Final Fantasy finally caught up...gg

Bless your heart. You have a good night.

:rofl:

says how game is bad

person refutes ur incorrect way of thinking/view of game and asks for evidence to believe your side of things

no ur just wrong, leaves

classic

1 Like

Still no option for open-world PvP, it would be the perfect rival to WoW if it had that, but there still isn’t even though they finally have a competent BG with Crystalline conflict.
Seriously, it’s a great game, but without ganks and bonks and zergs, it’s not so fun for me.

Meh, I’ve been thinking about giving the game another go but every time I look at the launcher I just remember how unbelievably bored I was when I last played.

Square if you are reading this please copy the WvW from GW2, its technically instanced but has the same gambling-type thrill of open world PvP. Please please please!

Funny because the reason I resubbed to WoW is because Endwalker’s endgame content outside of raids and dungeons is just a bunch of solo content. Where we used to get sprawling open world zones mid-expansion, now we got a solo farm simulator and solo dungeons with no reason to go back to.

If I wanted to play an MMO all on my own I would play a single-player RPG.

FFXIV is a great game and tbh a lot of the hating replies you got are full of crap, but Endwalker is very disappointing to me. If I didn’t own a house I would not even pay my sub. The only thing we got that blew my mind so far is the PvP rework and the portrait/plate system, and the later is probably gonna get yanked by every other MMO with a strong fashion scene. (ie: WoW and GW2)

I also think the amount of story you have to do to catch up is unreasonable now and they’re gonna hit a wall. Like yeah this is a story-driven MMO, but at some point people want to play with their friends too.

I ve been playing FF14 for 4 years. Im not coming back to it. You ve nailed it in your post.
I agree with all of it.

1 Like

Playing this game more and more, WoW is complete garbage compared to ff14.

Class balance is WAY better.
More content updates
More frequent content updates
Communication to the players
No mythic+ cancer
Not as much downtime as WoW

The list goes on. I only play WoW because one of my friends does. The Devs deserve an award for most s&#$ job done.

Come to think of it, the two things that really killed FF for me are actually not even gameplay related, but worldbuilding related. There is no open world in FF, every single zone is separated by a loading screen and is more or less a canyon with boundaries on all sides.

Also any story that makes you the central, most important figure in the entire world while simultaneously pairing you up with the other most important people in the world just immediately kills any level of immersion I could possibly have.

2 Likes

That is a laughable statement when every bg in wrath classic is AT LEAST 25% bots, and I’ve seen games with over 80% bots (one would assume there’s also games completely played between them) and this issue has been going on for over 2 months.

That’s so ps4 users could play with no loading issues. Ff14’s community is WAY bigger than WoW’s. It’s not jsut pc, it’s pc, ps4 AND ps5.

If you like one game over the other play that game :slight_smile:

I tried FF and got into Heavensward, didn’t really get “better” after ARR. In fact, I was mostly fine with ARR (I know crazy). Overall, FF was too goofy for me in terms of the over the top NPC reactions and the slowness leveling up. Everyone says “it gets better”, well part of the reason I don’t like to level up in WoW is because I get bored of it in the moment so “it getting better” doesnt work for me in a slower paced story MMO like FF.

The attitude towards side quests especially wasnt good for me sticking with it either. I love side quests as they really develop the places you go to instead of just leaving them in the dust with (insert big bad #86), which also might slow me down I know. Trying to push me into MSQs was what drove me away from FF, as most friends stuck to MSQs, and I dont blame them since that was where the main story was but it just didnt work for me.

Disliked the combat heavily as well but I think that was more secondary than anything. Again, don’t really care that it got better if I disliked it up to level 70. I do think it was very flashy ( a bit too much maybe) and that WoW honestly needs some flashier combat.

FF having housing though was a major plus. I never got to the point of having one but I think it was certainly an amazing addition to the game that I wish WoW had as well.

I don’t really think the people were “nicer” as I did run into people with the same amount of patience as WoW, but when in a city/non-instance area I will agree the people seemed overall nicer.

Overall, FF seemed to have more to do if you liked more social content and WoW had better end game content, IMO. I know FF has their hard/long 8 man raids but that is also part of the social aspect to me being smaller sized groups, I personally like the larger WoW raid sizes but that doesnt seem like a majority opinion at least in my circles.

Again, just play the one you want as they both have positives and negatives :slight_smile:

Final Fantasy caught up and moved ahead a long time ago.

I haven’t liked endwalker as much as shadowbringers. Not saying it’s bad. It’s still top notch. But SE truly delivers and is passionate about their game. That died with Blizzard a long time ago.

Theyre passionate about coasting so they can funnel everything into FF16. SE has been taking massive loss after massive loss with FF14 being their shining golden goose amidst bad games - and thats more on how good of a director that Yoshi-P is than SE.

Damn that’s crazy, why are you here then?

because people can enjoy more than 1 game

why are you posting on a level 10 wow classic alt to avoid people looking you up?

2 Likes

Square Enix is fine. Hopefully 16 is better than 15. 15 was good after all the dlc released. That should never be the case again.

The fact that you felt you had to post about FF in WoW’s forum tells me FF isn’t doing very well either.

I suspect a lot of games are seeing a lower playerbase now, mostly due to real world economics and other issues.

enjoying more than 1 game = not allowed

talking about more than WoW = not allowed

FFXIV is doing fantastic. Just released a new datacenter a few months ago. Working on getting for 4 new servers ready for it.