First mount that really made you proud?

Black War Tiger, back in vanilla when they were hard to get.

2 Likes

Red Proto Drake, and its not even close. Its still the mount Iā€™m proudest of. Got it the day before they nerfed The Oculus. The achievements in there were ridiculous, before they changed how that dungeon worked.

1 Like

My Black War Tiger. Itā€™s the first mount that I ever went for, and it was a grind back then to get it. Hate that itā€™s gray now from when they ā€œupdatedā€ it; like how they changed my dwarf so badly and are now changing my hunter pets to look like things I would never have tamed.

The next mount is the Winterspring Frostsaber that I went for second, when it was the hardest rep grind for a mount in the game. (Before they nerfed the grind, and then later made it super easy to get.) Still love that mount.

1 Like

Same. The warbear was the very first mount that I loved and still use till this day. The design really withstood the test of time - never really felt too outdated.

I sort of understand why they updated it, but I love it and hate it at the same time. Itā€™s hard to pinpoint why, but itā€™s just the way it is, yā€™know?

1 Like

Halaa Black Talbuk. Halaa was so much fun in BC.

3 Likes

Corrupted Firehawk meta achievement in Firelands. Awesome mount. That was shortly followed by getting a bugged pureblood firehawk at the end of cata.

That purple coloration on the Cata war bear is so ugly imo. Really kept the old one valuable.

1 Like

Yep.

Iā€™ve never gotten that and I wonā€™t. It looks like it had itā€™s colors washed out.

1 Like

I was proud to get my first lvl 60 mount in vanilla ( Swift brown wolf ) for my Orc warrior at the time. Gathering the gold to buy it was the challenge.

3 Likes

Onyxian Drake on my rogue back when it was released, I got it like week 3 or 4ā€¦ people would whisper me every 5 minutes being like ā€œWurr u get thatā€ ? It was great.

This was me here. From the moment I saw the WotLK cinematic, with Sindragosa flying over head, I told my partner at the time that we HAD to get those as mounts in the expansion and it was all that I wanted. When I later saw smaller versions flying around the citadel well before the raid was released, I would hover on my non-wyvern mount just watching them and wishing it was a drop.

When I finally found out it was going to be a raid achievement gift, I had to have it and getting it was all I cared about . I still ride it on most of my characters today.

1 Like

Getting my Epic Paladin Mount.

I had to do the old quest series too, but it was such I pain I didnā€™t really feel proud, just sort of tired and wished I hadnā€™t put my friends through so much crap for something they couldnā€™t share.

And I donā€™t even really like the way it looks. All spikey. My warlock rides her Felsteed if I am not flying.

But back in the day, once I had it, I pretty much always volunteered to help any warlock trying to get theirs.

Because of what we had to do to earn it at the time.

1 Like

I just got Rivendareā€™s Deathcharger a few weeks ago. I was probably a little proud, but to tell the truth it was probably more along the lines of the most satisfy mount I have ever gotten. It was one of the fue mounts that I have on my to get list before I am mostly done just getting random mounts. There was a time I liked getting mounts but thereā€™s very little substance left in them in retail.

I plan on finishing up my Emerald drake, Argent tournament, and icc mounts before I stop actively farming mounts. After this I Probably wonā€™t put any real effort into mounts until classic comes out.

Why classic, because that is were mounts actually feel like something valuable rather than a line of code you have outside access to.

Proud? Interesting word. Iā€™d say the only time I was proud about a mount was when I got Reins of the Raven Lord on my 2nd run, and I was very proud of my lucky RNG.

1 Like

If Blizzard ever comes out with ICC legacy servers, the three ICC mounts will be the only mounts I want that expansion.

With the exception of Onyxia that is, and the argent dawn mounts. I literally remembered these ones right before I was going to submit.

Demon hunter class order mount. Was nice to have something nice, you worked for it and not have to pray the RNG gods favor you that day.

Thereā€™s only one mount in Ice Crown Citadel, thatā€™s Invincible.

Well this was my first toon, itā€™s always been my main. I worked hard to get it, my guild had two other warlocks so I didnā€™t need all the mats. Iā€™m sorry that it didnā€™t mean the same for you as it did for me, but you not liking it thankfully doesnā€™t diminish my joy or my memories of getting it.