First epic world drop

Stockade Pauldrons, dropped in western plaguelands. I had them until i got my might shoulders.

my hunter got her bow of searing arrows that she used for a long time… don’t remember what it dropped from though.

I remember my first world epic drop. I don’t remember the item. It was in ZF. I remember the exact NPC, but not the item. Strange how that works.

I got a Krol Blade farming Scourgestones in EPL. I don’t even think it drops out there anymore. Bought my epic mount selling that sucker.

Glowing Brightwood Staff off a Scorpid in Silithus when I was in late 50s. Sold for 800g and had enough for my epic mount at 60.

I also had wall of the dead. I remember getting it in either Scholo or Strat in a group run. The group decided that everyone should roll need and I won the roll. I sold it but I don’t recall for how much.

My first one was a Lifestone. On-use effect restored health and it had a passive that gave HP/5. It wasnt very good but it was nice to have a pocket heal. The cooldown was 30 minutes, but I dont believe it shared a cooldown with health potions. It was nice for leveling my Warrior for a quick heal when I needed one.

Lifestone, from Yetis in Winterspring, farming for the Pristine Yeti Horn. Talk about a ball buster. I was so sad it wasn’t the horn. Gave it away to some low level kid because I had literally no use for it.

However, 3 weeks later, doing UBR,S, I won Alcor’s Sunrazor, which I used to main tank Onyxia during our server first kill.

Glowing Brightwood Staff from a random furbolg in Felwood on this very character while leveling.

Lei of Lilies
Binds when equipped

Neck

+10 Stamina
+15 Spirit
Requires Level 46

Use: Conjures a Lily Root that restores health and mana when eaten (cooldown 1 hr)

Got this from a trash mob in BRD - my very first epic. Anyone remember this necklace?

Kang the Decapitator on my warrior. Don’t remember what mob I picked it up off of, but I do remember using it for quite a while.

Stockade Pauldrons off a Bear while grinding Timbermaw rep in Felwood.
Wall of the Dead off a random mob in Maraudon.

Both on my Warlock.

Had a Krol Blade drop off a random undead in EPL :money_mouth_face:. Happened a few weeks before BC launch so its value was greatly diminished :disappointed:

all my epic world drops came from raptors in STV.

Stockade Pauldrons

First epic I ever saw was in Strat. Elemental Mage Staff dropped. My brother and I immediately “grats’ed” the Mage, and passed - assuming, like good boys, that the Mage should get the staff. Then the Druid and Hunter (or Priest?) rolled, and the Druid won. We were pissed, and argued that the Mage should get it. Druid said “Nah”, and likely went on to sell it for pretty big gold.

That bad experience led to a Classic-long friendship with the Mage, invitation to his guild, and months of raid progress and friendship with some awesome people. Best possible outcome from what could have been a simple ninja.

1 Like

Zom’s Crackling Bulwark…so not till wrath :rofl:

1 Like

You would think that is something I’d never forget, but very likely it was some caster crap that I didn’t care about and sold on the AH. No offense casters…

I think the shield of the dead or wall of the dead or something? It dropped in BRD. I didn’t need it as a druid but it dropped. I have never looted a boe epic I could use.

On my first character Glowing Brightwood Staff dropped for me when I was level 58 in Silithus. Sold for 700g on the AH, pretty much paid for my epic mount.