Feral Druids, MCP, lockout

I said to make it unique weeks ago.

It’s literally the best solution.

Not sure who needs more than 10 MCPs for BWL…

The first 2 bosses die before it would even end.

You can run the dungeon 210 times a week, why would you need more than 20 a week.

Even if you only did 200 runs, that’s atleast 60 MCPs, there is literally no way you’re burning that many. That’s 180 uses a week.

Yep, exactly. I’ve said as much in other threads.

The real problem here isn’t lock outs. Its that feral druids best weapon comes from a level 30-35 dungeon. Too bad the ‘no changes’ crowed refuses to acknowledge classic has significant problems when it comes to itemization and classes in general.

It’s also technically BiS for ret Paladins and 2h fury warriors, but it’s less of a big deal for us.

Right, because you have a wide variety of alternatives at endgame.

Yeah. Also things like hand of rag can get good crit strings and beat MCP on short fights for us.

Blizzard messed up making a level 30 mace the strongest 2h in game across the board.

Yeah the item really should have been unique all along. It’s such an absurd gimmicky thing, and I am surprised a dev never thought through what 50% haste for 30 seconds could do. Certainly MCP was not designed thinking “this will let feral cats crank out stupid levels of DPS in raid settings at endgame” I understand that making mcp unique at this point would absolutely decimate a decade of theory crafting around feral dps, but honestly a blizzard dev could convince me that that change would be “within the spirit of vanilla”

In hindsight using charges should damage the weapon by 33% per use and you get your charges back when you repair it but this most likely won’t be implemented in the game when there are much larger fish to fry

Anything that makes MCP reusable makes it just the forever BiS weapon for 2h users.

Only for druids because their form damage ignores weapon damage.

So they’d have to full repair a weapon after every fight? They would continue farming multiple pummelers. If the item was made unique, feral would be completely trashed. There is no graceful solution to pummelers that preserves their function.

Nope. Before you even hit 2000 AP it out scales might of menethil in dps even when you DO hit with the weapon.

It’s just a much larger gain for druids because they dont have to catch up on weapon damage first.

How many 2h fury warriors are stepping into AQ or Naxx? MCP doesn’t outscale raid warrior dps, which leaves just enh shams or ret pallies to benefit from the boost. I’m also skeptical that hitting 50% faster with a level 29 blue item isnt’ horrendously outscaled by any weapon with real dps. MCP is a druid exclusive issue.

MCP retains the full 2.0 speed attack power scaling while swinging at 1.33 speeds (or 1.29 if counterweighted).

This means that you are getting your full attack power scaling 50% more often than you would be otherwise.

So let’s look at a character with 2000 AP (+143 weapon dps) using both a MoM and MCP.

MoM 289 - 435 damage, 3.8 speed.
Average damage without AP: 362
Average damage with AP: 905
Autoattack dps: 238

(I’m going to ignore crit, armor, miss chance, etc, as they affect both MoM and MCP equally)

MCP 46 - 70, 2.0 speed (1.33 hasted)
Average damage without AP: 58
Average damage with AP: 344
Dps (unhasted): 171
DPS (active hasted): 258.6

So it stays BiS for rets, and if alliance warriors (for mace skill) used 2h weapons they’d use it too. (Since is scales multiplicatively with flurry on warriors, it becomes even better there)

It’s just an absurdly broken weapon.

They see complaints, they are not going to change a level 30 weapon so more people can raid with it though.

You can go read the thread that announced the change. There’s dozens of people saying they hit the cap on a regular basis. That’s not including all the people that simply don’t do instances anymore because they’re afraid to hit the cap and be unable to do something else on a moment’s notice.

They were, actually. The changes do not at all combat the things they were described to. They only negatively impact the gameplay of legitimate players, while botters and cheaters can simply swap realms.

That’s not a solution at all. That only makes the situation even worse than it already is.

At the expense of being able to do ANYTHING ELSE the rest of the week.

Not necessarily. RNG is RNG.

How convenient that you personally do not believe the things that are being curtailed were not intended to be curtailed by the change.

Really? You can play none of the 99.99999% of non instanced content for the rest of the week? Not to mention 40 man raids?

1 Like

Our guild’s feral and every competent guild’s feral on our server hits the cap farming MCPs. They don’t sit down for 6 hours and farm, they do a 5 quick runs every couple of hours. It only takes them ~20m to do 5 runs. That’s only 2 hours of them sitting down to farm to hit the instance cap.

It’s embarrassing when people who barely play this game begin to assert how more dedicated players play this game.

That feeling when you’re at 120 runs w/ only 6 MCP’s :frowning: