FF14 - Why is it so loved?

There are two midlevel, not endgame, dungeons with unskippable cutscenes and you are rewarded with a ton of exp for your time

1 Like

Bloodborne is my favorite anime

7 Likes

It’s a fun game that doesn’t try too hard or take itself too seriously. It has a LOT of content…like a LOT to level through. It also has a good storyline between those. If you like the anime aesthetic, that’s great and if you don’t, well, you wouldn’t play the game.

It’s also an MMO of an established and well-liked franchise.

I don’t love it.

Blizzard could learn from that…

I’m a fan of more slice of life anime, like ‘March Comes in Like a Lion’ :slight_smile:

I like MMOs of all kind not just World of Warcraft, FFXIV is one of those MMOs. Obviously not everyone will like the style of game FFXIV which is just fine. As for why I enjoy it, I’ve played all the other FF games and enjoyed them so when I FFXIV came out I was excited to get to play an FF mmo.

This, but unironically.

Talkin’ crap in a thread before now.

Don’t bring up prettier waifus. Gnomes and Goblins are second to none. Any woman who can blow away half a house is top material. Show me a race like that in FFXIV.

In all seriousness - if WoW’s customization reached that tier, I’m pretty sure more people would play.

1 Like

Metal Gear Rising then. Got it

2 Likes

Oh I meant no irony

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

Fair enough!

1 Like

not-so-secret Tom Cruise fetishists.

I don’t care what anyone says, ALL of the player models look like Tom Cruise or Meg Ryan, and once you see it it can’t be unseen.

1 Like

Ok, WoW’s short races won’t get you put on an FBI watch list for playing them, I’ll give it that over the Lalafell for sure.

I want to play FF14, friends and guildies pulls me back to WoW.

There, still stuck with WoW.

Hey look, it’s Tom Cruise.

2 Likes

No, that’s Meg.

2 Likes

I mean, they get you on a watch list on certain RP servers. Just not the type that can be shared here. .-.

Better lore
Better classes
Better dung and quest system
Better RNG system

1 Like