Female Warlocks

Definition of warlock

1**:** a man practicing the black arts : — compare [WITCH]

If you select female you are a Witch, not a Warlock, just saying.

12 Likes

I thought defining a warlock as a male witch was something cooked up for the show “Bewitched” in the '60s.

That aside, the word has such a goofy etymological history, this always becomes a bit of a splitting hairs discussion.

14 Likes

Okay but I’m still gonna call my Human Female character a Warlock.

6 Likes

well blizzard had a foresight on the witch part
with the warlock class

Nah, not in WoW. Witches are those things in Drustvar. Warlocks are demon enslaving, fel users.

16 Likes

Female monks should be called nuns, too.

Edit: By OP’s logic, at least.

19 Likes

Nah, I’m a warlock. Just sayin’.

5 Likes

I mean in the D&D sense of the word, which is obviously not the same thing as the classic, mythological Warlock, it’s just someone who makes a pact with an otherworldly being for their power, typically something utterly alien and dangerous, unlike a Cleric which makes a deal with a God.

2 Likes

A female priest is a priestess.

7 Likes

I feel like a class ability to fly with the correct head gear would be fitting for a nun class.

3 Likes

who attacks nuns lol

1 Like

I mean a female priest would just be a Nun wouldn’t they?

A female Dan is a Danielle.

Not sure where I’m going with this.

13 Likes

It wouldn’t take spaghetti code to hot fix this today.

2 Likes

Dan-gerous territory.

5 Likes

This reminds me of a old thread way, way back in the day where some guy came up with the female equivalents for classes that should be used in WoW. If I remember correctly, “Battlemaiden” was a female paladin and “shawoman” was a female shaman. Yes, the post was a joke, though a lot of people took it seriously.

4 Likes

In Wiccan circles, both male and female practitioners of witchcraft are called witches.

As for warlock … " Old English wǣrloga ‘traitor, scoundrel, monster’, also ‘the Devil’, from wǣr ‘covenant’ + an element related to lēogan ‘belie, deny’. From its application to the Devil, the word was transferred in Middle English to a person in league with the Devil, and hence a sorcerer."

5 Likes

It’s ok, I already made my female undead warlock a male when gender swaps became free.

Better casting animations. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Salem’s populace definitely called men witches during the Witch Trials if I recall right.

1 Like

Piddy’s no witch. Call her a witch and she’ll drop an Infernal on your head vs turning you into a newt.

4 Likes