First mount that really made you proud?

I remember my guild running lowly noob me through the raid below Wyrmrest for the twilight drake during cata and i was so proud of that mount for the longest time.

4 Likes

I got the Blue Drake from my first Oculus run, out of the bag.

I kinda didn’t know the importance of mount drops, so I was like “huh”?
My friend was freaking out that I got it. After she explained, I was excited too.

2 Likes

Swift White Hawkstrider.

How many times did I listen to Kael’s speech? Too many.

10 Likes

Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher, one of the first horde guilds on lightbringer to get it

3 Likes

My feldrake! I worked very hard grinding mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms back in MoP to get the drake for 175k. It took me a couple of months and is still my favorite mount.

5 Likes

Made me proud? Not a single one.

I’ve had a few chuckles over the years when getting some of the rare mounts on first try however. Rng is always going to be rng and never really saw a reason to farm for something. Except one time. I really wanted mimirons head for whatever reason. Killed the boss exactly 99 times when it dropped.

Did I feel proud or a sense of accomplishment? No. I only felt like I’ve wasted a lot time for nothing. But hey, at least I got to feel like one of you for a moment.

2 Likes

Raven Lord. It was my first “rare” mount. The first mount I actually went after and it dropped.

Edit: I thought it was a flying mount :smiley:

3 Likes

You and me both. I got it randomly one day when I was just going through the dungeons for “fun”.

1 Like

Invincible.

96 attempts, and I was really done by that point. I feel for those still grinding a lot higher then I had to.

2 Likes

Winterspring Frostsaber, back in Classic.

6 Likes

oh man this brings back a sour memory. somebody on their 73 asked me to run them through sethekk for the mount and i agreed out of boredom, assuming it wouldn’t drop (i had been farming it forever myself) and behold, it dropped. being the pushover that i am i didn’t roll on it, a deal was a deal. after we left the instance they mounted on it and were disappointed that it couldn’t fly, so many regrets. i haven’t stepped foot in that dungeon since

2 Likes

for a mount. My level AV 40 wolf mount. took me a long time to save up gold for it and get rep for it. I also have a few others. But she in top 4. I love wolf mounts. can not say why.

4 Likes

It was definitely Ashes. that was the first raid mount i received

3 Likes

i had the exact same experience lmao

and i really like the raven lord too. he was my very first mount drop ever, and on my second run too

1 Like

But really…I got the Infinite Timereaver last TW. I have no doubt that will be my rarest mount forever and was stunned when it dropped. I’m always popping it and flaring those beautiful, translucent wings :smiley:

1 Like

My original ZA Amani War Bear. I was not in a server first guild back then, but we raided four nights a week and took it seriously. That timer was initially tough and I was the first guildie to win the roll.

For some reason, Blizz changed the mount in BfA, by switching it to the new bear model and removing the flames from the armor. It doesn’t look as good because the new bear model clips with the mount’s armor a lot. But it’s still the only ground mount I ever ride to this day.

5 Likes

This will sound lame but getting a non-racial mount because I disliked Hawkstriders so much. I had to hand in what felt like 5,000 Runecloth to that one rep NPC back in Wrath just for access to the UD horses.

Since then I’ve gotten pretty awesome RNG mounts like the Infinite Timereaver and currency mounts like the Sunreaver Dragonhawk that make the above pale in comparison.

2 Likes

I’m very fond of my engineering creations. But I am not sure if proud is the right term.

I did feel very good to finally grind the rep for my Netherdrake and even after mounts became ‘shared’ my tendency is to only let my two characters that actually earned one to ride one.

After grinding the quest chain to get Shadowmourne, and not getting Invincible, I was surprised when I got it on ‘accident’ when I did the quest for one of the DK’s hidden appearances and decided to finish Ice Crown. I was so lackadaisical about it that I didn’t even notice until a few days later “Hey! That’s Invincible in your bag!”

2 Likes

My dreadsteed. I worked so hard earning the gold, and doing the questline for the mount. I was so happy when I got it. I have invincible, I have the hh mount but nothing compares to when I got my dreadsteed.

3 Likes

Getting the Mag’har mountain goat mounts. Took forever to grind the rep to exalted, then I bought the purple goat and rode off.

3 Likes