Finally an alliance civil war incoming

Bellular also thinks High King is supposed to be an actual kingship.

1 Like

The did not the goblins stole gnomish tech at the end and soured it

Sorry to disappoint, but Blizzard would rather see WoW completely shut down before they ever allowed Alliance to have internal strife beyond a few NPCs yelling at each other. Poor Little Anduin cannot be subjected to such stressful things after all. They can’t even bring themselves to make Alliance aggressive vs Horde. You honestly think any of them will ever get aggressive towards one another?

1 Like

You got a source on that, boss? Cause so far, you’ve said absolutely nothing even resembling correct.

I would genuinely find it hilarious if Blizzard thinks so lowly of the non-human races on the Alliance side that they would actually write them as willing participants in a human monarchy birthright dispute.

If an Alliance civil war breaks out, I hope more than anything that the Defias come in to wipe up the aftermath, spearheaded by none other than proletariat kween Vanessa “Bad B**ch Bougie Buster” VanCleef. All those filthy courtiers and nobles should have been Tiffin-ed a long time ago and the Alliance will only be stronger for their passing.

(tbh I am kind of salty that Horde never got Defias/Arathi humans on their side)

2 Likes

Flaws and inner conflict is what makes characters, factions or groups interesting.

Though to be fair I would rather completely remove factions alltogether, as neither Horde nor Alliance stand for anything anymore and at this point are only artifical. The Alliance now has a blue warchief, the Horde lost their whole “bunch of misfits who try to survive”-trope, when they started two world wars.

3 Likes

After the Mechagon dungeon Gazlowe changes his mind and likes the Alliance again:

In the War Campaign Finale Gazlowe is working with Tinkmaster Overspark to help the Alliance and the Horde rebels.

1 Like

A number of horde players don’t want flaws or conflict. They want alliance villains and civil wars so they can rub it in fans faces.

4 Likes

I find that it’s usually horde players that tend to ask for an Alliance civil war. Meanwhile they really dont seem to understand how much it sucked to be alliance during both horde civil wars.

2 Likes

A lot of Alliance players telling everyone what Horde players want. :slight_smile:
As a Horde player, I never cared about Alliance politics. Nobody in my circle of friends, or in my guild, or any of the Horde oriented bloggers cared.

OTOH, no that I have switched to Alliance, I want something interesting. This could be interesting. Whether Tryande flips one way or the other? Not that interesting.

Alliance politics are boring. Blizzard goading Alliance players by making the Horde evil? Can’t work. That leaves you with you noble heroes banding together and defeating the evil boss Blizzard has thrown up this expansion. Over, and over, and over again.

Which is honestly weird, because shouldn’t we all try to wish for better storytelling for everyone?

The Alliance and Horde both had/have terrible writing, but the “how” is different.

The Alliance suffers from homogenization, they’re not pro-active instead constantly being passive and just accept everything, and Anduin as a main Alliance character is simply boring because he doesn’t have character development because he’s already finished. He cannot grow and as such he’s a completely uninteresting character…which is true for the entire Alliance. They are a big happy family, even Blizzard stated the conflict between Anduin and Tyrande was more akin to a family dispute. Meanwhile Genn is getting defanged in books, Tyrande is somewhat pushed in the direction of being wrong etc.

(All the while you add stuff to Moira saying that both factions did wrong…excuse me Moira can you point me to the genocide the Alliance committed in the last year?)

The Horde meanwhile suffers from a constant identity crisis, and from the fact that the writers seemingly want to write Warhammer orks instead of Warcraft orcs. Not to mention that BfA wasn’t really good for the Horde leaders as well, because of the way the plot is written they come across as spineless cowards.

Everyone was seemingly happy tagging along with Sylvanas, committing war crime after war crime because they were winning. After Dazar’alor when things went south, suddenly everyone wanted to make amends. Baine gave Derek back, Lor’themar worked together in Nazjatar etc.

4 Likes

That would be the ideal. I think the fact that Blizzard actively encourages animosity between the players of each faction is a big part of the problem.

2 Likes

What’s worse, is that they’re pretty terrible on making that Animosity too. All too often the Alliance is made to look weak and pathetic. Horde players often felt like a playground bully, or outright unjustified group for how often they easily stomp on the Alliance. It’s becoming a running gag that the Horde has to punch itself / harm itself just to give the Alliance a fighting chance.

I find that Horde players struggle finding reasons to hate the Alliance due to the lack of any sort of action against the Horde, or any event the Horde player experiences. While the Horde destroy towns, cities, and make a real impact on Azeroth… the Alliance on the other hand are shoved off to the side with no phasing, nor any real jolt to the world.

Dazar’alor got sieged and the only thing that changed was the Zandalari’s leadership. Dazar’alor saw no phasing nor changes to the structure of the city despite a gaping hole into the Empire’s inner sanctums. While the Horde’s actions tend to utterly change the world around them.

It’s hard to find any purpose to hate the Alliance because they do nothing to invoke hatred. Any sort of aggression is always teeming with justification or consequence due to the Horde’s end.

3 Likes