Fellow Void Elves - Log out at the barbershop!

Hmm. Very meta now thinking about it. :thinking:

This is absolutely wrong, ridiculous, and nearly slander.

1 Like

I can see you still don’t understand what factual story universe lore is.

In a story universe, this is a necessity. To tell a story. To develop a universe. To have rules for your main characters within the story. To have a base for others to build their own stories from.

Says the one screaming “LORE IS YOUR OPINION! RALLYS HAPPEN!” :roll_eyes:

You don’t need one to headcanon whatever you’d like to do. All I’m saying is that they do need to add it in so that we can have extended lore for Velfs, because their lore is lacking and a second generation would be a good idea. It would add a further developed storyline for people to use.

1 Like

This statement has nothing to do with what you quoted. So you’re not responding to/acknowledging what the WoW team has already stated.

And yes more lore for every race, including Velves, would be good all around. Like how do the Forsaken feel after however long we’ve been in Shadowlands about their capital being defunct, what reparations are Night Elves having in Teldrassil aftermath. How are the Sand Trolls getting along with the darkspear, why do Wildhammers start in the mountains?

More extended lore all around would be lovely.

1 Like

Says the person that want’s to imply that something right in front of them is not happening because Blizzard didn’t write ONE SENTENCE for them to read.

And yet all kinds of people in this thread are using the very same base to build their own stories with their characters as High Elves while you pretend it’s not happening because someone didn’t write one sentence for you.

That you need someone to write a sentence for you to “see” something that is right in front of your face. The story of High Elves in the game is being written by all the players that are running with it even though the sentence YOU require does not exist. If you need to limit your gameplay, that is your choice.

Actually what i am saying is you can have an opinion of what “lore” is and how it occurs because some folks (like you) need it written for them to “accept” it as lore and some folks (like me and others in this thread) who can look at something obvious and accept it.

Yep. Stopped reading there. You’re not interested in an actual conversation, you just want to argue for the sake of screaming at someone.

2 Likes

LOL, oh the irony.

Edit: Oh and no i am not “screaming” at anyone, just emphasizing.

Reparations? That would require blizz to give a single toss about nelves at all.

Probably about as they feel about most things. “Eh”.

Don’t start conversations where all you do is yell at someone “YOUR opinion!” over and over, then maybe you could actually get somewhere with a conversation. Food for thought. Enjoy your day.

1 Like

I’ll stop dying my hair black when they make a darker color.

1 Like

Rhielle is just saying that there isn’t anything in the game or lore that actually says those wayfarers and scholars are actually becoming Void Elves.

We just have em arriving and seemingly coming to study under Locus-Walker.

Far as the game lore is concerned every void elf player is still counted among the first generated during the recruitment scenario.

Thats not to say what you think is going on isn’t likely or that folk can’t play their high elf.

Just that its not stated in game anywhere.

You don’t have to see that as Rhielle saying you can’t be a high elf or cant play a high elf in the process of becoming a void elf or even a high elf who DID become a void elf after the fact.

(At least thats how I read what Rhielle is saying.)

I don’t need to “get” anywhere, my point was made the moment you replied and kept trying to say “no” and “headcannon” in some vein attempt to make me look “wrong” and that you were factually “right” or “correct”.

It has kept being made with every reply you have made since, that i pulled apart your assertion of fact as opinion and showed it for what it is (an opinion and not a fact as you keep trying to say) and how you are trying to appear to have some high ground or superior knowledge is/was the conversation. In fact YOU started the conversation with your assertions, i simply showed that your opinion is not fact and that you do not hold some factual knowledge all must adhere too, that you don’t like it is very clear. Food for thought, enjoy your day as well.

2 Likes

What, I look fantastic!

3 Likes

yes. you. do! :clap:

I understand clearly her opinion, and i (and many others) have a different one. Our differences come from our point of view as to what makes lore and does something need to be written down to be lore or is it enough in a video game (visual medium) to have something obvious be occurring without it inside some text somewhere (even though the text is in the actual name of the pixels on TR). If they didn’t want to have High Elves out on TR and wanted it to be just Blood Elves…that is what Blizzard would have done, they didn’t just put them out there whilly nilly.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me, that is EXACTLY what she was saying. However i have a different opinion for the reasons i stated and she is entitled to her opinion and that is fine. She does not however get to tell me i have “head cannon” because she is unable to make the obvious leap right in front of her because there is not one sentence (her assertion not mine, that one sentence is all that is needed to make it lore) to tell her the obvious.

I can’t wait for black and white hair! Going to make some of my characters high elves, but i prefer the void aesthetic to be honest, just waiting for N’zoth eyes, corrupted skin and gothic hairstyles to be even more happy with my ren’dorei ^^

Sorrow and Brooding are hairstyles that I particularly like with both Anchor or Full facial hair. Specifically though, I prefer Full with Sorrow, and Anchor with Brooding.

Other styles look nice with them too though, such as Foehawk, Dark Tides, Agony, and Suffusion.

6 Likes

That is exactly what headcanon is for in these situations. To fill in blanks or leaps of logic between what is in game and what is available or plausible.

Its exactly headcanon since its not stated in the game and the devs haven’t weighed in with anything better than vague “they’re sorta recruiting”.

Which you can tell is vague by there being several differing viewpoints on what the devs meant.

Until its explicitly shown and stated its headcanon by default. Which isn’t wrong or bad.

In fact in this case its almost certainly correct.

I’m not invalidating your view. What is in game is in game, whats in lore is in lore. Leaps after that are good and fine, hell required at times, but still leaps.

Like you can’t tell me how new void elves are made. There is no information. Anything anyone has on that is headcanon.

Which is also fine. We can all just play what we want.

I just don’t see anything incorrect with what Rhielle said and I think both of you are a little more strung up by it than you’re admitting.

But I’mma bow out. I get into too many fights over this stuff and I’m tired of it. lol

Already done. As i said they didn’t just pick the tags they picked randomly. These are very SPECIFIC npc’s standing there, they aren’t any other race or faction or anything, it specifically says High Elf Wayfarer, it doesn’t say Blood Elf Wayfarer. The implication of what is going on is VERY clear. So in my opinion it’s already explicitly shown.

That works both ways, if you want to imply my opinion is “head cannon” while viewing what is going on and use those terms as interchangeable (opinion and head cannon), i can say she is using “head cannon” for saying nothing is occurring despite the obvious reference of High Elves being on TR to begin with AND them learning via the statements the npc’s make.

Well of course. But i am not going to have someone tell me i am “wrong” for having an opinion, that their opinion (not a fact) is right because they need one sentence for something to be occurring. And as i said, she is entitled to her opinion, she is not entitled to tell me mine is “wrong” or “headcannon” (implying that it is wrong which is what she is doing) and that she has some factual knowledge or that her opinion is factual and must be adhered too because her opinion is different.

No fight, just a difference of opinion and what can be considered “lore” or “cannon”, also what is an opinion and what is fact. I am fine with a visual representation and others are not.

2 Likes

Cope.

Still not High Elves.