Finally the jokes and flirts are out

The males sound just like an orc… lol

It literally sounds like Garrosh is telling awful jokes.

1 Like

oof. they all just- just oof…

…except for that one about bronze dragons, that one was such an out of nowhere reference, i feel like it works. (i mean, it makes no sense, but it’s nice to get an lotr reference after so many years)

also, shame about the worgen joke. it was’nt funny, it felt more like an insult to the folks who wanted tails for worgen (and as mentioned in another thread, i play a pandaren, i already got a tail - a stubby one but still! - and feel bad for the worgen players who wanted tails.)

did they bring the goblin jumper cable joke back?

1 Like

I appreciate your post. I didnt think the removal was needed… but like you said, ultimately it didnt make a difference to me. Sorry it was something that you used. Sure a toggle would be fine… we have profanity filters , so why not.

3 Likes

I think the joke honestly can work with Worgen being strictly tailless as well as Worgen having the option of a tail.

However, the context and delivery ended up as more of a gut punch than a light jab for parts of the player base. The message with the joke is clearly one of firmly rejecting players’ requests for tails as an option for Worgen, at least that is what it looks like.

It would almost be like if they decided to have a race make fun of player Trolls for not being able to have beards, or decided to make fun of players for wanting to have an upright posture on an Undead character.

They are finally adding Tauren Rogues despite at least two /silly lines making fun of the concept of a Tauren Rogue, though. The Dracthyr joke doesn’t completely rule out the possibility of optional tails for Worgen for all eternity. It doesn’t necessarily make the current effects of the Dracthyr joke better, however.

I get it if Blizzard really doesn’t want optional tails for Worgen, but the Dracthyr joke seems like an odd way of expressing that idea.

1 Like

I think the years of not having tails was sort of a hint

The backpaddling from some unintentional book reference or something…
If people are truly upset that this is a confirmation of denying them having it, They need to soul search then express that

This whole “that’s so mean” is simply stupid. I can’t find an elegant way of saying that

1 Like

They are pretty good!

1 Like

I think the dungeon and dragon one could be used for multiple other scenarios, not just flirting.

“You bring the gun and I’ll bring the fire” kind of vibe.

They just looked them up. No lie I was literally looking at dragon puns for another thread some days ago before this came out, and I found a few of the exact same lines they said.

It’s the first result when looking up Dragon Puns, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where they got them from. Pretty upset that they’re not more original but that’s my only spite. All in all they’re pretty damn good.

Also really glad they didn’t make the male Dracthyr sound like dudes in college. Very pleased with it.

That’s how voices be sometimes. I’ve always had a deep voice, but it does not match my physical appearance that well.

That appearance being an underweight disheveled ghoul. (aka the average mmo player)