FF14 lost 30% of playerbase in 1 month

Except FFXIV isn’t a TV show. It does have a lot of content outside the main story. It’s just that people only endured the game because their favorite streamers played it. Since those streamers have quit, they have nothing else to play for.

It just isn’t a very good game. Then again, neither is WoW.

4 Likes

Yes… which is why 70% of its playerbase is still playing. But that’s not every single player. There are plenty who only play for the story.

Were there some who were streamer-chasing? Undoubtedly. But most streamer-chasers I saw were people who already played the game and were excited to welcome the streamer into their fold.

8 Likes

Inb4 banished to the Off-Topic section :slight_smile:

1 Like

Almost all of the 30% that left were streamer chasers hoping to get into the transmog competitions and mount offs.

There’s a reason that certain a data center’s population skyrocketed when certain streamers started playing on them. And there’s a reason that same data center has taken the biggest hit.

Are there people that enjoy FFXIV? Sure… of course there are. But the hype for it has always been artificial. They have a niche fanbase that is passionate and vocal, often nicknamed “FF cultists,” but that doesn’t necessarily translate to to the game doing well.

Shadowlands at the end of the day still outsold Endwalker. By a lot.

2 Likes

No, this is a hating of FF, so it get to stay that way it can show all those FF players just how bad it is. Now if this was on the flip side of the argument then it be banished right away.

3 Likes

Are you trying to sneak a hit in at those dang WoW-haters? Is that what the stake in this conversation is? Because if so you’re preaching to the choir my dude. I am subbed to both games because I enjoy and actively play both games. I intend to continue to play both games. And I firmly believe that the WoW community’s perception of WoW as a game is a lot worse than it actually is. The doomsaying hype for WoW is very real and definitely inflated the positive hype for FF14. I swear no one hates WoW more than WoW players. But I tend to take both the praise for FF14 and the criticism for WoW both with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

So, by “streamers” you specifically mean Asmongold. Got it.

Plenty of streamers who started this last year are still playing. You can play more than 1 game at a time.

2 Likes

My dude, he’s a troll, and that’s all he does. Ignore and move on.

5 Likes

They’re just one of same low level player who uses an classic avatar and hide their profile. Simply a troll who too scared to show their real face.

4 Likes

We hold a similar position then. Only thing we disagree on is I find FF14’s story to be pretty boring and uninteresting, and certainly not worth subbing over.

I find that WoW’s fans actually believe the game to be bigger than it really is.

6 Likes

The irony here is that Reshyk and I actually share a lot of similar views. So by calling me a troll you also call him one.

Please don’t interject in OUR conversation with ad hominem attacks.

2 Likes

Arena forums shunned the shizz outta ya, so you found another section to bother people lmao?! You’re a clown and very pathetic. Your schtick is piss poor, but I’m sure you’ve noticed.

2 Likes

Nope, you got ignored off Arena forums so you come here to bother people who don’t know your angle. Bye loser.

7 Likes

OP is just stiring the pot. He knows that the FF fans will take the bait.

2 Likes

Well here the fact that FF is not afraid to show their numbers; however, Blizzard has made it impossible to know how many are still around. So, there no way of knowing who has a larger player base now.

3 Likes

I still post regularly to the arena section, not that it matters to this conversation. I am actually very well-liked and respected there so I’m not sure what you’re on about. I don’t think I’ve ever even had a discussion with you.

Also, again, do you have any arguments besides ad hominem attacks?

Just calling it as I see it. What the matter hit it right on the nose did it?

1 Like

FF14 doesn’t release their absolute numbers either, but there’s a lot more variables you can use to examine it than WoW.

Blizz is so airtight about that stuff now because if it got out Investors would freak the eff out because of the bad PR in how the report would read.

6 Likes