Finding Chests randomly in Classic feels Good

Even like 10 “ore” would have me all over those chest like a fly on a meadow muffin. At least that’s useful.

I also love finding chests :sunglasses:

#ThugLife

10char

1 Like

This is the same concept as any publicity is good to have, even if it’s negative. I disagree entirely with this notion.

The worst parts of Classic have been the mob tagging, the herb nodes, and the chests. Because everyone is greedy and focused on themselves, it doesn’t matter if you fought mobs to get to something; someone will slip by and snag it from you. So to me that just says the best way to get these chests or nodes is to wait for someone else to pull the things to get to it and swoop in yourself to snag it.

Online interactions shouldn’t be negative like that. You’re playing a game; the only negative should be from the other faction, yet parts of Classic make you not like seeing even your own faction around. And that’s not a good thing to have, not in my opinion.

Soundless in Nazjatar, and especially the mount rares in WoD, are all excellent examples of community. People coming together, broadcasting out the location, and getting as many as possible in for the tag on these actual rares fosters community in ways Classic never could. I just wish Blizzard would do more of those as opposed to the dumb rares that aren’t rare.

BfA has a lot of pit falls. But Classic is pretty bad, too, in many ways. But keep on hating Live. I’m glad you have Classic to enjoy, it’s jsut not for me.

7 Likes

Enjoy your cheese and mana potions.

1 Like

It’s not negative though fighting over resources is a good thing. You will get screwed a lot but sometime you will win too and thats good feeling.

What makes you think that node is yours or that chest is yours ? Because its not yours and if you in group well you generally just roll for it.

Where did you even get any of this out of what they said? They dont like people being mean and ninjaing chests and you blew it way out of proportion.

5 Likes

Fighting over resources with the opposite faction is a good negative experience. Fighting with your own faction basically taught me that playing in Vanilla should be done alone because pretty much everyone will worry about themselves first and foremost. Especially when you see random people. It taught me to dislike seeing anyone in the world, which goes against the spirit of an MMO.

Generally if you’re fighting hard towards something, you will want to actually get the reward. And to have it snatched from you feels pretty bad. And being in a group rarely solves the problem.

Shared nodes and mob tags makes me not hate seeing other people in game. It’s a good thing.

3 Likes

They could put into them similar to what is put into the classic random chest spawns. Sometimes there’s several green items, and food / water, potions, ore / bars, profession mats.

Obviously they would need to tailor it to retail so that it would be rewarding to get, like maybe 40-50 plat ore, or a bunch of the green cloth, with a blue BoE. Maybe 300-400g. Something to where we actually want to get the chest. Also, no more pre-set chests as “treasures” to find for an achievement. that stuff is boring. Make chests completely random, and filled to the brim with goodies so when you actually see one, you want to get it, and other players want to get it as well.

You have zero ownership on anything until you claim it. I can see you do not like competition

You will win sometimes and sometimes you will lose. Im not going to say how you sound but you do sound like it.

Another player who should stay playing SP games.

I was gonna say this same thing. Vanilla chests always seemed to have a handful of coppers, a healing potion (usually low level), and some Dalaran Sharp.

2 Likes

Competition is fine. But sometimes I like to enjoy my game time and I don’t get to do that when the mobs I want for a quest are all being farmed for leather and I’m desperately trying to get one tag in.

Real challenges are nice to have. The Mage Tower is a gorgeous example of this. But I imagine you’ll point out how that’s a single player aspect, so the Challenge Modes in MoP and WoD are also great examples. Where “win some and lose some” comes down to winning or losing as a team, not being run over by people you should want to group with. I’m fine with leveling being challenging, but you shouldn’t be fighting your own faction. I want more camaraderie, you want less.

Or I want to enjoy playing with other people rather than fighting them? In general I prefer coop games where you aren’t in competition with anyone. I’m not interested in WoW’s questing becoming a battle royale style; I’d rather work with other people. The systems in Live encourage working together. The systems in Classic encourage you to stay alone so you can actually get stuff done.

But I can see you’d rather bash my character rather than discuss both versions’ failings, so I can’t imagine much more will come from this. Enjoy Classic, and I’ll enjoy Live.

2 Likes

Im not even going to read it im done with you , you sound incredibly entitled , its players like you that ruined the genre that is MMORPG.

fixed that

2 Likes

Alright? Uh…good discussion? Glad you came to a discussion forum just to shut down opposition. I’m sorry I can’t provide you the Live Hating Echo Chamber that you want?

Have yourself a good day, mate.

4 Likes

It’s all a secret plot to take over Azeroth with random acts of dairy.

1 Like

So people zooming in and mob tagging something that is almost dead, that offers zero challenge or communication is good for the community? Retail world content is all single player gaming dude.

Single player? I mean…if I could do a +14 on my own, I’d be pretty impressed. Or Heroic Azshara, definitely did that solo. Maybe I soloed Hard Mode Mechagon for the deathless achievement?

There’s a lot of multiplayer content. It’s up to the individual if you actually partake in it.

And in regards to those rares: those are special in that I’ve been in countless Soundless groups where people are picking other people up to get them to the right spot, sheeping it if anyone attacks it to keep it full health, ferrying people up to the top that don’t have flying, even using a Warlock to summon people that aren’t yet there. I’ve made friends I still have on my friend’s list this way, and we’ve helped each other get other rare spawns because of it.

The way you choose to play dictates the experiences you get.

1 Like

*Remembers literally yesterday where I saw someone fighting the mobs around a chest and instead of grabbing the loot and running, I just continued doing my quest and left them be, like every other time I’ve seen someone fighting the mobs around a chest and wasn’t in my group.
Guess I’m greedy and focused on myself.

Don’t use terms like “everyone” when making an argument.

You know what, you’re right. I should remember my English professor’s words about using absolutes.

Sorry, I’m being a bad moo by hanging out on the forums at work so I keep forgetting to check my posts, haha.

1 Like