute they implemented First and Demonic on a choice node. You should have been able to intuit from this that the talents were intended to be mutually exclusive. If you believed you were playing with Demonic from the Demonic/First choice node and First from a PvP talent, as though that was an intended continuation of what you would’ve done in SL, then that’s on you.

this is a HUGE pvp nerf

I think you missed the point of that post.

That said though I would actually be interested to hear from anyone who pushed rating in SL past 2100 whether or not they actually used Demonic Origins at the expense of any of cleansed/mortal dance/reverse/chaotic imprint/detainment and why. I suspect this change is being mourned exclusively by casual players, at least going by the quality of responses here.

1 Like

I miss 2 min cd on meta, they could nerf chaos strike instead.

I really don’t get how you can possibly argue that using a pvp talent that’s been in the game for years is somehow an exploit.

What are you talking about? Essence break is looking to be super viable, especially with our new tier sets.

tapping sign

EssB isn’t mutually exclusive with AMN, you can easily go into both. In fact if you don’t go into CoH you can time EB, and Demonic if you talent into it, to sync up with EssB. Seems like there’s every reason to play AMN Chaotic Imprint and stack mastery for a PvP build. I guess time will tell on that tho…

More to the point, it seems like we still have a whole host of options for advantage in PvP. Is it really so important that we had one more with First? Again, still waiting to hear from anyone who pushed 2100 in SL that took Demonic Origins…

I used it S3 and S4 due to tier sets. Our meta was up every 1.5 min average. Along with incap and reverse. Would swap out of short meta into glimpse vs rmp.

No. As has been said 1000 times in this thread, it’s not that important. It’s just a bit disappointing

Literally every single dh that played rbgs.

I never saw it on murlok[.]io for the time I was pushing rating, admittedly not s3 or s4. So more like literally not a single DH played it until it had borrowed power to compliment. In this same post you’ve said “not that important” so I think we’ve successfully found the substance of the issue. Good job everyone!

It’s been amazing in BGs for the entirety of its existence. It’s arguably the best open-world pvp talent out there, regardless of borrowed power. And it’s completely viable in arena to climb to 2100 (because every talent/spec/build in the game is viable up to 2100). I personally liked used it in some matchups/comps. Will you quit trying to gaslight by pretending like nobody ever used it just to further your completely insane notion that using it now is an exploit?

It’s effectively a 10% versatility nerf and an increase in meta’s cooldown. They didn’t announce it in any of the beta changelogs, so yeah I figured it was important enough to make a thread telling people and maybe discussing it with my fellow dh. Because, while it’s not a massive deal for the game as a whole, I’d say it is a pretty important change for us.

You clearly feel differently, considering all your posts on this thread are just you being a spiteful, obnoxious troll, belittling everyone who didn’t know about the change and insulting anyone who dares to think that continuing to have access to the pvp talent would be cool. At this point, I’d say you probably care more about this change than I do.

I remember what I saw on murlokio. Top three choices by highest consistency were reverse, chaotic imprint and mortal dance. You’re the one gaslighting. It’d be one thing if you were mourning the loss of a pet build, but trying to act like everyone was playing this talent when they weren’t - especially after you’ve tried to gatekeep my right to talk on PvP development - is just sad to behold.

Have you not noticed the only responses to this thread are maybe one other confused guy and me razzing you? That’s because every other DH who saw them move Demonic Origins to the class tree assumed that meant it was being moved, not copied. Why would they copy it? It doesn’t make any sense. I think it’s time you took the L on this one and moved on.

And I’m telling you what you would have known if you actually played the game.

Bro I literally played the talent all the time in arena (especially when messing around with the venthyr build), and every single time I did open world questing/pvp. And every single dh, myself included, played it in every single rbg match up on the climb to 2100. Yet you’re trying to tell me that literally nobody ever played it and that I’m gaslighting you by telling you that I did. And that anyone who continues to use a pvp talent that’s been in the game for years is an exploiter.

You’re wrong . You’re gaslighting. And you need to stop assuming you’re the authority on dh builds just because you looked on murlokio a couple times.

Literally nobody is gatekeeping your right to talk on your right to talk on pvp development. But you haven’t been. You’ve just been insulting other people who do want to talk about it with nonsense like

and

That isn’t discussion about pvp development. It’s just you being rude.

And then they left a talent that we presumably weren’t meant to have on the game for over a month. So a lot of people obviously weren’t entirely sure what was going on with it or if/when this change would happen. I talked to a dozen people before I made this post that had no idea about this. So I figured I’d make a post about it to let other people without beta access know know it just happened .

The fact that the thread is now filled with you insulting and belittling people who didn’t immediately predict this change or who care to know when it would be implemented isn’t something to be proud of. You should be disgusted with yourself. Why are you so set on being so rude to people who like to know what’s going on with their class and aren’t magically able to be 100% sure of blizzards intentions with stuff like this?

Brother just ignore him, he doesn’t know much about PvP.

1 Like