FFXIV, WoW, RP, and game health

Now I have been seeing threads about how FFXIV is doing better than WoW and that we should all leave and join that game and that WoW is dying. However I have noticed a trend with all these people, very few of them are on RP servers and those that do admit they do not participate in RP. If that is the case than WoW has nothing to worry about.

See PVEers and PVPers tend to go with the trend. Right now FFXIV is the trending game as such the PVE and PVP subs will fluctuate.

However the true health of the game reside with the RPers as they are the ones who will remain even if the game is at it’s lowpoint. I mean look at Everquest the Rp community alone is keeping the game afloat. However while WoW has an active RP community the one FFXIV has is not as great. With the quality of RP amounting to what you would find in a certain inn in Goldshire. This is because while FFXIV has done a lot to set up an eviroment where an RP community could exist or grow neither the Devs nor the Rpers themselves have done anything to cultivate that community.

So while WoW is at a low point currently it will endure it’s RP community will see to that, as for FFXIV. While it is doing great so far, if FFXIV cannot improve their RP community by the time the LoL MMORPG comes out they should be prepared for a massive sub loss.

2 Likes

Oh good lord.

An FF14 is dead thread on a WoW forum?

Must be Sunday . . .

11 Likes

Sorry to report, but RPers are also PvE and PvPers. They want to see and participate in content as much as the next player, and should not be seen as the “bottom feeders” that will continue to pay their sub for nothing.

RP on WoW is in the fridge until a patch comes out. There are a few people here and there doing things, but SL itself has done the most to not give anyone anything to work with.

Also lol rp is dead on FFXIV? They just spent a month fretting over rp scandals.

13 Likes

That is because of the state of their RP community. Which is literally Moon Guard Goldshire but everywhere.

Not true, but you also think RPers are going to keep paying a sub if WoW continues in this direction. You are deeply mistaken if you think we are somehow exempt from feeling content loss and patch burnout.

7 Likes

16 Likes

I am agree WoW is in a slump right now I am just saying that a lot of FFXIV’s Subs will jump ship once the LoL MMORPG comes out.

This is still years away from happening, maybe more.

Heck, it might not happen at all! Stuff’s still happening and it’s something that’s too far in the future to worry about.

That’s why certain “content creators” are over there making cat girl characters. Things just got weirder.

1 Like

Naturally, just like there’s a migration to other mmos from WoW since day one. Still not addressing why you think RPers are okay with no content.

So while WoW is at a low point currently it will endure it’s RP community will see to that

Tone deaf af.

2 Likes

And you are acting like this content drought will continue. The new patch is coming out soon and to be honest the only reason some rpers left it was because they refused to rp involving Shadowlands Content. My guild has and we are doing just fine.

I’m happy your guild has, but guilds have been shrinking and declining in numbers for quite a long time. Check WrA and MG, the two big rp realms. Majority of the guilds these days skew towards PvE/PvP over RP.

It’s not just content droughts, it’s the fact the story has been taken in so many wild and different directions that have been unpopular. People no longer care, and have found greener pastures.

I actually do think the content drought will continue, only because it’s not covid that caused 9.1 to take so long, and we all know it. 9.1 is a pretty bare patch. We are probably not going to get a 9.3, and can’t even say if they’re even a year close to schedule on 10.0.

1 Like

Yeah, with you on this, the RP communities are dying with the exception of a few realms, even then finding RP has been difficult at best.

Smaller RP Realms are losing what’s left of the RP’ers as they realm transfer off to larger servers, those that can’t afford to go, get stuck.

Or it’s all PvE players all looking just to plow End Game or make it easier to farm rares.

3 Likes

Its more that a Lot of PVE/PVPers have been comming to Rp servers because they enjoy a community that actually feels alive.

Hey I have friends on MG would be overjoyed if Goldshire goes away so in that case that is a good thing.

How do you know?

It is about the same as the Nazjatar/Mechagon patch in BFA.

Again how do you know?

1 Like

I have noticed this as well. It is so bizarre to me. I enjoy RPing using the current storyline as a springboard. At least on Wyrmrest Accord, the RP community is just weird about the Shadowlands.

2 Likes

In comparison to the pve severs like Area 52? RP realms are small beans by comparison.

I’m sorry your only experience with FFXIV rp was Balmung. And ESO has a much bigger rp community than both, currently.

Going to sum these all up with:

1. We had several senior devs leave, and an untold number of others.
  2. This was after record layoffs after SL launched.
  3. This has all been discussed on this forum pretty regularly now.
  4. While WoW’s competitors have been able to release content at a slowed, but regular pace, we have been waiting 8 months for a fix-it patch. Raid will be good, but that’s really the extent beyond a daily zone. You can check it out on the ptr right now :slight_smile:

You also don’t seem to get that the majority of the PvErs and PvPers on RP realms were full RPers who have become tired of it and retired. They require content just as much as everyone else and will not “keep the game afloat”. That’s insulting.

1 Like

Balmung is the Goldshire server in FFXIV?

pulls a pen from behind his ear, takes out his notebook

2 Likes

They have their own inn, too. We call it the quarantine zone. :joy:

You cannot escape The Lion’s Pride Inn.

1 Like

I have seen the same couple of voices doing the same song and dance years after they supposedly “moved on”.

That is because Suare Enix is based in Japan whose Government handled the Covid Crisis much better than the US government at the time did. What is insulting that you are willing to put content above human health and safety shame on you.

Speaking of moving on if you honestly believe that why are you still subbed. I starting to think that either you do not RP or your salty that the fact your GM refused to RP involving Shadowlands content and instead of holding your GM ACCOUNTABLE or FINDING A GUILD THAT WILL RP THERE. You instead vent your misplaced anger on the game.

The only other choice is Mateus AKA the “Balmung Overflow server”.

1 Like

Bethesda/Zenimax is a US company. Nice try, though!

I RP and do PvE/P content. I’m just reporting what I see from the ground :nail_care: Game sucks real hard right now.

Also tf I rp all the time on Primal? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Got a fine Pirate crew FC and we hold tavern nights with the occasional road trip around to other open venues. Performances, tavern hopping, shops, and all. You really didn’t look too hard.

2 Likes