FF14 is just a fad. Nothing more

sylvanas destroyed teldrassil to send their souls to the jailer. the ardenweald covenant story line explains that if you havent done it. personally i thought sylvanas was the only warchief to make an achievement in the war. I found the horde vs alliance bs boring since tbc seeing as theyve never made any progress one way or the other. at least burning teldrasil and destroying undercity caused some war tragedies. some entertainment that finally brought out a drop of emotion from WoW players.

2 Likes

Its the opposite, Wow is now the fad. People come back for a month, see that its a copy past of the last 5 expansions patches and they are gone. In 6 months they come back for that month and are gone again…

16 Likes

You’re conveniently ignoring the fact that he’s continuing to play WoW, and his FFXIV streams get way more viewers than his WoW streams do.

4 Likes

Not so much ignoring that fact as I am ignoring his stuff altogether. I’m not a fan of his stuff.

You’ll fit right in insulting healers in XIV since SE seems to believe no one should play them anyways.

I tried FF14 but really hate their customer service staff. There are no refunds when they take sub out of your steam or personal wallet unlike WoW.

Its an immediate pass after that for me. The game itself is an absolute blast though.

I’m sure there are players who are tourists in FF14, who are checking out what all of the fuss is about. Some of them will keep playing it, others will grow bored and move on to other games. A lot of those players may not likely maintain a subscription with WoW for long though, they are looking for a game where they feel they are getting their money’s worth.

I for one love FF14, and still enjoy WoW in small doses.

Didn’t expect this guy to leave too.

Though then again, he’s a story guy, and story is worst part of WoW last few expansions.

2 Likes

I say good riddance because Pyromancer is a clickbaiter of the worse sort,

Dude literally said the Titans were the Void Lords.

Nobbel87 blows this guy out of the water

1 Like

He hates BFA but he has a poster of the Burning of Teldrassil on his wall?

lol c’mon man.

Edit: sorry, not a poster, a FRAMED ART PRINT.

Yeah Nobbel87 is better, but point is that people who were passionate about the game and it’s content, are finding enjoyment in other games now, and this reflects on playerbase too.

It also points out the issue with WoW lore, you need to theory craft since nothing is laid out for you, you need to go through novels, need to read this and that to try and patch things together, rather than getting it all in game.

That’s ok. I’ve been playing other MMO’s since… uhh… forever? I also have been playing WoW since Classic. Did y’all really only play this game and only this game?

I’ve played Everquest, Rift, SWTOR (raided here), Warhammer (many hours!), FFXIV (raided and am current level cap), ESO (hit cap), Archeage, Black Desert, Lost Ark, FLYFF, Tree of Savior…

I’ve played so many of these games over the years and had fun in a lot of them. It’s crazy to me if someone has played this game for as long as some of these people have and they AREN’T itching to try something new.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s healthy thing to do.

Though thing is, WoW gains no new players, all these players are from MMORPG circle, and now that WoW players are moving to try other games, it’ll be a considerable loss for playerbase.

We’ll see how it pans out.

Then why did you make a post :man_facepalming:

1 Like

As long as Blizzard does a course correction I think it will be fine. They could always just double then triple down on unpopular design choices, but I don’t think they would do that. At least not knowingly.

The last time I saw the game’s community this unhappy was during WoD, and they pulled a big, big turnaround with Legion. I loved Legion, and I know many others did too. It can happen.

It is a really good piece of art. I don’t think anyone has complained about the art team.

All videogames are fads @OP.

1 Like

Life is a fad eventually everyone stops doing it,

1 Like

Asmon has said multiple times he doesn’t care about money and he’ll play what he likes. He seems to really enjoy ff and said if he wasn’t streaming he’d have been maxed a while ago. So if the biggest WoW stream doesn’t want to come back wouldn’t most of the viewers stay over there?

Indeed, the pop cultures masses have short attention spans and before the new norm settles down for too long they will move on to whatever the next popular thing to hate and love is like clockwork.

This is an observable pattern if you are not a teen/early twenty something thinking that their particular fad is lasting and wont die the same death it predecessor did. And now we have that whole process sped up by the fickle nature of new media and social media.

Enjoy!