Figured I'd try Operation: Mechagon

It isn’t “poorly tuned” I’ve cleared it on my ilevel 275 Mechagnomesupreme warrior with no issues.

Nah, who am I kidding I haven’t done much of anything this whole expac.

Honestly the dungeon’s fine except for the trash. The trash in that dungeon feels more like a boss than the actual bosses do since the trash keeps one shot-ing every tank I’ve grouped up with.

I know it may be unbelievable to people who love to raid and do dungeons, but there are quite a few people who do NOT. I see so dang many raiders on here saying if you don’t want to do the dungeons then you are basically crap. People here play the game differently. Some are physically unable to react quickly enough to do the dungeons. Some just don’t enjoy it. Why get on a high horse and insult people who don’t play the game the way you do? I sure hope you don’t act that way outside of the game.

And yet another one with insults. Come on, people. Surely you’re better than that.

7 Likes

I have cleared it a few times…but i haven’t gone back in weeks…didn’t like the mechagon stuff at all tbh…and i like nazjatar…

i know i know, i’m weird lol cuz i believe the popular opinion is just opposite.

anyway i’ll prolly do mechagon when it’s a mythic+, otherwise nah.

I… I don’t know what to say.

When the Mechagon dungeon released I just formed a group with 4 random strangers and we went on an adventure. No one of us knew the boss fights, or how to handle trash so we just… Talked?

My group, composed of strangers who never met before, carefully observed our enemies and read the dungeon journal to quickly develop a strategy based on what classes we had, sometimes even swapping specs. Granted we still wiped a lot, but we learned with our mistakes and improved.

In the end, we managed to finish the dungeon and completed our grand adventure. We had fun learning how to handle the new place!

Months later, you don’t even need to wipe several times to learn stuff. There are million guides teaching you how to handle everything, and you still think its too hard?

I really don’t understand… Is the part where you need to talk to your group the problem? The thinking part? Don’t you people aspire to improve yourselves?

Retail really needs to get some more of the good stuff from classic.

8 Likes

It isn’t though. It’s tuned tighter but it’s not poor, it just requires actual team effort. Poorly tuned is something like Mistress Sassz’ine who was nearly impossible on Heroic with 10 people and became easier at 13-15 people. Same with Helya; they were tuned for three, sometimes even four healers depending on when you did it.

Mechagon just requires mechanic capability. They’re very straight forward, simple bosses for the gear it provides.

1 Like

Same here. Easily one of the best dungeons Blizzard has made in a long time! Very fun and interesting boss mechanics, good difficulty, really enjoyed it.

As well as expecting that players are somewhat competent at the game.

8 Likes

mentality like this is why pugging is in such a poor state. You guys complain about not getting into group content and yet you refuse to learn so you can be useful on group content. Instead you cry, whine and moan about dungeons being “too overtune”. Prior to popular belief this is never a hard game unless you’re doing really high end of the game

8 Likes

I just ran it for the first time today myself. While the trash angered me at times, the boss encounters themselves were overall very satisfying and fun to get through(minus that gnome duo one, I did not care for that one at all).

It was a challenge, but I was upfront about being new to the instance, and thankfully I grouped with people who appreciated that honesty instead of kicking me outright. I had watched a video of the fights previously, but that only prepares you so much, so I died on a few fights. It took 3 attempts to down King Mechagon, but by the final attempt we kicked his butt with no issues.

Overall a very fun experience, but not one I’d want to repeat super often–because it was stressful in places & very time consuming. Definitely worth it though, and for those who wait there will always be heroic mode and splitting it out into 2 parts in 8.3.

you know what…i don’t like the dungeon personally - but whoever up top said it was a really well designed dungeon…possibly the best one they have put out in a while…you’re right, and i’d agree.

I think it’s the only dungeon they’ve put out in a years that wasn’t built around this speed running obsession they have at blizzard these days.

I think they’re attempting to get back to their vanilla roots…but hard to say…and even i might be looking at it all wrong lol…wouldn’t care either way though - i will only run it if i have to…and for the mount…but i can wait til this is legacy content to get that one since i don’t like mech mounts at all ><

1 Like

Mechagon has been nerfed twice already iirc, and even before the nerf during week 1 people were completing it. So no, it’s not overtuned, unless your definition of “overtuned” is anything that’s not a faceroll.

5 Likes

Rastlin doesn’t want to gitgud though, he just wants everything nerfed into the ground so he doesn’t have to put effort into it. I’m sure he’d actually just prefer to walk into each boss room and loot a chest, honestly.

2 Likes

If you mean people who don’t know how to play, than no, it isn’t. For those that do know how to play, yes, it’s for us.

Well, I personally don’t complain about anything dungeon or group or raid as I pretty much just do solo content. I’m responding to someone else’s complaint and the ones who toss insults. Seriously, not everyone is great at the game, but I’m betting that in the long run, the ones who aren’t that great are actually having more fun during the time they are playing. But when something like this is required just for a new playable race, it should be tuned for even the not-so-wonderful players.

So the new race, at this time, is for those who, in your opinion, do know how to play, right? And for those who know how to play but really aren’t physically able to do the dungeon or their dps or ilvl isn’t good enough to get into the dungeon?

This is just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

Nope. The moment the new race comes out this will be available in a queue. The difficulty it is presented at now doesn’t need to be watered down just because some people don’t know what mechanics are, pull as dps, etc.

3 Likes

I’ts not overtuned. It required mechanics. Foreign concept to a lot of the modern playerbase but it’s not a dungeon you can faceroll through unless your ilvl allows you to.

That’s half the problem with this expansion: everyone wants maximum reward for minimal effort.

I agree. I tanked the place when i was like ilvl 419 and was getting beat up pretty bad in there. Lets be honest, ilvl 415 gear is a +5 or+6 key and there is no way in hell Mechagon is comparable. Not even close. I actually enjoy the place but it definitely doesnt seem worth running for the gear it provides

1 Like

Having to pay attention to mechanics = “poorly tuned.”

7 Likes

No it’s not. It’s mean to be a raid-long challenge as a Mythic. Mechanics on literally everything are important to follow— including the trash.

Think of it like a longer version of Magisters Terrace. They made Kara like that back in Legion, as well. It’s meant to be a raid-like 5man.

3 Likes

I doubt the heroic version will be any easier than the mythic one at this point in time. It will be made for the start of a new season with the expectations people will have ‘x’ amount of gear. I still need that for my Mechagon meta but will wait a few months after the season has progressed a bit.