Finally, the Mage Tower nerfs are in!

Is it all the way across the board? Like to the enchant itself?

I don’t even know, I’ll log on and check.

now Agatha will take 40 minutes for a fury warrior to beat. yahoo

Since when has Blizzard ever been able to do scalpel nerfs and adjustments?

It’s the entire enchant, it’s not limited to each level, it’s overall and for all versions of it.

From whatever is the lowest level able to use it, to the highest.

Again, Blizzard CAN’T just nerf one level version of a thing, they’ve never coded the game that way.

1 Like

nono, you can’t use that one thing we overlooked to beat the challenge! just make sure you use gear from 4 expacs ago and the most niche items to beat our perfectly tuned challenge!

10 Likes

And this is my fear with the talk of nerfing the Mage Tower. It’s going to go from extremely challenging (I haven’t completed it yet and I’m okay with that), to 7.3’s walk in and AFK to a win version because Blizzard goes to one extreme (over buffs) to the other (over nerfs into trivialness)

Blizzard’s utterly flabbergastingly swingy pendulum of balance going from one extreme to the other is only Blizzard’s fault as they alone can’t seem to figure out how to do anything other than apply a sledgehammer when a subtle step could work.

5 Likes

One way to look at this is that they said they want to look at the completion data of the MT, but a good bit of some of those were done with these clever use of overly tuned items, enchants and mechanics. If they fix the stuff people are using to trivialize it, then the raw data they look at will be a more accurate idea of the MT difficulty. Let’s say 20% of player base was getting completion and the majority were using these things they fixed. Now we will see what the true completion ratio is going forward without these known exploits. Hopefully they figure it out soon. We get 2 weeks to pound our heads in the wall this time, 18 weeks from now we will get a single week to focus repeatedly on any of the specific challenges we want. GG blizzard, I hope this works out for the majority of the players that pay your bills.

1 Like

Rokan.

Here’s the problem.

In the meantime, Blizzard will be perceived by the few remaining customers left as being woefully out of touch such that they’d rather nerf the only real way to clear said new challenging content, rather than make adjustments that should have been tested for on the PTR.

It’s not what Blizzard does alone, it’s also how Blizzard does it.

The lack of PTR for this version, lack of understanding of the players’ issues, the immediate nerf of the players attempting to do the content with the options they do have that are then nerfed because Blizzard only nerfs fun

This won’t end well on their bottom line.

8 Likes

I’m completely unsurprised yet also disappointed.

Truly, the Blizzard way. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Pour a tall one out for selling Crusader enchants at 20k. Alas my friend, gone too soon.

2 Likes

Blizzard:

“Wait, the players are completing the content with something that we didn’t intend?”
“Nerf it into the ground!”

Players:

“Are they TRYING to kill their own game?”

Turgin:

“Yes, yes they actually are. They also don’t know any better.”

Players:

“
 Did anyone hear something?”

2 Likes

I continue to be baffled on how tonedeaf and ignorant the devs are

it never ends

Its like I am living in idiocrazy town

9 Likes

Everyone: Blizzard, we want to try to be on your side during this stuff. Throw us a bone and make the Mage Tower tuned where it should be.
Blizzard: We heard you, and some of the challenges will be fixed.
Also Blizzard: Nerfs the things that made some of the challenges slightly easier.

10 Likes

What bothers me is that the players said they wanted nerfs to the challenge, Blizzard acknowledged it was overtuned and they made it HARDER by nerfing those items.

The Mage Tower is the most hyped thing this year and it’s only around for another week and a half. They should’ve been RUSHING to tune this and shoot it back out. The fact they prioritized nerfing those items instead of tuning the actual challenges is dumbfounding.

Sad part is I was so excited to play the Mage Tower for that nostalgia rush. To relive the glory days when this game was good and I had fun.

I quit BFA, I quit SL. I came back fully optimistic to play the Mage Tower and they just remind me why they’re simply not worth being subscribed to anymore. I know “it’s just a game”, but I just wish it was still a good game.

You let me down, Blizzard.

15 Likes

Well I made some money off crusader so that was fun while it lasted.

2 Likes

That’s important

This fix just shows the ADHD of the developers, in my eyes. They were looking at how to fix the overtuned content they admitted was overtuned, but got distracted by a squirrel along the way.

3 Likes

Exactly. That’s exactly why this is so aggravating. It’s just one more tiny bit of negative PR on top of the pile. They need done positive PR badly but even the most obvious steps seem beyond them.

2 Likes

Did people forget the OPs /s at the end?

:laughing: