FF14 lost 30% of playerbase in 1 month

On Steamchart , FF14 already lost -30% Players in 1 Month after expansion release

Players are already massively quitting the game after 1 month !

WTF ? FF14 is dead ? FF HYPE already over ??

23 Likes

I can barely tolerate one MMO, let alone care about another.

19 Likes

FF forums are that way ---->

43 Likes

I said it with regards to WoW and the same is true for FF14.

FF14, like every MMO on the planet, is a seasonal game. As people finish up the new content they tune out until the next content patch. This is not a shock nor is it unusual. It’s also not unusual when WoW dips during the off season. Half the problem with Shadowlands is that Blizzard has been dragging its feet so hard with content patches that the “off season” is nearly a year.

62 Likes

I don’t play FF14 through Steam.

48 Likes

Just like when we discussed 30% player drop one month after the SLs release…

It is normal to see a substantial drop in players shortly after an x-pack release

15 Likes

It’s a good game, better than WoW in a lot of areas, but those cutscenes.

9 Likes

FF devs I heard kind of encourage people to take the breaks. The only thing keeping people constantly back is for fear of losing their house I think.

WoW kind of drags it out so as to keep having you come back.

18 Likes

Endwalker was massively over hype already cancelled my sub

3 Likes

wtf -30% players in 1 month , this is insane no ?

The only reason people played it was to play with the streamers.

The streamers have quit so their fans have also quit.

2 Likes

You have to understand it was inflated by hype.
What you’ll see now is more of the typical numbers.
The more loyal fans.

1 Like

don’t tell them :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If you’re going to act like a child, at least do it on the right sub:

17 Likes

I don’t think that’s the right read. The main reason people were hyped for Endwalker is because it was the final chapter in a story 10 years in the making. Now at about a month out, people are wrapping up the main story and are moving on with the next thing in their lives. When you finish your favorite TV show, you stop watching it but it stays your favorite. Same here.

19 Likes

No, it’s because FF14 has a different model. They release more patches more frequently throughout an expansion, and casual players who don’t raid (like myself) will play the story when it releases, hang out and enjoy the new stuff for a while, then leave until the next patch.

They encourage people to take breaks and play other games instead of trapping you in constant “if you don’t log in every day you’ll be behind” grinds.

35 Likes

same, as a 1.0 player i got no choice but to use the square launcher to play

3 Likes

That’s how it generally goes, though, isn’t it? People all buy the thing, play it, then a lot of people quit.

1 Like

It helps to look at FF14 as more of a JRPG than as an MMO. That’s the main draw with its content patches. Whenever a big RPG release on another platform do you expect it to remain in the public eye for months and months or do you expect it to be a massive initial flash followed by a steady tapering as everyone finishes the game?

4 Likes

You really showed the FFXIV people!! They must feel so bad now!!

:smirk:

11 Likes