Fire mage is so busted, it makes MM look perfectly normal

Fire mages doing 130 MILLION + dmg in Southshore vs Tarren Mill Brawl? Really? With the top, TOP heavy hitter MMs and Boomies doing only 40 - 50 million in the same bg? That’s not “unbalanced”, its totally insane and absolutely ridiculous to never seen before face-rolling heights. :rofl: Blizz must have hired Slingblade, Forest Gump and Grimes to do all the math and run the balancing division at headquarters.

4 Likes

How many buttons do they press to do that damage? Maybe some will say “but it’s hard to stay alive” or whatever.

1 Like

lol are they doing keg stands and cubicle crawls again?

2 Likes

Most damage Ive had in a BG is 27 million as MM, but my hunter has existed for about 2 weeks. As Ret I’ve had over 40million. MM has the potential to keep the mage population to a reasonable level, but mages walk all over my Ret(probably a skill issue on my part).

1 Like

Is this the thread where the ppl who carelessly hold w in a zerg get filtered by living bomb, then cry about it?

5 Likes

Your Mage was Yummy !

2 Likes

literally any class not yours doing better in the most mongo map we have….

“… derrrrr me hunter me stronk mage make pew pew gooder than me so must be broken”

what will next weeks op class be?

1 Like

The living bomb buff has made fire an outlier in epics (where they were already quite strong), but I think we all saw that coming. Not sure that it’s truly busted but it’s getting there. Without similar counter pressure and reliable healers GL not getting melted.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad. They are the hardest counter we have, especially arcane. Fire is doable though if you treat them like mm hunters.

2 Likes

Alternatively you just don’t brainlessly stack 40 people in one blob

2 Likes

Yes. Be sure to stay stacked up in those team fights and choke holds. Ape strong together right?

1 Like

saw one fire mage do 200+ million last night (guess how clustered our oblivious team was for that to happen?), with everyone blaming our heals for losing the match, as is tradition.

2 Likes

The issue isn’t that people are staying stacked together. The problem is that you can use the EZ Thro Gravitational Displacer to stack the enemy team for you. Living bomb only has a 10 yard range but the ez thro will pull in everyone from 20 yards effectively doubling it. If you combine the 30% damage buff from the vendor the damage output gets ridiculous.

3 Likes

Yea, because the game should be balanced around BG settings like Southshore vs Tarren Mill zergs?

2 Likes

“The issue isn’t that people are staying stacked together.”

then describes probably the most important situation where people are forcibly stacked, and need to immediately get un-stacked to prevent spreading what we might call an “empowered” Living Bomb exploding to everyone around them, or the secondary bombs from the spread of the initial one from going off on the group people lol

I still got Details up from that battle.

Funniest 1 minute 43 second event (emphasizing that this is less than two minutes of time):
The mage did 28.7 million damage (66%) of their 43.26 million damage from Living Bomb. It shows 3 casts (assuming the way this is tracked, this number is literally the number of times the mage casted the spell since it has a 30 sec cooldown that can get reduced by speccing into Convention) and 1288 hits to a team of 40 people.

Yeah, it ain’t a stacking problem.

edit: i looked at two events that were high and put the wrong #s in the first time for the casts and hits. Fixed.

2 Likes

Last night in Ashran - Fire Mage did 44 million, 7 kills in the opening ROC fight.

It lasted seconds.

1 Like

I’ve never done an epic on my MM hunter but I have done over 50m damage in bg’s countless times.

1 Like

Kind of depends on the format (and the map). In Blitz, the matches are shorter and there are less people to AOE.

1 Like

"With the top, TOP heavy hitter MMs and Boomies doing only 40 - 50 million in the same bg? "

“In the same bg” is what were looking at here…

1 Like

hey what the heck