Figured I'd try Operation: Mechagon

Excellent example of gearshaming!

1 Like

oh, please. if you had your way mobs would fall over dead when you breathed on them and bosses would have one mechanic each.

the game would be AWFUL if it were tuned to the levels you want to play at.

6 Likes

The thing i found with it is that for it to be not be a crap shoot you have to out level the gear it drops =/

Its shame, it has some interesting items but it feels tuned for around 430 and drops 415.

I did it for 5 weeks at launch for mounts and never went back.

2 Likes

How would you characterize that?

What do you think is tuned poorly? Are you sure you’re not just messing up mechanics?

1 Like

And yet, most people have been able to complete it just fine.

Maybe you’re just not as good at the game as you’d like to think you are?

Shot in the dark here but does anyone want to do hard mode mechagon? I got 2 progression sprockets and I’d rather not wait another week in order to get rank 3 vision.

Tell me when you’re on I’ll get you through it

2 Likes

All I see here are people I might be able to sell a carry for the mount too.

2 Likes

well for me:
created the group… 35 -50 min. waiting
enter DG
on DPS flies to mob, ensures TPK
goes out of the group
15min later another dps
another tpk
healer and tank get out of group
wait for 30 min.
gave up

1 Like

It’s a mythic dungeon that is REQUIRED to get a new allied race. Your 435 ilvl is quite a bit higher than her 407, so for her with no previous experience in the dungeon it’s way over tuned.

And this stuff? no.

They should make it on LFD or at least normal. Mythic for an allied race is crazy.

9 Likes

Yeah that’s what i thought, even when i was going through mythics 5s-10s i was like “This dungeon seems flat out way overturned when a mythic is half the difficulty and drops the same or better loot” It’s kinda neat but even the common mobs i remember had like spammable dps 1 shot mechanics that’d kill 3/5ths of the party at 410. I’m at 428 now and im not sure if i’ll ever get back to it. But i do kinda like the idea of miniture 5 man ‘raids’, just for what it is some of the bosses for a 415 loot dungeon still have more health than mythic 10 bosses (like, 12M hp mechagon for 415 vs 9.6M hp for a Mythic 10 boss that drops 430s)

2 Likes

Oh. 442 ilvl. You are the top tier? Why was this necessary? I hope you feel better. :-1:

8 Likes

I feel like them having any mechanics at all would be too much. They’d need to be target dummies in the center of the room.

Well it drop 415 and it’s like a +4 or +5 without affixes.

1 Like

I’d reckon it’d be more like a +9 without affixes or maybe like the trash of a +11k for the 100k-200k melee hits. Or maybe it’s just the gear shrug but it does seem wonky. There’s no affixes though but even at 5 ilvls below the content when i first tried it, it seemed a bit overtuned and the dps were always dying from getting ran over and trash one shots even though the healer and i were able to stay alive dodging it shrug. Still want to get that tank mana shield essence though.

3 Likes

Why lower things down to people who refuse to learn. This is why dungeons are awful to do at low level. People never learn ever.

The dungeon itself (normal mode) can easily be done by 380+ gear. I’ve done it on a 385 alt as a tank and never had an issue

How about gitgud?

5 Likes

Same here tbqh.

No, it’s poorly tuned. All other forms of content that drop the same ilvl as it are SIGNIFICANTLY easier. I like the dungeon, I like the level of difficulty, but it should be dropping ~425 or something tbh.

5 Likes

With all your fancy high level welfare gear you can’t do it? Must be the dungeon.