FF14 lost 30% of playerbase in 1 month

Nice attempt at a troll.

The grind part of the new expansion launch is over for a lot of people, now folks can raid log, or log in much less frequently. I know it’s a hard concept for the sunk cost fallacy playerbase that still play WoW, but - get this - you don’t have to login every day in FFXIV.

5 Likes

So just enough the servers are stable again? Because there’s still a queue on -every- sever -every- day.

At almost -all- times of day.

FFXIV is doing more than fine. Blizzard only wishes WoW had as much steam right now.

5 Likes

Well you kinda have to if you do any end game content that would also require you to log into wow daily.

There were queues at the drought peak of shadowbringers. There are queues because their servers have much lower capacity.

1 Like

And yet even with a much “lower” server capacity during a drought, it was NOWHERE (!!!) near as dead as most WoW servers. Nowhere.

WoW is killing itself with poor gameplay decisions and all your copium isn’t going to change that.

11 Likes

How would you know? Standing near the aetheryte in limsa lominsa? Big surprise.

People play FF14 through Steam? Huh.

2 Likes

Well, they kicked out all the trial accounts during prime time and you still couldn’t log in even with a paid sub. People got pissed and left. yeah yeah, muh coof, chip shortages, they had two years to prep for this and they screwed the pooch.

I play ff14 strictly for the story. Unsub when done.

Going to play eso I think. WoW will lake has be here for my farming

1 Like

I’d love to love eso, but the combat is… to put it bluntly, trash.

Great crafting imo though, but selling your crafts? They have the most archaic system i’ve seen.

2 Likes

Ehh I love elder scrolls lore. I’ve played the game and it’s combat isn’t great but I don’t hate it. It’s basically an action rpg.

However I love the stories, world and lore.

It feels weird to say this because the game is nothing like wow, but talking to npcs and getting involved in the storylines feels like old school wow and Everquest to me

1 Like

I can see that.

I’m just not a story guy haha. But I love the classes and they way they work, I just hate how it never feels like you’re actually hitting anything.

That’s how MMOs are. Big surge of players at the start of the expansion and then a downtrend as players finish the content and unsub for one reason or another. Only to resub again when new content comes out.

2 Likes

First off this is the WoW forums. Second playerbase went up by over 100%. And 30% didn’t wanna deal with the insane queues to get into the game seems fair. Still has more users than wow right now. There is still a consistent queue to log in. I think the game is doing fine.

3 Likes

I like how people are getting upset that FFXIV lost active player base but looked the other way when endwalker was constantly hyped in the wow forums where it didn’t belong

No, it’s a troll. Ever played the game Pigskins?

LMAO gotta love the FF fanpeople that whenever you post something negative about their precocious FF they reply with things like this. Yet I don’t see you posting this in the FF threads here about people bragging about that POS mmo.

Gonna need source on that claim. How can you say queue is any proof when servers have wildly different specs and capacity? And beside, even if it was true, a major expansion just got released. Didn’t shadowlands smash records of sales?

… I don’t play Final Fantasy. I hated the game when I tried it. I made a popular joke around here.

Projecting much?

1 Like

If you do get a source, it will likely be from a clickbait Youtube video. That’s on the off chance they do give a source.

FFXIV has notoriously cheap servers too, something Yoshi P admitted to and also admitted to trying to upgrade during the pandemic, to no avail.

Also true… it smashed sale records that FFXIV didn’t even come close to scratching.

None of this fits the WoW doomsday narrative though so instead, people just do gymnastics so that they can conclude that 5 hour login queues = healthy successful game.