Fire spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

4 Likes

Tier Bonus recap -

Season 1

• (2) Set Bonus: Pyroblasts and Flamestrikes cast with Hot Streak deal 10% increased damage.
  • (4) Set Bonus: Fire Blast, Phoenix Flames, and Fireball deal 10% increased damage and their chance to critically strike is increased by 10%.

Season 2

• (2) Set Bonus: Phoenix Flames applies Charring Embers to all enemies it damages, increasing their damage taken from you by 5% for 12 sec.
  • (4) Set Bonus: When your direct damage spells hit an enemy affected by Charring Embers 20 times the damage of your next 2 Phoenix Flames is increased by 200% and they refund a charge on use.

Season 3

• (2) Set Bonus: When Pyroblast and Flamestrike critically strike you gain Searing Rage, increasing your critical strike damage by 4% for 12 sec, stacking up to 20%.
  • (4) Set Bonus: Activating Combustion increases the critical strike damage bonus of Searing Rage by 150% for 12 sec.
34 Likes

Season 2 is the obvious choice here IMO. The season 3 set could have been so much better if unleashed inferno wasn’t so inferior to SKB.

6 Likes

S2 is the only one that changes gameplay, and for the better. the other ones are just boring damage buffs.
i liked having more phoenix flames and not having to worry about saving them up for combust.

4 Likes

S3 plz. Surely S2 has more phoenix flames. But you have to know that in S4 we will have more stats. S3 is the only Tier sets that won’t waste so many stats(S2 we only need haste and vers).

8 Likes

Yeah - S2 did mix up gameplay a bit, but I really don’t miss having another two things to track. Opening with PF also felt weird. The set-and-forget of S3 is kind of nice, and crit finally being useful is refreshing (love how it synergizes with Belor’elos, Augury, and DoTI staff, though admittedly that may not be long lived).

2 Likes

I really like the gameplay this season and the variety of stats… pleaase not another season of just haste vers

1 Like

S2 because I’m a sucker for Alexstraza’s Fury.

4 Likes

Shame s2 is winning. S3 huge crit build is a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Back to maintaining a dumb 5% buff and only caring about two secondary stats. Argh. Just let us each pick which one we want!!

1 Like

10% damage buff to the main 5 rotation spells outside of execute

Versus

BIG DAMAGE SLOW BIRD x2

Versus

Maximum Crit

Let’s see, given that we’re going to have access to all the gear in each raid at Fated, I would much rather have as many spells buffed as possible but the majority is going with one spell buffed because OOH BIG DAMAGE NUMBER.

I suppose it’s ahead due to quality of life in Alex Fury and CotSK

Agreed. It was refreshing to care about crit again. Plus I don’t think maintaining S2 2pc was as much fun as others do I guess.

Yeah it’s not really “choose your own gear” this way is it? When I first saw this that’s what I thought it was, that we’d get to choose in game which set bonuses we wanted. Maybe they thought that would feel too much like Azerite?

Sweet, all the crayon eating pve’ers picking the literal dumbest tier bonus of this xpac.

1 Like

Big agree. I mean it’s not bad, but I just didn’t care about pf at all. People are going to regret having to play imp scorch, ib, pf 2 piece, pf 4 piece, and flame accel. This spec is going to be an absolute beast in terms of difficulty next tier lol. A lot of people are goin to seriously regret adding 2 more spinning plates to fire’s rotation.

2 Likes

cope and seethe

Uuuugh why the Phoenix Flames one. I HATE Phoenix Flames with a passion. It’s a clunkier Fire Blast.

1 Like

Mmm +damage, +damage, or +damage and a refunded charge.

Can we do a write in? How about

(2) Fire Blast grants a Blink charge
(4) Fireball becomes Frostfire Bolt, dealing % extra frost damage and slowing enemies

2 Likes

Thought S2 was best in m plus but in raid it was hands down the worst of the tier sets to play around.

S2 for the parse. scripted opener and fillers.

I’d rather have talent variety and more viable stats so that we’re hopefully decent in S4 instead of another S2 where you have two stats and you’re forced into one playstyle. So yeah S3 for me

1 Like