FF14 fad didn't last long

8 or 9 am on a Friday isn’t a good barometer for any game.

5 Likes

blizz is a pigsty.

1 Like

Maybe that’s true, it’s hard to get real numbers. If true, were the people who left, their normal players who have wrapped up content and have left, or were they X-WOWers.

Did WOW see a bump from returning players, is probably the more important question.

1 Like

You know it is funny when it comes to the people defending FFXIV it is either low level alts or the same faces every time. It is almost like they have been indoctrinated or something as for your arguments…

That did not stop FFXIV fans from using the same measurements against WoW. What is that saying about the goose and the Gander again?

Plus you did not defend this argument.

2 Likes

This is rich when you’re also a low-level alt.

10 Likes

They probably think their post will save more people from leaving…

3 Likes

Only because I would not put it past these people to make alts on my server just to harass me. That is somthing fanatics do after all.

2 Likes

OP is so used to problems being ignored for years on end by WoW devs he failed to notice the speed by which the FF devs fixed their login problem after communicating, repeatedly, to their playerbase exactly what the issues were and the steps they would be taking to fix them.

It’s kind of sad really.

22 Likes

Does it really matter if FFXIV is starting to see a slide (no clue if it is or not)? Having stronger competition is a good thing for WoW players as it will force the devs to take a good, long and hard look at their game and see the many issues with it over the last couple of years.

After all, I doubt WoW is blowing anyone’s doors off with their sub decline over the last month. They need to get back to what made the game great, and most of that isn’t in the current game.

3 Likes

Yet instead of playing FFXIV and I dont know enjoying the game you are here on WoW trying to hype up your own game.

If you are that confident in the quality of your game you should sit back and let the quality speak for itself.

1 Like

This right here.

Don’t know about chat but my Free Company is always talking.

At least on steam it looks like New World is going really well…and it’s not even fully released yet

Who cares? That weeb game cant claim more dominant than WoW anymore. Active players of WoW is way higher now that people came back for 9.1.

1 Like

This is what WoW needs honestly. They used to do it long ago when other MMOs came and tried to dethrone them, and it makes me wonder if Blizz just ignored the hell out of FF14 after they saw 1.0 release and went “LUL! it’s so trashy! No problem, We’re all good and still the king. FF14 is toast and DoA.” and ignored that 2.0 happened and the rapid uptick of active players and realm population from the release of Shadowbringers.

There’s lots of things WoW should learn from Yoshi P and the team, much as Yoshi P learned from WoW as a player himself long ago.

3 Likes

New World needs some work but the world looks great and the combat system can be improved. It really tries to stir away from the tab target combat that’s generic to lots of MMORPGs. I think New World can be good if they listen to player feedback the next few months.

FFXIV is the better MMORPG when compared to retail WoW. Obviously the PvP in that game is terrible but everything else is superior—from questing to the main story line to leveling alts and professions, and of course the uniqueness of each job with its own storyline. FFXIV devs were asked to play Cata/MoP when developing the game so its not a surprise why a lot of MMO players enjoy it. The gearing system is straight up justice/valor system from WoW that Ion and his team refuse to reintroduce for some odd reason.

9 Likes

/shrug
It has been.
All it’s awards speak to that.

I’m simply correcting some fanboy who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

2 Likes

That won’t last long. Blizzard content isn’t built to last anymore. So once COD is on farm it’ll fade away in like a month than incoming content draught 2.0 SL Addition.

1 Like

Rapid uptick? It took 8 years from the release of 2.0 to even really being considered comparable to WoW in player population

That is hardly a rapid uptick

3 Likes

What about the 47% WoW pop decline one month after SL?

4 Likes