Feral button bloat

I mean this entire post is just a complaint that feral has more than 3 buttons to press. I suspect it’s not so much that Adaptive Swarm is a problem unto itself as much as it’s another button to press if specced. Of course the natural response is to just not spec it if you don’t want the button, but that might require someone to not play the mathematical optimal build in their normal raid and +7s, and that’s just unacceptable to some.

2 Likes

You’re not required to take the talents for Moonfire, Adaptive Swarm, or Bloodtalons. The only reason why you’re required to take Feral Frenzy this season is because of the tier set. Also, how does Bloodtalons contribute to button bloat?

1 Like

If you go the bleed build, adaptive swarm is important in pvp. Having a 25% bonus damage to your bleeds every 25 seconds is great in blitz brawl. I combine rip and adaptive swarm into one key on my MMORPG mouse.

Fair. I haven’t done PvP much in general, especially not as Feral, so I wasn’t aware of this. Might try getting into PvP on Feral for TWW, though.

Yeah, some people get really uppity about the smallest of things, lol.

I just miss my resto bees. :frowning:

its weird though. swarm for ferap is pretty much the same as having mangle back in the day. couldnt they just bring back mangle and bake swarm into it? i got nothing against it and i think its a cool ability but from the standpoint of what it does its weird since it has a cooldown and mangle didnt

No, I do not want mangle back.

Swarm is better because you use it once and don’t need to again for 12 seconds. If you combine all the bonus damage it gives directly to your bleeds plus the damage it does by itself, swarm is a decent talent. Unfortunately, you have to give up something else to get it. If it was further up the tree I would not complain so much. I gave up Berserk: Frenzy to get it because fights happen a lot more often than every 2 minutes.

Sure, you can take someone out really fast if needed with the help of Berserk: Frenzy, but that is only once every 2 minutes. I have many more fights inbetween that which are just as important in Blitz Brawl. Can’t wait around every 2 minutes just to take out one person fast.

You don’t need the swarm capstone talent though. That’s a good thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea not needing the capstone is a really nice +

My issue with feral is that its button bloat is boring and repetitive. Oh you have to keep up 1 bleed? Here, keep up another bleed. Oh you have an aoe spender to upkeep? Here’s another that you don’t cap the charges on. If they trimmed 1-2 up keep buttons and made something more thematically interesting I’d probably enjoy it more.

Also FB spam is just boring wack a mole. At this point we’re just a crappy affliction lock. Which is ironic considering people would rather run with an aff lock than a feral in beta.

1 Like

There is a talent which removes Thrash from your rotation

Enhancement shaman is 100x worse. At least with feral you don’t have to spam the bleed buttons every few seconds.

My main issue with feral right now is how fluid form operates. Your toon will NOT switch forms by simply hitting shred or mangle unless you have an enemy targetted and are within range. Obviously I’m not saying mangle and shred should hit your target when out of range, but it should definitely switch you into the proper form. And no… this doesn’t mean we would get full powershifting back. The one global cooldown can still exist.

If I use mangle, I should switch to bear form whether I have a target or not. Why is that so hard for Blizzard to understand?

I’d like a talent option for applying Moonfire with something else (Rake or Swipe), but I wouldn’t want to take away the option to direct cast it for range (PvP or jousting), so not sure that would fix the bloat, but at least it wouldn’t be another rotational skill.

I hate Tiger Fury spam. No other spec has to keep that uptime on a button for a flat 27% damage buff to remain at non competitive damage numbers. It’s the definition of bloat. I get it restores your regen… but I feel like they can find a way to bake this into something else.

Go play an outlaw rogue that needs to keep slice n dice up. And all it provides is a small haste buff. Be glad tiger’s fury does bonus damage LOL :slight_smile:

Just remapped my keybinds. Definitely no button bloat. But the shapeshifting stuff is annoying for reasons mentioned in a previous post. Here are my keybinds:

01 - Wild charge in travel form
02 - All forms macro
03 - Bear form / Cat form for snare breaks in combat
04 - Skull bash and wild charge combined, both in cat form
05 - Ferocious bite, renjuvenation, tiger’s fury
06 - Shred, regrowth
07 - Maim cat form, strength of the wild bear form (pvp)
08 - Rip, adaptive swarm
09 - Rake, prowl, tiger’s fury
10 - Cyclone
11 - Feral Frenzy
12 - Moonfire

(Mouse 4) – Mighty Bash (physical)
(Mouse 1) – Mass Entangle (nature)
(Mouse 2) – Root (nature)

(Shift 01) –
(Shift 02) –
(Shift 03) –
(Shift 04) – Wild charge bear form
(Shift 05) – Barkskin, bear form, frenzied regen, iron fur, (no tea pot)
(Shift 06) – Offense: tiger’s fury, berserk, trinket
(Shift 07) – Shadowmeld
(Shift 08) – Defense: barkskin, bear form, frenzied regen, ironfur, tea pot
(Shift 09) – Defense: trinket, barkskin, healthstone, survival instincts,
(Shift 10) – Stampeding Roar
(Shift 11) – Dash
(Shift 12) – Typhoon

(Alt 1) - Swipe
(Alt 2) - Primal Wrath

Control keys for mounting and arena focus macros

“No button bloat”

Proceeds to list like 31+ keybinds lmfao.

2 Likes

Yea, forgot to add DASH at my (Shift 11) keybind

Merge ST and AoE abilities, make them increase dmg as fewer target hits like outlaw’s bladeflury or prot paly’s avenger’s shield

Haha. Right?

The problem isn’t really button bloat, it’s the Aura and CD bloat. Too many things that never line up. And then there’s Blood talon…

Gave up on feral in season 3 and it was my main since vanilla.

1 Like

Would love if they could figure out a way in the trees to be able to separately choose whether you’d like a slow deliberate rotation, or the faster paced one. I’m sure it could be done to satisfy both camps of feral players.