FFXIV treats Lalafel more seriously than WoW treats Gnomes

And people who pick void/night/blood elves do it just because they’re super sexy and they (the player) are incels.

I think gnome player are far more noble. Fight me! lol
seriously go ahead and vote this into darkness,
ya know you’re jsut an incel if you do

Your statement is not really correct. We have several prominent characters in FF14 who are good. Krile is anything but clumsy and is very present in the game. The same goes for Nanamo or Pipin for example. You can’t take a single character as a representative of an entire race. Besides, Tataru also has her strengths.

Of course, they have a reputation for being greedy and deceitful, but the game also repeatedly shows us the opposite.

However, I do agree with you that the race itself doesn’t look appealing and to be honest, I wish they didn’t exist. But that’s a matter of personal taste. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Naw it’s like thjat in japan too

Hilarious lore fact. Tataru may be one of the most gifted magic users in that game, as during a side quest I think 2-3 expansions ago, she summoned a carbuncle and it ran away. Normally those things are supposed to disappear when not connected to their summoner as a source of aether, but not is still alive, but apparently fully sentient now.

As far as gnomes go, the only one treated with any type of seriousness for years was Chromie, who is a dragon. Mekkatorque got some attention in BFA, but generally when you a gnome it’s usually to make a joke.

3 Likes

True, I almost forgot about that. :joy:

I play ff14 too.

Some Lalafells are great like Pippin.

However, their description does mention that they’re childlike.

Then there’s that baby chair controversy.

I also refuse to RP with Lalafells outside public areas and have to be within groups of varied races.

The Lalafells that RP privately have a bad reputation for a reason.

1 Like

Characters like Krile, Nanamo, etc. are anything but childlike. Even those who clearly act maliciously are not. Tataru probably has the most childlike behavior and even that is overshadowed by her skill in handling finances.

The worst part, in my opinion, is really their appearance. Although I truly love the game for its lore, I still can’t get used to the design of this race. No wonder they have a bad reputation.

This is not meant to be against those who like the race and enjoy playing it, but since they can be given… all sorts of clothing by players… I just can’t. I would really prefer it if they looked more like adults. That’s all.

To say nothing of Papalymo.

Because I didn’t like him xD

But yes, he acted like an old grumpy guy. :joy:

The enemy list is the reason why I prefer FF14 instances over WoW instances, full stop. That thing is so convenient that once you have it you can’t live without it and not having it feels like a huge downgrade. Curse Blizzard for bricking an addon that had this functionality.

The enemy list alone gives FF14 combat the edge over WoW.

Tataru?

You mean the Tataru that is in charge of the Scions funds and logistics?

The Tataru that is capable of coordinating a global salvage operation in DAYS?

The Tataru that Estinien is TERRIFIED of because of the sheer number of connections she has makes her Etheirys’s premier ad-hoc spymaster?

The Tataru that managed to use arcanima (essentially magical math) to create a self-sustaining and fully self-willed Carbuncle by accident that is still being studied in Sharlayan because of how impossible such a feat should have been?

That Tataru?

The “joke” behind Tataru is that she may be awful at combat, but she’s possibly the single most competent person on Etheirys when it comes to running the Scions

As an additional point, in the Auspices questline, she tries to help us out and summons another Carbuncle that again, just wanders off… the thing is, that means she has managed to create TWO self-willed carbuncles that now exist at the same time. Even the Warrior Of Light can only summon one Carbuncle at a time

2 Likes

Wtf is that

:point_down::robot: Don’t mind the goofy voice acting.

OMG i would actually try tanking again if we just had that bloody combat list. I was tanking on and off in XIV and figured I’d give it a shot again in WoW. Missing that enemy list makes the entire experience feel absolutely chaotic.

I want to know who’s hitting me and who’s about to run to Africa and eat the warlock, not wade through the particle effects, unit frames, and players to see that guy taking the trip with Toto.

2 Likes

That’s not Final Fantasy 14, though.

I think what they meant was Hrothgar.

1 Like

Gnomes are glorified footballs, end of thread.

FFX was such a good game but ya i forgot about these guys too

1 Like

Nanamo is far from an idiot. She has a lot of political savvy and is all around one of the best characters in the game.

I honestly find it hard to believe that Bershea truly played FFXIV. The text reads more like they may have completed a handful of quests in ARR and that’s about it. So, I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

Or, if you have actually completed the story, Bershea, you have probably skipped about 90% of it to hold the opinion you have. As I mentioned, I agree with you regarding the appearance of the race, but the rest… not so much.

3 Likes

They’re not incels for picking the race they want to play. Sure, your reasoning is partly true, but that doesn’t mean all players are like that. Some pick elves just because they identify as one in the fantasy world.

1 Like