Fire owl form

I just came back after a long hiatus. Is this like a 1% drop rate or a one mythic run and done druid flight form?

100% drop from mythic fyrakk. Stupid that they gate a druid form behind a 4-5 million gold carry, but I expect it’s entirely intentional and they expect to see a lot of token sales as a result.

5 Likes

Us casuals are going to have to wait for another 2 years before we can run this raid in mythic for that bird form :frowning: .

2 Likes

Or…you could play better and get into a raid group of equally skilled and like minded players and go get it yourself?

3 Likes

Every available stat shows a minority of the playerbase raid. Even less raid mythic. Even less than that down the last boss on mythic.

What you are saying is true, but not probable. It would be like telling someone to fix their problems by just becoming a millionaire. True, but not likely.

6 Likes

Don’t you have to loot the owl mount to get the flight form? You could get CE and run out of time to loot the mount… therefore you have to hope you get lucky AND your guild is doing enough Mythic Fyrakk kills that you get the mount.

Precisely. No one became a millionaire by staying at a dead end 9-5 saying the government needs to increase the minimum wage until your typical 2000 hour a year job nets you a million dollars a year.

Some things are okay to be more exclusive. It’s in game, it’s accessible to everyone. Having people set goals and work towards those goals is a healthy thing. It’s one form out of how many free ones people are getting for simply being in the Emerald Dream.

Not everything needs to be a hand out. If it takes 2 years before people can go back and breeze through Mythic Big Tree raid, so be it.

2 Likes

There is a vast middle ground between being a hand out or taking two years to get. Especially in a video game. I think it’s the mentality that locked the form behind mythic Fyrakk that ensures MMO games will remain extremely niche.

Edit: they could easily make it a 100% drop from mythic and give a relevant amount of currency from normal and heroic fyrakk that would let you grind it out. That incentivizes mythic raiding without locking out others.

2 Likes

Yes, but this incentivizes bad players to stay bad. The " I don’t need to get better because it will be or I want it given to me anyway " crowd is already a force to be reckoned with.

Why is it bad to ask players to improve if they want the shiny thing that other players worked their butts off for?

Or become a famous streamer and hope someone will carry you -D

By your lgoic I guess all old raids should not have legacy buff and all boss damage and hp should scale to current season damage and hp same with old dungeons so players have to get better and improve and find a group to farm mogs right?

I am glad you aren’t in charge of WoW.

You’re funny, most people don’t have the time to invest into mythic raiding. It’s more than just playing better, it’s a serious time commitment.

It takes less time to make 4 million gold than it does to grind out the parses for mythic raiding guild applications let alone build up the background you need to apply.

4 Likes

Let me point you in the right direction

Let me refresh you some points as well. Even some boss from BFA still can’t be solo due to mechanics. Is not possible and blizzard have no plans to change them. So it is not for sure people can solo Fyrakk 2 years from now.

1 Like

The 2 years isn’t set in stone. It’s just what was said so I went with it.

My point being: if you can’t get it while it’s current it’s not the end of the world

Because this is a 19 year old video game. Its goal is to provide entertainment not self-improvement. I optimize IRL. I play Warcraft to escape all that.

4 Likes

They make games that allow you to cheat and get any item in the game you want. Why not play those ones?

But on a serious note: what is it you like about WoW? I don’t think that losing out on 1 form out of 15 is going to stop you from enjoying the game

I love having a class-based game where my actions can assist other players. I love the lore and classes.

I dislike the implementation of the fire form and other FOMO/ultra-rare stuff. I irritates me but not enough to quit because of the aforementioned stuff I like.

2 Likes

And some of us started playing WoW before the esports elitists came to destroy the community ^^

Also, sadly, theres no other mmo out there that has figured out that variations and good class mechanics is important in an mmo

5 Likes

You do understand that those things bring in revenue to the game, which allows the game to continue going forward yes?

I enjoy the forms and all that too, even got the Fel Bear when it first came out. And i was one saying that the Mage Tower didnt need to come back (but it did).

But when it did and while it was active the first time, i was giving advice and trying to help people achieve it.

Overall health of the game > the entitlement of the few

Considering that they still haven’t touched BFA raids, I’d say more than that