Feral spec bonuses

Season 1 would be the easiest to balance to make it good for the season. They did change the tree up so itd be hard to tell. Season 3 with convoke build is fun for ST with burn, but having a burn applied over 20 seconds based on the damage you do makes it awkward for dungeons. I rather have stats vs applying a burn, only thing it would be good with is eranog ring. Overall feral does need an aoe buff regardless. There is a lot of ramp for no reward rn for s3, Thats why s1 might just be better, talent wise as well.

1 Like

I really wish they would have listed the set bonuses above the poll, so I didn’t have to go somewhere else to view them.

2 Likes

Season 1

• (2) Set Bonus: Rip & Ferocious Bite damage increased by 6%.

• (4) Set Bonus: For each combo point spent, finishing moves increase your Rip, Rake, and Thrash damage by 2% and increase the chance for Shred, Rake, Swipe / Brutal Slash, and Thrash to Critically Strike by 2% for 4 seconds.

Season 2

• (2) Set Bonus: Your auto-attacks have a 25% chance to grant Shadows of the Predator, increasing your Agility by 1%. Each application past 5 has an increasing chance to reset to 2 stacks. (Proc chance: 25%, 100ms cooldown)

• (4) Set Bonus: When a Shadows of the Predator application resets stacks, you gain 8% increased Agility and you generate 1 combo point every 2 secs for 8 sec.

Season 3

• (2) Set Bonus: Feral Frenzy grants Smoldering Frenzy, increasing all damage you deal by 20% for 8 sec.

• (4) Set Bonus: Feral Frenzy’s cooldown is reduced by 15 sec. During Smoldering Frenzy, enemies burn for 10% of damage you deal as Fire over 10 sec.

For reference, the S2 requires a weakaura to even use effectively, and prior to it’s proc rate buff it used to be really bad as you’d end up losing close to 12% agi when it finally procced.

It MIGHT be a little better now that Ashamanes Guidance was murdered (It was basically doubling up on the effect which lead to a lot of cp pressure, but the set was awkward to play with in general, as you didn’t want to over cap your cps, which meant if it procced you needed to wait, or send a finisher early if you wanted to keep rolling your gcd during the buff.

1 Like

I don’t understand why more people want to have season 3. Season 1 literally saved Feral druid in AoE situations, and Feral druid has never lacked in ST. Feral really doesn’t need an ST oriented tier set. Having season 1 would be a lot more beneficial overall especially in a “fated season” Don’t get me wrong I do like season 3, but I’m pretty sure the overall benefits in raid/dungeons, Feral having more guarenteed AoE, is just far more worth than just having extra ST damage, that does some AoE.

3 Likes

S1 best for keys (the only thing that will matter)

2 Likes

people like having fun and season 3 tier set is the most engaging one by far and buffs a button that feels too weak without the tier bonus and makes it feel nice and good to press

2 Likes

I don’t get it either. The season 2 set didn’t out perform season 1 until you had the the full set leveled up. Season 3 while not as bad as 2 was similar.

This tier is so damn bad I switched to playing a monk.

S1 set is only marginally better in M+ ‘overall’ dmg and still worse on prio/single-target damage in keys than S3. The set was good for its time in S1 relative to other specs yes, but you had other things like 25% circle in 10.02 and a busted RF in 10.05.

S3 set is strong, the reason Feral is bad in keys is due to various nerfs since S1 and also most of the current broken DPS key classes had reworks or brand new specs added (Aug, Havoc, Fire, Outlaw etc), and Boomie just innately being better in keys due to Starfall being nuts + their talent setup not losing much for insane AOE.

I don’t care if its S1 or S3 but don’t expect S1 to save the spec in keys. It doesn’t help there’s often only 2 DPS slots for keys because every group prefers to have an Aug, and Boomie/other options are just way better to fill those last 2 DPS slots. The game has changed significantly since S1, we playing in Augmentation hell now with less space in groups and less diverse metas.

edit: S3 will have some benefits with proccing the two Fire rings as well which you can presumably get with dinars, which will be really good for M+. Thinking of switching my vote to S3 because flaring cowl range was awful to play and S3 gets these nice benefits for M+.

6 Likes

People bring feral to Mythic raids. They really don’t to M+. That is likely the reason.

i run with friends on my main so i only have my alts who i run up to 18s atm on but i havent had a single group prefer a aug. its always seemed to be based on io ilvl and what classes we already have. i have pugged with more dev than aug. as far as keys go i tend to forget aug even exist i see them so rarely so i hope your talking about keys that are atleast 20+

Try the 25+ :wink:

thats why i was asking. yea i got no desire to pug 25s that sounds horrible. hopefully my friends wrist heals up soon and we can get back to pushing above 20s since we have a filler healer who just got most of his portals last week

Yes in harder keys Aug is almost locked, two seasons in a row, because it helps your group live, largely by making tanking + healing significantly easier, but also through other buffs. We are now seeing 2x Fire mage groups get more and more popular every day as 2x Mass Barrier can somewhat supplement Aug survivability benefit (why on earth they gave this spell to the consistently best M+ spec I don’t know).

They need to revert Nature’s Vigil+POTP so we can bring some survivability to groups again, then look into things like Rip/Sabertooth/RF/TOW/Slash/Thrash/FM and everything else for M+, but I frankly don’t feel confident Feral’s issues can be fixed this season let alone this expansion as it’s not just buffs we need but Aug/Havoc/Fire/Outlaw and so on needs to be addressed as well.

There is a real issue with Blizzard and ‘reworks’ (specs who had talent tree reworks) significantly overperforming and them not being addressed fast enough - last seasons god comp were all reworks (Guardian/Aug/Fire/HPal and to an extent Shadow). It leaves me with little optimism because some of the things they bake into these reworks are overtuned defensives and utility which aren’t as easy to nerf as numbers.

I’ve already done enough time of copium and hard yakka trying to play this spec in M+ in Shadowlands when Destro/Survival did 40% more dmg than anyone and Blizzard not doing a single thing about it for two seasons, so I’m jaded at this point, but it would be nice to see Feral adjusted so I can push once again in the long wait for next xpac.

It’s honestly such a downside for me because I don’t run said talent and refuse to change my build to focus around it. That set bonus is wasting away.

I didn’t use a WA and did fine. That being said this isn’t a defense of the set. I believe that gaining combo points not connected to builders over time feels awful. Even in berserk windows it’s not great, though at least then we have overcap protection.

But yeah, people voting s2 are definitely griefers and likely haven’t played and don’t ever play feral.

i mean thats just a you problem lol

That’s fine and dandy, but they did mention that they intended for the tier sets to be worked around a specific ability this tier.

Nothing wrong with not choosing it (can still proc off of Convoke though for what that’s worth).

Season 2 is the best! Everyone should vote for Season 2!

LOL Aug Fire mage is still meta this season!.

Season 3 lets gooo!