Feign Death + Trap Bug

still not fixed. also, every time someone just straight up runs over my trap with a speed boost or on a mount i cant help but remember this clip.

clips twitch tv/BrightAntsyHorseradishPeanutButterJellyTime

the guy in the clip is Kevin Jordan, the guy who MADE the hunter class. so if anyone knows how traps are supposed to work, it’s him. sad that blizzard is going to lie and imply the current iteration of traps is correct. or at least “consistent” with the reference client.

9 Likes

still not working

4 Likes

Blizzard it’s infuriating playing your game at times when key elements simply do not function as intended. There are fundamental issues with most classes but it really feels as if hunter got little to no attention. How is it even possible that pet pathing and overall programming of classes is better on private servers? You’re telling me that a couple of smelly trolls smoking cigarettes in their parents attic can program better than Activis- I mean Blizzard entertainment?

2 Likes

That’s an easy question to answer: Because private servers use the original game client and not a botched up legion client. None of these game breaking class bugs existed in the original client because there was no spell batching aka artificial lag.

Hunters are so bugged in retail that the guides actually advise you to macro every single hunter ability to incorporate pet attacks to compensate for the spell batching lag. Classic uses the same broken spell batching from retail.

4 Likes

what’s infuriating and disgusting is their lack of communication with the issues. Blizzard is basically scamming people by not being forthright with all these issues. We should be getting daily updates(actually this should have all been fixed in beta). When you go to character creation and select hunter as a class there should be a caution sign with a message that reads: “ATTENTION this class is completely broken-play at your own risk wow classic is not vanilla or classic and is simply a marketing gimmick, trademarked activision blizzard, thank you for all your money now go sit on a mage’s staff

6 Likes

It’s funny you mention the botched legion client. It’s probably why the game just doesn’t feel like wow pre legion. It really is sad some random people with a hint of passion can put out a better product than a billion dollar company.

5 Likes

Honestly at this point I’m going to conclude that no one at Blizzard has a clue how these classes were supposed to work. This probably explains why modern class design is such oversimplified garbage it could have been done by a third grader.

6 Likes

Not sure if it was mentioned but AI pathing is horrible in Classic…with mobs going left and right and doing some strange detours, let alone Pet moving like an idiot when their target is moving…none of these behaviors are in reference client, NONE OF THEM. Please do something, I love playing the Hunter but seeing these annoyance not being fixed is really frustrating.

4 Likes

Are they not going to fix this? There’s also random mobs stuck half way underground and when you attack them it says evade. Does anyone know how to save your character data and transfer it to a private server so I don’t lose my playtime?

What the hell blizzard?

I just started leveling a hunter but now i feel like i wasted my time. This bug is massively gamebreaking for hunter pvp.

Get this fixed asap or you wont even see hunters exist soon in pvp

1 Like

They had beta.
They had launch.
They had P1.
They had P1.5
They had P2.

And they’re about to have P2.5

We’re almost at P3 now

3 Likes

I was being sarcastic

1 Like

Apparently phases are not patches according to the keyring blue post.

1 Like

Can we get some sort of update here on this bug? FD and trap is highly inconsistent due to spell batching. 50% of the time, it works all the time. Please address this issue when BG releases. Thank you for the consideration :pray:

Between leeway and spell batching and the bajallion bugs classic is reaching the point of where its not fun to play.

Still better than BFA but just not good.

Bring on BC

:rofl:

This guy

100% troll

1 Like

Still absolutely broken, pity since hunter is one of my favorite classes to play.

1 Like

I don’t even try to fd/trap in group pvp anymore. It is a waste of a couple of seconds pulling my pet back and me lying there like a moron instead of just fighting. Really disappointing that we are about to hit phase 3 and there is no sign of this being fixed.

6 Likes

In the last 10 minutes of playing I’ve now had Feign completely not work in PvE (without being resisted) (without moving or touching my mouse even a little bit).

My next feign death dropped aggro immediately, but as I stared at my trap buttons with the usual disheartened feeling I get whenever using FD now I noticed they didn’t become available for a good 5 seconds. Maybe even a little longer than that. This is probably the longest I’ve seen it take but the delay is always there regardless of the situation.

These were both in PvE… it is worse in PvP, as yesterday during a random world fight my FD failed to drop combat at all vs a rogue as usual…

I have recordings of all of this to prove how incredibly messed up FD is. Honestly since Blizzard’s “changes” it has gotten no better or possibly worse.

Blizzard can you PLEASE address these bugs for real finally before battlegrounds come out??? There have been possible solutions mentioned, there has to be a way around to fix it. Perhaps if the combat issue can’t be solved then give FD a buff that allows the hunter to cast a trap for 1 second after using it …

We need to keep this thread at the top and possibly start a petition / call blizzard/ do something… hunter is a fun and diverse class but having arguably their best ability be this messed up is unacceptable for a paid monthly game

2 Likes

Yohnstopp’s post sums up how messed up it is in PvP perfectly. Had a rogue /laugh at me yesterday while I sat there on the ground for 2-3 seconds trying to leave combat, my pet no longer attacking him.

If you don’t think those 2-3 seconds of you doing nothing (as well as your pet) are enough to completely lose you the fight you are flat out wrong. Especially in a version of this game as deadly as Classic. This is coming from someone who’s gotten to 2200+ in both 2v2 and 3v3 arenas in BFA and Legion so I’m not completely terrible at PvP although obviously not at the highest level either

I haven’t even mentioned yet how your pet attacking a priest 30 yards away will keep you in combat vs a warrior who just charged you from the opposite direction when you FD. You shouldn’t even have to put your pet on passive in that situation to trap the warrior and yet you do

3 Likes