Feral Druids, MCP, lockout

You guys are complaining about the wrong thing.

You should be complaining that some level 30 weapon from the worst dungeon in the game is your best weapon.

You shouldn’t WANT to farm it forever.

4 Likes

even farming MCP’s I’ve never hit the instance cap. I’m not crazy enough to spend 6 hours of my time dedicated to MCP farming each day. You don’t need that many each week, even if you’re parsing.

2 Likes

When did lrbs start dropping level 30 weapons?

1 Like

Now would actually be the best time to just make it unique. All the ferals would move to the AQ mace soon enough and wouldn’t have to worry about running gnomer another thousand times before classic ends…

But muh parses blizzard please care about muh parses

1 Like

yea i rather have my zg fishing pole but hey if there a spreadsheet somewhere that you are willing follow as long as am not carrying you i don’t care .

I have no idea what all those words add up to. Was that a commentary on my comment about lrbs? I don’t even

I mean, it’s the best 2h weapon in the game for everyone, actually…

It just happens to also fully function for ferals.

Personally I would rather have better and better stat sticks (with feral power added on) than depend on that L30 weapon. I mean we don’t get to actually see the weapon when using it, so I could care less if it was a blob of mud at the end of the day.

People should honestly just be quiet about MCP. Blizzard isn’t going to buff the item to add a bunch of charges. They aren’t going to buff druids. If they do anything, its going to be to nerf the MCP into the ground.

2 Likes

Actually it’s probably just going to be “sit back and not give a damn and just let people constantly complain on the forums because we don’t actually read anything they post anyways.”

Yeah, people can argue whether using it is “abuse” of a mechanic or just overuse, but the only way this outcry over MCP ends is with it being made unique if Blizzard does care enough to take action.

There is no way they would make it have unlimited charges or increase the number of charges; they’re not going to buff a low level item to increase its raid usage…

They’ll just force druids to start using the “intended” weapons like the Qiraji war hammer.

2 Likes

Yeah, fully agree there. It’s already stronger than might of menethil when active (for all classes) and fully raid buffed. It shouldn’t be further buffed because druids cant farm quite as many.

Nah. They’re definitely complaining about the right thing.

The only CD on MCP is the 30s CD for the on use after swapping to it. This means that your dedicated feral is starting the fight with 90s of 50% increased attack speed. If for some reason the fight will be longer than 120s, they’ll swap in the next one and repeat. No amount of raw stats or bonus feral AP will ever compete with 90s of 50% increased attack speed.

Making MCP unique would not fix or help feral, it would kill it outright as a dps, especially on horde side where they don’t get windfury and BoK doesn’t exist, as well as nuking their bear threat.

The best that could be done to mimic how ferals use MCP is to change the effect to an on use 50% attack speed boost with a 90s duration, and a 30s CD that starts when the effect ends. Anyone who just read that effect will see that it’s an insane on use effect. There’s the real problem with feral revealed. It takes farming MCPs to create what is essentially a completely broken on use effect before their specs are viable, must less competitive.

I think what many players are starting to realize is that these metas they’re playing exist for a speed running community. Bringing enough MCPs for a raid should mean 3 or 4, but if fights are long and wipes happen, it could mean 9 or 10. It’s the same issue with world buffs. If you’re not going to wipe and clear BWL+MC+Ony in less than 2h, collecting them is completely worth the time investment. If you’re going to wipe on Vael because one of your warriors forgot to bring a LIP, then there goes 6h of buff camping within the first 10m of raid start.

1 Like

Nah. That’s how it was in vanilla and we knew what we were getting into when we signed up for it.

It doesn’t take 6 hours of farming instances to hit the cap of 30 every 24 hours. You can do 5 MCP runs in 15 minutes. Then you can log out and/or do other things.

Nah, they’d still have to farm MCPs, they’d just have to select which bosses to use their charges on. MCP is still better than the AQ mace.

I hope they don’t do either, honestly. The weapon should remain as it was in vanilla. There isn’t any other fix needed than removing the cap that wasn’t in vanilla.

Anyone willing to farm MCPs should be allowed to use them. Doesn’t matter if it was “intended” or not. It works the way it’s supposed to.

way to take what I said out of context?
6 hours worth of MCP farming in a day (aka 24 hours). No one does this and no one has actually SHOWN a legitimate issue with the instance cap because no one is actually getting to that instance cap.

1 Like

It’s not taken out of context at all.

Taking something out of context would be removing the surrounding context of the quote for the purposes of changing the meaning of what was said.

Your point is that you wouldn’t want to spend 6 hours of your time to farm MCPs each day, so you can’t believe that anyone else would either. Nothing I left out of the quote changes that statement. Also, the quote in its entirety can be viewed by clicking the arrows and just reading the full post.

My point, in response, is that it doesn’t take 6 hours of your time to farm MCPs.

Don’t use that “way to take me out of context” crap on me. It’s nonsense and you know it. Address the arguments.

This is utter tripe. People are hitting the 30 instance cap VERY easily. Just because you refuse to believe the people that tell you they hit the cap just because you PERSONALLY can’t/don’t hit the cap doesn’t mean no one does.

prove it bud - If all these people are hitting cap so easily there should be tons of images all over reddit with people hitting cap. If people were “easily” hitting instance cap Blizzard would change the max instance value. You might disagree with their changes but they aren’t dumb and they weren’t put in without any foresight

Unfortunately, there are really no others “like” the AQ Hammer.

2 changes would go a looooooong way:
1: make rogue tier gear usable by druids
2: Introduce the feral AP stat to more existing endgame weapons.