Finally cancelled subscription

mega server guilds are dying left and right also. everyone is recruiting. at this rate, a guildless player can probably clear all the content in TBCClassic without a guild. I’ll most likely quit too if my guild folds. I play primarily for the social aspect of raiding and the thought of building new relationships all over again, I have no desire to do. At the end of the day, the game just isn’t that important to many people to lose sleep over.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not drawn to mega servers. I prefer the medium to low pop servers, but Bloodsail just got too low to be playable if your main focus is dungeon runs. I looked at all the pve west coast servers and sat for a few hours in the start zone just listening to each server’s lfg chat to see what the server was like. In the end I went for the one with the largest horde population. Atiesh isn’t really a mega server on the horde side.

It’s a problem and blizzard isn’t handling it well. It’s a tough decision to make. In the end it was spend $125 to transfer or quit the game. I wasn’t ready to quit yet.

5 Likes

That’s an option for some people. But the idea of releveling 2 70’s a 60 a 50 and a 40 all over again was a no go for me. Vanilla was my least favorite expansion, I don’t want to put all the time into what I think is a mediocre game. BC and Wrath are the expansions that I really want to play. Imo they are both far superior to vanilla.

2 Likes

Yea exactly^ I guess people don’t realize that not everyone plays on the same schedule.

Not sure why everyone is so butt hurt. I’m just pointing out that severs are DYING. I never claimed I played on a dead server. But the sever also had 5000 alliance and now that number is close to 0.

That doesn’t really make a PvP sever, does it?

I play on a server with less horde than you and it’s hardly dead. If you want to make a group for anything with no work I mean…retail is a click away.

And if your schedule is off peak time for your server then it’s not really the server being “dead”.

1 Like

In comparison to the ease of finding other players, regardless of level, on servers like Benediction and Faerlina, it’s pretty significant.

The fact the blizzard allowed those servers to transfer to them is because they know most players will chose those severs.

Trust me the majority of low pop players are not transferring to medium population. If given the chance at a free xfer and they’ve been playing on an dead server, I’m pretty sure I’d go out of my way to prevent that from ever happening again by choosing a high pop, or full servers.

Come to Final Fantasy 14. It is fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And do you know why? Because Benediction was allowed to happen in the first place.
Sulf went from a reasonable 60/40 to 100% horde in 2 months because people and their bright ideas.

Yet Sulfuras horde is still fine, I have friends who are still successful there. So as said, you’re either not on the server’s time zone or not really trying.

The overall problem is that instead of working a few minutes to form a pug, people default to just assuming it can’t be done unless they jump ship to a server that is 5x bigger than was even physically possible during retail BC. The abundance of raid loggers makes this somewhat true, but it’s still not the end of the server. Not even close.

1 Like

Yup and they transfer to a bigger server and groups don’t just automatically spring up automatically and they go “dead game” and log off to go play a game with matchmaking queue systems.

Not realizing they’re playing a game from 2007

2 Likes

Yep, that’s why I keep saying that a lot of these people would just prefer Retail where they can click a button. It’s always about finding groups super easily and sometimes in the middle of the night etc.

I understand wanting to transfer off when a server is really dead. I went through it on my ally. When the pop was under 500 or so on ironforge.pro things did actually start getting bad, where I’d see people offering to pay 20g for DPS to do a dungeon etc, but before that, it was definitely possible to get groups.

1 Like

I’ll miss our Lion’s Pride Inn rondezvous.

Farewell!

You know how I know you are being dishonest?

Because you couldn’t answer my question with thought and logic and will spew a bunch of nonsense hiding the liar you are on the inside.

If LFD and LFR and DS and all that stuff are such important staples to players like me…

Why am I here playing BC and not retail as you keep suggesting we do so?

1 Like

I think we’re all wondering why you’re in a game that obviously doesn’t suit what you want out of it

1 Like

They’re more than welcome to cancel the rest of BC and roll out lich king.

What question and was it in this thread because I don’t see one from you.

I’m not being dishonest. There is zero reason for me to be. I’m giving my opinions like every other poster on these forums does.

What I’m saying is that some people want to be able to get groups quickly including at like 4:30am so they transfer from their otherwise healthy servers with like 4k people to the super mega servers for that. Others have stated this before I did.

I know you are big into LFD etc which is fine. I have no idea why you are playing TBCC. A lot of people don’t like how they have to grind dailies to keep up in Retail so they play this. They have said this on here before.

I told you to just be honest.

That was enough.

Alright, so you just felt like calling me a liar for no reason and actually didn’t want a reply. Got it.

Actually, I was going to let it go but suit yourself.

This is what I asked you.

I took that to be your best reply and I took at as the right answer. But it still doesn’t answer the question of why I’m playing BC and not retail. When you give me the reply I’m actually looking for then I’ll know you are answering truthfully.

1 Like

Oo I love riddles.

Because BC is the clear path to wrath if Blizzard and the community survive that long.

Wotlk waiting room.

2 Likes

This is not an airport lounge. There is no need to announce your departure.