Feral button bloat

I’m certain it could be done, but I’m not sure if that’s really a spec I would enjoy playing. The pace of the spec has major impacts on the balance of bleeds versus direct damage, snapshotting potency, cooldown power and usage, and so on. There are a lot of things that would need to be adjusted through talents to give players such a choice. Unless one style was drastically overtuned compared to the other, when considering the average power level of each talent point, you would need most of the tree being effectively a choice between fast and slow. It’s doesn’t really seem fun to me if my entire spec tree are choices between increased bleed output and increased energy.

Seems like they already enforce that choice by the spec change whiplash.

What I’m saying is that when Blizzard chooses a singular design direction, whether fast or slow, they can tailor everything about the kit with that constraint in place. Slowing the spec down means they can increase bleed damage and/or make cooldowns more potent because the upper limit on how many cycles you can perform is lower. Whereas if Blizzard tried to offer both a fast or slow play style based on talent choices, all of those balancing decisions now have to also be contained within the talent system. And unless Blizzard is okay with there being some master switch talent just for feral druid that makes wholesale playstyle changes, a significant portion of the spec tree would have to be choices between the two play styles.

Regardless which style I prefer, I would much rather Blizzard pick a lane so the talent system can offer a variety of ways to change how the spec plays and performs rather than having to dump the majority of my points into fairly boring bleed or energy increases that in totality comprise a competitive performing spec.