FF14 fad didn't last long

Servers are no longer full. Current data have the games population trending back to what it was a month ago in the next 1-2 weeks (-30% decline from its peak).

Easily the fastest rise and fall of any MMO population in one month that puts WoW to shame.

22 Likes

Please, tell me more.

3 Likes

Let’s not open this can of worms too.

Just let it flutter away quietly.

8 Likes

I think you maybe mistaken.

trying to log in now I’m number 72 in que

105 Likes

I just tried as well, 24 people in queue ahead of me. It is not horrible and only takes half a minute of waiting but it is still there. This has been what I usually see, sometimes it gets up to 70 but usually it is in the 20-something range. I can’t speak for what it was like three weeks ago though since I just joined.

30 Likes

a low post count forum alt trying to stir up dirt about another MMO. wow we’ve never seen this before

39 Likes

They increased server caps. That’s why there is no login queue.

96 Likes

I saw the drop on the steam charts as well. Peaked out almost 70k and now almost back to 40k which was what it was before Asmongold hyped it. Hardly see any buzz about it anymore like 2 weeks ago.

4 Likes

The anti-WoW crowd no longer needs FF14 to stick it to Blizz
Blizz has provided everyone with enough controversy to keep them distracted

Plus FF14 has a horrible entry gate that a lot of players won’t make it through

12 Likes

You don’t seem to know how ffxiv servers work. They were never ‘full’ except for a few minutes here and there.

4 Likes

That does not counter the other arguments.

1/3 is still a loss.

That is the thing about reaching the moon. There is no point if you cannot make it safely back to Earth.

1 Like

Some were trying out the free login campaign and then that ran out.

I am still subbed, but will be going to play something else next month, then going back to the gane for the FFXV campaign. Then leaving again until Endwalker release.

This is very common in the game. Lots of people sub in bouts.

7 Likes

72? I’m #403, I believe I’m a little bit jealous.

Semper Fi! :us:

9 Likes

Still cant just let people like multiple things, huh?
Man you are fun.

9 Likes

Hope FFXIV does well!

More people enjoying things is good.

17 Likes

Everything you said here is false. Nice try though, we already know they upped population caps to each server, and they still have queus.

You also can’t use steam population numbers as a majority of the playerbase dont use steam.

So please, come up with another way to try to crap on the game.

24 Likes

Isn’t it great using solid facts to prove dumb people wrong? Also, there is still a queue, so I’m not sure where the OP is getting his info.

11 Likes

Odd, still a queue to get into mine

3 Likes

You mean if I were to say something like ‘I’m glad Simone Biles has left the Olympics to keep her mental and physical health intact’, or ‘I’m glad Colin Kaepernick used his Constitutional right to kneel while the anthem was played because he wanted to protest injustices’, I might be banned there? Dang, glad I don’t play FF14 then.

1 Like

Everyone’s busy trying the New World beta, and laughing at blizzard on these forums for the recent Elune cinematic, atrocious story decisions, the new “tier set” (that still makes me lol), and of course the Cosby Crew LMAO

6 Likes