Finally cancelled subscription

I’m sad to say that I’ve cancelled my sub because my server has become practically unplayable due to low population. It’s just not fun anymore. I refuse to pay to transfer to be able to enjoy the game.

Blizzards “free transfers” only caters to a small portion of players and completely ignored those on medium/low pop that are dying due to mass transfers to mega servers.

Kudos

17 Likes

Which server were you playing on?

The transfer fee is a small hurdle to enjoy the game again.

Good on you though standing by your convictions. Can I have your gold please?

3 Likes

Good for you in doing what you wanted. Anyone who’s just on the fence should just cancel. Transferring doesn’t even guarantee a better time. It’s pretty common for people to transfer and then quit anyway after their guild who they followed breaks up anyway after transferring (this is very common).

2 Likes

He’s on a server with over 4k people on claiming it’s dead

5 Likes

Mad because didnt get a free transfer to a mega server.

1 Like

by cancelling, you have made the server even less populated for the remaining players.

you are part of the problem you yourself could not tolerate.

5 Likes

That’s true, but it does work for some. I transferred from Bloodsail to Atiesh and now I’m able to find dungeon groups and do some raiding. I shouldn’t have had to pay an extra $125 to play the game but it was worth it to me.

2 Likes

When your customer base is like this, you can get away with anything and still push product. Doesn’t matter how inferior your product is, how unresponsive you are to their grievances, or how much you milk them. This bottom 5-10% will keep coming back, even as the rest can no longer tolerate any more.

8 Likes

can I have your stuff

just do like i’ve done over the years and instead of paying for transfers, just start new.

1 Like

your gold
give it to me
now

well when its 3800 bots and gold sellers…

I transferred TO Sulfuras and I am having a blast. Honestly, you are a crybaby and weak.

4 Likes

the count of over 4k people is based on warcraft logs and arena activity. All the servers have bots and gold sellers - people just want launch type activity 3 months into T5 when people are largely all raid logging regardless of server size.

3 Likes

The subs for wow haven’t dropped 90 to 95% so it’s much more than 5- 10% that made similar decisions. You’re apparently still tolerating it as you need a sub to post on the forum. Blizzard can’t get away with anything with me and others like me as I quit retail long before Classic was released. Lots of classic players quit wow and only came back for Classic. There is a limit but for many their subjective and personal cost benefit analysis still keeps them playing

See you in Wrath.

You could relevel on a different server more suited to your desired population.

3 Likes

It does work for some. I’m glad you’re having a good time. On top of that Atiesh probably has a decent server community with the server pop I’m looking at so that’s great.

You were also one of the only forum posters to be nice to me when I was trying to figure out what to do with my alliance on Earthfury (which I did pay transfer and the experience has been better than when I left but not as good as what it was before) and I appreciate that.

Anyway, my point was especially for somebody who is on the fence about even playing TBCC. Sometimes people and guilds think that when they go to a server with a massive pop everything will be fixed for them… then it’s not. I’ve had friends who have transferred over and are initially really happy they can find groups but then their guild breaks up and they don’t want to go through the work of finding a new guild and the new server doesn’t feel like “home” so they quit anyway. :frowning:

So when I see people selling mega servers as the perfect solution I’m like “but I just watched another friend quit after transferring…”. That doesn’t feel good.

Now with all of that being said if the OP is actually on Sulfurus horde, I’m not sure how bad things actually are, because it looks ok, just not launch levels, but maybe it actually isn’t great.

2 Likes

Cya, can I have your stuff please?